Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game @ Chargers thoughts AFC West championship edition

Default Post game @ Chargers thoughts AFC West championship edition

You Chiefs are AFC West champs
    AND we swept the entire AFC west this is a great feeling guys

1. Alex has gotten back to using his legs and it has made a huge difference for the offense. It's something else that the opposing D will have to respect. And that's always a huge help for any offense.

2. We had a number of key guys get banged up in this one. That week off is going to be really nice.

3. Maclin showed up today. Even after rolling his ankel. Kelce wasn't as big but we had someone else step up. That's huge and is what championship contenders do. You may stop one guy but championship teams have a way of having someone step up.

4, Hill was a highly debated pick. Can we put that to bed after what he has done. Both on and off the field. He has had 0 issues off the field and been an amazing weapon on the field. If that keeps up then the Chiefs have potential for a weapon for YEARS to come

5. The Chiefs not only WON a very tough division they SWEPT a very tough division this team IS BATTLE TESTED to say the least. That's going to be a nice thing to have going into the playoffs

12-4 division championship season it's impossible to be upset with this season so far. NOW PLEASE GO GET THAT RING. This team has the talent to beat ANYONE. GET IT DONE GUYS GET IT DONE
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

That was the tightest race I've ever seen in the AFC West. It wasn't really until the last few weeks that even San Diego was out of the playoffs.

1. Alex, after today's game and despite missing a few games during the season, is close to 3,500 yards on the season passing.

2. We really needed this coming bye week. This team went out, took care of business in SD, and earned it.

3. Maclin did really well, and Conley showed up when we needed him, too. Hope Maclin's ankle heals fast with the week off.

4. Outstanding job, Mr. Hill. Never seen anyone with his kind of speed.

5. Despite sweeping the division...The AFC West was so friggin' tight it had to be decided by TWO games (this one & Denver/Oakland). And this team STILL managed to win it. Oakland did not have the depth to take care of business when it had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You Chiefs are AFC West champs
    AND we swept the entire AFC west this is a great feeling guys
    For damned certain!

1. Alex has gotten back to using his legs and it has made a huge difference for the offense. It's something else that the opposing D will have to respect. And that's always a huge help for any offense.
    Exactly so.

2. We had a number of key guys get banged up in this one. That week off is going to be really nice.
    Lord knows we need it. We suffered against New England last year because Houston and Maclin were out/ineffective. This extra week for players to get healthy could be a real difference-maker.

3. Maclin showed up today. Even after rolling his ankel. Kelce wasn't as big but we had someone else step up. That's huge and is what championship contenders do. You may stop one guy but championship teams have a way of having someone step up.
    The more weapons you have the harder it is for enemy defenses. Don't matter who gets the yards and the TDs...only matters that SOMEBODY gets them.

4, Hill was a highly debated pick. Can we put that to bed after what he has done. Both on and off the field. He has had 0 issues off the field and been an amazing weapon on the field. If that keeps up then the Chiefs have potential for a weapon for YEARS to come
    Hill is showing that he DESERVED the 2cond chance Dorsey gave him.

5. The Chiefs not only WON a very tough division they SWEPT a very tough division this team IS BATTLE TESTED to say the least. That's going to be a nice thing to have going into the playoffs
    Our Chiefs won the toughest division in the AFC and probably the NFL.

12-4 division championship season it's impossible to be upset with this season so far.
    YUP!!! And it wasn't an easy one like 2010

NOW PLEASE GO GET THAT RING. This team has the talent to beat ANYONE. GET IT DONE GUYS GET IT DONE
    Says it ALL! Perhaps the best part is that we are not living on borrowed time like we were in the Montana era.

Agreed. This team had to really fight to earn the AFC West title and it wasn't smoke and mirrors like in 2010.

Why was Kelce held to 9 yards? That is 2 games where he was silenced this season (I know key blocks), and if it happens again, it may accompany a big fat "L" This is big (HUUUGE) as we must understand why and fix it in able to win playoff games. This in my opinion is imperative!!

Getting everyone healthy, utilizing all the tools and weapons we have (including a 32 year old' QB's legs), Converting first downs, and NOT making stupid mistakes are the keys to preparation no matter who we play.

I (IMHO) feel that we have everything we need to make it to the big game but we must play at 100% and be able to do so game in, game out. We must be able to bring on our "A" game when we need it and more importantly be successful doing so!. Something that, we must admit, we have a history of, in previous years and this season.

Go Chiefs!!! Make yourselves and your city proud .

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper Barrett View Post
    Why was Kelce held to 9 yards? ...
    Actually, ESPN.com says it was 8 yards!

The Chiefs put 37 points on the board. That's the most they have scored all season. And they did it without Jamaal Charles or Spencer Ware! And you are worried about Kelce? Over his previous 5 games Kelce has had 101, 140, 101, 41 and 160 receiving yards.

I'm not going to worry about one bad game. Any defense can shut down a single RB or receiver. What is remarkable about this Chiefs team is that they can score so many different ways, including defense and special teams.

Kelce made some great blocks, yesterday. He didn't put up 100+ yards because the Chiefs didn't need him to to put up 100+ yards. He was only targeted twice. Blame double coverage or blame play calling or blame Alex Smith not throwing him the ball because other receivers were wide open.

But I wouldn't worry about Kelce because of one game. He will be fine.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Andy Reid and Kelce both refused to comment on it after the game too

The offense really put it together yesterday. We only punted once, and that was the very last drive when i think we pulled our starters. The only other drive we didn't score on was the interception, which we were in FG range when it happened. Granted SD has a weak defense, but something has to be said about a team that essentially never punted the whole game, against ANY NFL defense.

About Kelce

It could have been part of the gameplan going into the game not to have him involved as much. He has been carrying the passing game for the last few weeks he might have just been given a blow to help not get him hurt going into the postseason and they need to get Maclin going. I'm not that worried about him I don't think he just forgot how to play or just fell off a cliff in a week.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The offense really put it together yesterday. We only punted once, and that was the very last drive when i think we pulled our starters. The only other drive we didn't score on was the interception, which we were in FG range when it happened. Granted SD has a weak defense, but something has to be said about a team that essentially never punted the whole game, against ANY NFL defense.
    They also moved the ball pretty damn well against Denver's D last week. Granted they had some guys banged up but they still had some playmakers out there
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast