Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post game Denver GET ME A BROOM

Default Post game Denver GET ME A BROOM

Not going to lie THIS ONE FEELS EXTRA NICE I've always hated the Donkeys more then any other team and that hasn't died at all.

1. If Travis Kelce is going to play like that I am all for him talking after games. It's ok if you talk but if you do then you have to back it up. He did that tonight a very nice tip of the cap to Mr.Kelce. Keep that up

2. MAN OH MAN it was nice to see Alex use his legs again. He did that alot last year. He hasn't done that as much this year and it has been missed I hope that is a sign of things to come from Alex.

3. I've been saying it for weeks and I will again here. I love to see this team use the slants they are very hard to defend are have been VERY useful for this offense. Less screens and more of those really helped this offense tonight. And they didn't take their foot off the gas as much (See the Poe pass that I will talk more about) THAT'S something that this team can build on

4, This defense just keeps finding a way. A guy goes down they just seem to find a way to bounce back. Denver isn't a great offense but they did a much better job tonight then what they did @Denver. And did so without Justin Houston so anther huge tip of the cap to the defense for anther job well done.

5. Now back to the Mr.Poe pass. Denver might be mad but after a few cheap shots they have thrown at our guys over the years They earned that F you from us. If they are mad about it then they can just enjoy watching us in the postseason.

6. I had this thought last week but our last 2 losses had 1 thing in common. They were right before a Denver game. Part of me wonders if they were cases of looking ahead a bit to much.

Next week any chance to win the AFC west starts with a win so the Chiefs have to take care of business. Other then that they have 0 chance. I have never rooted for Denver and I won't next week whatever happens happens in the Denver Oakland game but I won't be mad if Denver wins next week for once.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    3 catches for 9 yds, Sunday night, for Maclin. He has been a disappointment this year even when he is healthy. I'm nott sure what the problem is but he should be much more productive than he has been.
    It is weird after last season how he's disappeared from the radar screen. Think a lot of it has to do with Kelce and Tyreek Hill get more opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It is weird after last season how he's disappeared from the radar screen. Think a lot of it has to do with Kelce and Tyreek Hill get more opportunities.
    I too am confused by Maclin's lack of production this year. He was a barn-burner last year and this year not much. So I looked up some stats. He's doing OK with 12.1 yards per reception (his lowest ever). His catch per target % is way down at 56.3% (lowest ever) vs 70.2% (highest ever) last year. He is getting targeted less (8.27 targets per game last year vs 6.45 this year). All in all I can't see anything in the stats that explains why he is having a bad year. Since he came back from the injury his catch per target % has been up (67%).

I've no conclusive evidence, but I suspect that after last year enemy defenses are watching Maclin much more carefully and that Reid is taking advantage of that to give Tyreek Hill and Kelce more opportunities. As we all know, Reid is a tricky little S.O.B. (sometimes TOO tricky) and maybe he is using the Maclin threat to open up opportunities for other receivers that maybe aren't so much on the enemy radar?

I really don't know. But I will tell you true....wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Maclin go NUTS in the playoffs or next year. Enemy Defenses can only cover so many threats and if they are keying on Hill and Kelce how long is it going to be before Maclin starts getting left mostly open??

I think you nailed it, CT. Maclin is pretty much being used as a decoy to open up opportunities for other receivers. But if defenses try to shut down Kelce, Hill and whoever else is out there (Conley, Harris, Ware) Maclin can burn them big time. Maybe he has lost a step due to his injury, too. Whatever, as long as the Chiefs are winning, I'm not gonna worry too much about it.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

He looked great on that deep ball last week. But This week. Didn't seem to care at all? Looked like he was jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I think you nailed it, CT. Maclin is pretty much being used as a decoy to open up opportunities for other receivers. But if defenses try to shut down Kelce, Hill and whoever else is out there (Conley, Harris, Ware) Maclin can burn them big time. Maybe he has lost a step due to his injury, too. Whatever, as long as the Chiefs are winning, I'm not gonna worry too much about it.
    His cap-hit worries me since we have a BIG cap problem next year but that is beyond my control or concern since Maclin's contract guarantees we keep him through at least 2017. THANK GOD I am NOT John Dorsey. But yeah....WINNING IS GOOD! And under the Reid-Dorsey regime we just have a bad habit of WINNING! If Maclin is being used primarily as a decoy to set up other players then he is ONE DAMNED EXPENSIVE decoy but if it sets him up for the playoffs or next year then the reality is that it all comes down to how many "Ws" you get. JUST KEEP WINNING ANDY...just keep winning.

Speaking of brooms.

I saw this posted on reddit.

http://m.imgur.com/pXgur1R

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I too am confused by Maclin's lack of production this year. He was a barn-burner last year and this year not much. So I looked up some stats. He's doing OK with 12.1 yards per reception (his lowest ever). His catch per target % is way down at 56.3% (lowest ever) vs 70.2% (highest ever) last year. He is getting targeted less (8.27 targets per game last year vs 6.45 this year). All in all I can't see anything in the stats that explains why he is having a bad year. Since he came back from the injury his catch per target % has been up (67%).

I've no conclusive evidence, but I suspect that after last year enemy defenses are watching Maclin much more carefully and that Reid is taking advantage of that to give Tyreek Hill and Kelce more opportunities. As we all know, Reid is a tricky little S.O.B. (sometimes TOO tricky) and maybe he is using the Maclin threat to open up opportunities for other receivers that maybe aren't so much on the enemy radar?

I really don't know. But I will tell you true....wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Maclin go NUTS in the playoffs or next year. Enemy Defenses can only cover so many threats and if they are keying on Hill and Kelce how long is it going to be before Maclin starts getting left mostly open??
    Would absolutely love for this to be the case in the next few weeks. Everyone's talking about Tyreek Hill, everyone's known about Kelce. Maclin still is a very big target with reliable hands. We've got too much invested in him not to use him more.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Speaking of brooms.

I saw this posted on reddit.

http://m.imgur.com/pXgur1R
    Dunno how they put the brooms in his hand but that is a doctored video if ever I saw one. LOVE IT THOUGH!

At least the team is now in the playoffs. Which is great!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

How about a "how it's made" in case we need one in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Dunno how they put the brooms in his hand but that is a doctored video if ever I saw one. LOVE IT THOUGH!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12