Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's face it...

Default Let's face it...

... we are not a Super Bowl team. Not this year anyway.

We get a southern team in arrowhead in 4 degree weather, they keep losing starters, we get good calls for once from the refs, and WE pull a loss out of a sure win.

My rants in no particular order:

- Alex should be cast in the next production of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. After we got our 14-0 lead he started tossing the ball high on almost all of his remaining passes. We are lucky we didn't lose a receiver or two to injury or an interception due to a ball bounce.

- Why did Andy forsake Kelce, Tyreek, and Maclin in the second half? And does he not believe in Chris Conley anymore? I understand they were doubling up on TK, but shouldn't that leave Maclin open? Oh I forgot, Alex was throwing the ball high.

- Where has our run offense gone? Have defenses figured out Spencer Ware? is it me or has he not been the same since his concussion? He has a lot of heart, mind you, but he is no longer pushing Ds backward like he used to. And where does it say we cannot use a fullback as a RB? Why aren't we having Sherman carry some short yardage ones or catch passes out of the backfield?

- Where has our pass rush gone? Where was justin houston all afternoon? I assume he was told to play run and/or help other LBs compensate for DJ's absence. We have a Hawaiian boy playing QB against us in this kind of cold for the very first time in his career. Why not put pressure on him?

- Have I told you I HATE THE PREVENT DEFENSE? Apparently Andy and Sutton don't. We let them march down the field with that while they where out of times out and needed only a Succup FG to win.

- Speaking of Succup, when will coaches realize you cannot freeze an NFL kicker with times out? We gave them a second chance to win after succup sucked on the first attempt.

There's only one consolation about this loss: I was going to root for the Donks against New England and was feeling dirty about it. Now i'm rooting for NE to beat Denver.

Pissed me off right after the game they caught up with Reid and he said his same cookie cutter answer that he does every time we lose. Only this time didn't seem genuine at all. He assumes responsibility for this loss because he didn't put the players in a position to win is an understatement.

If you had to put it in percentages how would you break down this loss???

here my break down:
    Andy Reid:90% for his PLAYCALLING, for not kicking that fieldgoal
    Alex Smith:5% for his end one interception
    Defense:5% including Sutton for that last drives play all and not being tighter

Gentleman....

I missed most of the second half. So I won't comment on the part of the game I missed, but I think Reid's decision to go for it on 4th and goal at the 1 yard line was the RIGHT decision. We were up 14-7. Our Offense had been moving well. Our Defense was doing great. 21-7 would probably have put the game away. So I LIKE the decision. Was running Ware a second time in a row the right play call? Not so sure about that, but I think going for it on 4th and goal at the 1 was 100% the right call. Did it cost us the game? Probably. But it was still the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Gentleman....

I missed most of the second half. So I won't comment on the part of the game I missed, but I think Reid's decision to go for it on 4th and goal at the 1 yard line was the RIGHT decision. We were up 14-7. Our Offense had been moving well. Our Defense was doing great. 21-7 would probably have put the game away. So I LIKE the decision. Was running Ware a second time in a row the right play call? Not so sure about that, but I think going for it on 4th and goal at the 1 was 100% the right call. Did it cost us the game? Probably. But it was still the right decision.
    Maclin looked great why wasn't he present in any of the goaline situations today? Kelce is statistically one of the best tight ends this season and TEs are usually targeted in the red one and he wasn't. Gotta get the ball to your playmakers down there and they never got an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Maclin looked great why wasn't he present in any of the goaline situations today? Kelce is statistically one of the best tight ends this season and TEs are usually targeted in the red one and he wasn't. Gotta get the ball to your playmakers down there and they never got an opportunity.
    No arguments. As I said, I was solely addressing the issue of whether the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 was the right decision or not. IMO opinion it WAS. Was running Ware a second time the right play call? I do have my doubts about that. But IMO going for it was RIGHT.

Does anyone remember a blitz from our D in this game?

Bad play calling, bad execution, less than stellar performances?

it took a lot of wrongs to lose this game but the failure to stop their running game gave them 1st downs and that lead to scores, the scores we didn't answer. We lost because we beat ourselves...AGAIN

And yes, I never saw an aggressive defense or offense, or special teams....

I totally agree with Franken. Yeah...we won some really tight games, but I knew we're not a SB team. The thing is we never can put anyone away. Bottom line is we're not there yet. We really need to start thing about a future QB in the draft. Remember...Derek Carr was taken in the 2nd round (#36) & Dee Ford was 1st (#23)

We have to face it people...Alex Smith is a decent system QB & that's it. Even if we won yesterday my feelings would still be the same. Yes...We'll make the playoffs & most likely get beat in the 1st round or 2nd with the best scenario. Life as a KC Chief fan. I use to it by now.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper Barrett View Post
    it took a lot of wrongs to lose this game but the failure to stop their running game gave them 1st downs and that lead to scores, the scores we didn't answer.
    I think A LOT of that had to do with losing DJ last week. If we had DJ this week this game would be in the W column.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think A LOT of that had to do with losing DJ last week. If we had DJ this week this game would be in the W column.
    +1. We've had DJ as inside linebacker for how many years? Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12