Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game Denver GET ME A BROOM

Default Post game Denver GET ME A BROOM

Not going to lie THIS ONE FEELS EXTRA NICE I've always hated the Donkeys more then any other team and that hasn't died at all.

1. If Travis Kelce is going to play like that I am all for him talking after games. It's ok if you talk but if you do then you have to back it up. He did that tonight a very nice tip of the cap to Mr.Kelce. Keep that up

2. MAN OH MAN it was nice to see Alex use his legs again. He did that alot last year. He hasn't done that as much this year and it has been missed I hope that is a sign of things to come from Alex.

3. I've been saying it for weeks and I will again here. I love to see this team use the slants they are very hard to defend are have been VERY useful for this offense. Less screens and more of those really helped this offense tonight. And they didn't take their foot off the gas as much (See the Poe pass that I will talk more about) THAT'S something that this team can build on

4, This defense just keeps finding a way. A guy goes down they just seem to find a way to bounce back. Denver isn't a great offense but they did a much better job tonight then what they did @Denver. And did so without Justin Houston so anther huge tip of the cap to the defense for anther job well done.

5. Now back to the Mr.Poe pass. Denver might be mad but after a few cheap shots they have thrown at our guys over the years They earned that F you from us. If they are mad about it then they can just enjoy watching us in the postseason.

6. I had this thought last week but our last 2 losses had 1 thing in common. They were right before a Denver game. Part of me wonders if they were cases of looking ahead a bit to much.

Next week any chance to win the AFC west starts with a win so the Chiefs have to take care of business. Other then that they have 0 chance. I have never rooted for Denver and I won't next week whatever happens happens in the Denver Oakland game but I won't be mad if Denver wins next week for once.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Not going to lie THIS ONE FEELS EXTRA NICE I've always hated the Donkeys more then any other team and that hasn't died at all.

1. If Travis Kelce is going to play like that I am all for him talking after games. It's ok if you talk but if you do then you have to back it up. He did that tonight a very nice tip of the cap to Mr.Kelce. Keep that up

2. MAN OH MAN it was nice to see Alex use his legs again. He did that alot last year. He hasn't done that as much this year and it has been missed I hope that is a sign of things to come from Alex.

3. I've been saying it for weeks and I will again here. I love to see this team use the slants they are very hard to defend are have been VERY useful for this offense. Less screens and more of those really helped this offense tonight. And they didn't take their foot off the gas as much (See the Poe pass that I will talk more about) THAT'S something that this team can build on

4, This defense just keeps finding a way. A guy goes down they just seem to find a way to bounce back. Denver isn't a great offense but they did a much better job tonight then what they did @Denver. And did so without Justin Houston so anther huge tip of the cap to the defense for anther job well done.

5. Now back to the Mr.Poe pass. Denver might be mad but after a few cheap shots they have thrown at our guys over the years They earned that F you from us. If they are mad about it then they can just enjoy watching us in the postseason.

6. I had this thought last week but our last 2 losses had 1 thing in common. They were right before a Denver game. Part of me wonders if they were cases of looking ahead a bit to much.

Next week any chance to win the AFC west starts with a win so the Chiefs have to take care of business. Other then that they have 0 chance. I have never rooted for Denver and I won't next week whatever happens happens in the Denver Oakland game but I won't be mad if Denver wins next week for once.
    RIGHT THE HELL ON MATTHEWSCHIEFS!!!!

First time we have SWEPT the Broncos since 2000. Also SWEPT the Raiders. Dunno the last time we swept them BOTH IN THE SAME SEASON. One last game stands between our Chiefs and SWEEPING the best division in the AFC--THE WEST!!!

One thing to add: what was that so-called BS about the Donkeys Defense being the best in football and invincible? Three games in a row the Chiefs have gutted them.

The Donkeys Defense is only good when their DB's are allowed to hold and get away with it. They can't handle power football.

Oh, and BTW Matt, as you know, you aren't the only one that hates them.

CTC, remember that Donkey lover Marvin H? Three games in a row now that he's had to eat a bale of hay filled with Donkey doo-doo.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-26-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One thing to add: what was that so-called BS about the Donkeys Defense being the best in football and invincible? Three games in a row the Chiefs have gutted them.

The Donkeys Defense is only good when their DB's are allowed to hold and get away with it. They can't handle power football.

CTC, remember that Donkey lover Marvin H? Three games in a row now that he's had to eat a bale of hay filled with Donkey doo-doo.
    Yup....And he seems to be MIA from the Chiefs sites he used to troll.

They did exactly what they needed to do after the Titans loss...Come back and fertilize arrowhead with Denver.

To the OP - Agreed on all counts. When someone gets 160 yds receiving, they've earned microphone rights. Personally I thought the Poe pass was more of a team having fun than anything, but if you look at the faces of the Broncos players after that, they were DONE. Granted I didn't like Harris getting the fifteen yard penalty afterwards, but how many times have we seen Donks players acting like jerks for accomplishing less?

Denver really shot themselves in the foot. They can hurt our playoff position by losing next Sunday, but if they do they'll have to lose in front of a home crowd to a Derek Carr-less Oakland team.

One thing I'd point out...We are turning into one of those teams that can put up 21+ points in one quarter. So heck yeah keep the slants.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

They still managed to get away with a LOT of holding on our LB's. It was really blatant towards the end of the game.

What impressed me more about Kelce tonight was his blocking. His two blocks are responsible for springing both Hill and Smith on the first two TDs. Add his TD run, and he was responsible for all but the poe TD.

If Kelce blocks that well in the running game in the playoffs (as well as the rest of the OL) then we have a shot at being a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    What impressed me more about Kelce tonight was his blocking. His two blocks are responsible for springing both Hill and Smith on the first two TDs. Add his TD run, and he was responsible for all but the poe TD.

If Kelce blocks that well in the running game in the playoffs (as well as the rest of the OL) then we have a shot at being a contender.
    On that Hill run he WIPED OUT someone I mean WOW he took that defender OUT it was really nice to see
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Now maybe I was just seeing things, but to me... Maclin packed it up and quit. It did no look like he was running hard at all even when he had the ball. Instead, it appeared he was visibly upset with the play call.

3 catches for 9 yds, Sunday night, for Maclin. He has been a disappointment this year even when he is healthy. I'm nott sure what the problem is but he should be much more productive than he has been.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast