Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Look at the Chiefs 2017 opponents

Default A Look at the Chiefs 2017 opponents

Kansas City Chiefs 2017 schedule of opponents include Cowboys, Patriots

by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Dec 27, 2016, 8:42am CST

The Kansas City Chiefs know most of their 2017 opponents even though the NFL schedule has yet to be released. The Chiefs may not know the dates and times of their opponents or the order of the games but they do know 14 of their 16 opponents.

The NFL schedule is formulaic. The Chiefs know six of their games will come from playing their three AFC West opponents twice. The Chiefs play a rotating AFC and NFC division each year which makes up eight more games. This year it’s the AFC East and the NFC East. Then the Chiefs also play the AFC teams who finished in the same spot in the division as them.

These are the Chiefs 2017 opponents (note that this is unofficial until the Chiefs confirm so):

Home: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, Eagles, Redskins, AFC North

Away: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, Giants, AFC South

If the Chiefs finish in first place in the AFC West, they’ll play the Steelers (AFC North) and Texans (AFC South) at home. The Steelers and Texans are in first place in their division.

If the Chiefs finish in second place in the AFC West, they’ll play the Ravens (AFC North) and Titans (AFC South) on the road. The Ravens and Titans are in second place in their division.
    As for the schedule, it looks harder right now. The harder games are on the road - Patriots, Cowboys and Giants. It looks like the Chiefs could have as many as three playoff teams at home and five playoff teams on the road if they’re playing a first place schedule.
    Note that this is close to Andy Reid’s first season in Kansas City, which was four years ago.

Dorsey has done a solid job. I never understood how our 3rd pick was such a bust (#74 KeiVarae Russell) I guess John more then made up for it with Tyreek Hill.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Dorsey has done a solid job. I never understood how our 3rd pick was such a bust (#74 KeiVarae Russell) I guess John more then made up for it with Tyreek Hill.
    Found this article about when he got waived...http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...varae-russell/

Sounds like he wasn't picking up the defense fast enough to suit Reid. It must've been bad - Reid has shown a lot of patience with players.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    I think Eydugstr got it about right. I think that Reid didn't see him catching on quickly enough so they waived him in the hopes of re-signing him to the practice squad. We've done quite a bit of that. This didn't work out this time as the Bengals swooped in and grabbed him.

Above all, I don't think Dorsey should be judged by how individual draft picks (no matter what round) turn out. The draft is simply an opportunity to add players who can help the team. Some of them help right away (Peters, Hill). Others need some development before they can contribute (Fisher, Ford, DuVernay-Tardiff). Others turn out to be busts. The big question is how do a GM's draft picks turn out as an overall group? Does he hit more than he misses? By that standard I think Dorsey has done pretty darned well. What difference does it make if you have a few early round draft busts if you have an equal or greater number of later round picks that turn into stars? I mean honestly...how often does a 5th round pick turn out to be like Tyreek Hill?

Holy smokes! We had better win this year, because next year looks like the toughest schedule I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Holy smokes! We had better win this year, because next year looks like the toughest schedule I have ever seen.
    That is a 9-7 to 11-5 season. Maybe better if we keep finding a way to win the tough ones. Dorsey and Reid need to hit home-runs in the off-season after we win the Super Bowl.

CT I hope you guys aren't getting your hopes up. I very much doubt we can beat the Patriots until I actually happens. So I'm not gonna get my hopes up, we may or may not be ready

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    CT I hope you guys aren't getting your hopes up. I very much doubt we can beat the Patriots until I actually happens. So I'm not gonna get my hopes up, we may or may not be ready
    That is reasonable. Living here in New England I have a fair number of friends who are Patriots fans. They all say the same thing....the only team that might keep them out of the Super Bowl is the Chiefs. If we get there, beating them in Foxboro WON'T be easy. But we are probably the ONLY AFC team that can do it. The fact that we have a score to settle from last year gives us a slight edge I think.

Lets get past the Steelers/Raiders/or Texans first! Then we focus on New England

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Lets get past the Steelers/Raiders/or Texans first! Then we focus on New England
    Precisely. One game at a time. The post-season is not the time to look ahead.

Pittsburgh is who I want in round 1. I want the Chiefs to get another shot at them, this time in the Chiefs own backyard. PAYBACK TIME !!

As for 2017, in the upcoming draft, if there is an off-the-edge pass-rusher available in round 1, I think the Chiefs should take him.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-04-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast