Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's face it...

Default Let's face it...

... we are not a Super Bowl team. Not this year anyway.

We get a southern team in arrowhead in 4 degree weather, they keep losing starters, we get good calls for once from the refs, and WE pull a loss out of a sure win.

My rants in no particular order:

- Alex should be cast in the next production of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. After we got our 14-0 lead he started tossing the ball high on almost all of his remaining passes. We are lucky we didn't lose a receiver or two to injury or an interception due to a ball bounce.

- Why did Andy forsake Kelce, Tyreek, and Maclin in the second half? And does he not believe in Chris Conley anymore? I understand they were doubling up on TK, but shouldn't that leave Maclin open? Oh I forgot, Alex was throwing the ball high.

- Where has our run offense gone? Have defenses figured out Spencer Ware? is it me or has he not been the same since his concussion? He has a lot of heart, mind you, but he is no longer pushing Ds backward like he used to. And where does it say we cannot use a fullback as a RB? Why aren't we having Sherman carry some short yardage ones or catch passes out of the backfield?

- Where has our pass rush gone? Where was justin houston all afternoon? I assume he was told to play run and/or help other LBs compensate for DJ's absence. We have a Hawaiian boy playing QB against us in this kind of cold for the very first time in his career. Why not put pressure on him?

- Have I told you I HATE THE PREVENT DEFENSE? Apparently Andy and Sutton don't. We let them march down the field with that while they where out of times out and needed only a Succup FG to win.

- Speaking of Succup, when will coaches realize you cannot freeze an NFL kicker with times out? We gave them a second chance to win after succup sucked on the first attempt.

There's only one consolation about this loss: I was going to root for the Donks against New England and was feeling dirty about it. Now i'm rooting for NE to beat Denver.

we have not run the ball well in over a month, imo the blocking is not there

As far as the running game, it's been lacking for awhile. Especially the interior run game. Mostly because our OL just isn't strong. It's also why we have a horrible goal line offense. We are not able to line up and pound the ball consistently for 2 yards. And it isn't going to improve until we upgrade our interior OL.

loosing Ehinger really hurt the run game

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    loosing Ehinger really hurt the run game
    Was he really that good?

I'll leave my postgame thoughts here tried to make my own but damn weather is killing my internet today

I said this in the game thread and have said it all year PLAYCALLING we came out and attacked them. Got up 14-0 after that we saw more of what we have seen all year sideways throws for the most part. Again I'll say our biggest need is a sideline guy who will smack Reid when he's calling that stuff. It hasn't worked for how long now?

Alex staredowns have got to stop. He for the most part does a good job taking care of the football. But for any QB when you stare down your WRS you make it really easy for the defense. He has been around far to long for this to be an issue. This is something you expect out of rookie QBs not 10+ year vets

DAT. WTF happened to you. At one point he showed some promise but what has he done. Today he had that run but dropped a key 3rd down pass then committed a false start on the very next play. He hasn't done much this year. I don't think he will be back next season. Nor has he done enough to come back IMO

I am still pissed they gave the titians their first td. We have replay to get it right it clearly showed him short.

Just a frustrating game nothing good happened today oh well
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

0-line been completely awful sorry when 4th and goal all the line men in endzone look back at ware is crap!!!! O-line is trash!! Now on to the problem is reid play calling he wont go away from screen less kc loseing im sick of it and all we need 1 first down 3rd and 2 he runs alex smith sweep my god!! My 15 year old calls better plays!!! And here reality check we lose next 2 game were out dance!! And hill gets 1 throw all game wtf!!! This kid will go up and get it or how about a jet sweep to hill!! Im soo pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This proly the end of are run to be honest less andy pulls his head out his screen loveing ***!! And now we got denver coming in and then go to chargers both dev games ugh!!! We rly needed that win was just aweful and iceing the kicker wtf is that **** there 💯 more chance of a kicker missing 1st kick when game on the line thats a bull**** call .. thats my rant

I don't mind when a coach goes conservative with a lead and pound the ball to kill the clock ... when you have a team that can do it. We DO NOT have the interior OL to pound the rock to kill the clock, or to get tough fought goal line yards. We just don't have the strength. For some reason, Reid insists that this team has the OL from the Vermiel years that can play the short yardage game successfully.

The one time he was aggressive, and went for it on 4th and goal, it was a stupid play call. We can't run up the middle, especially in goal line. ANY other play would have been a better call, especially kicking a FG to give us the points that WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME!

Horrible outcome today. We had the opportunity to clinch a playoff spot and blew it. All we had to do was pound the rock at the end. Instead Reid got cute and despite the fact that the Titans clearly had our run game figured out, sends Ware out to the flanker spot making it obvious to everyone and his brother's cousin that Smith was going to scramble. If we'd made that first down right then and there, end of ball game.

Do agree with the others that upgrading our guards is NOT a bad idea.

My father in law said the outcome of this game, is entirely on Andy Reid's shoulders with his ****ty play calling. Going for it 4th and 1 instead of kicking a chip shot. Those three points very well cost us the game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast