Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: God Created Runningbacks

Default God Created Runningbacks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoRxohEMwxc"]YouTube - Larry Johnson[/ame]

What's happenin', hot stuffs?
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    I am a Chiefs fan, not a Team LJ fan.

LJ is his own team. He was not happy after his first two wins this season. Did not celebrate win with team.

openly badmouthed teammates, made racial comment towards The DICKY V!

he is a moron. If he is traded or injured, I will not shed a tear.
    Could you elaborate on these comments?

I don't follow, except for maybe I remember the media here talking about him responding to the diapers comment and Vermiel.

I would be interested in hearing about some of these issues.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I don't know HH, I just don't think he is running the same, he doesn't have the holes like we used to have, hence hesitation will allow for whatever small hole created now to close fast. What do I know? Solair hopefully has addressed and maybe modified O line blocking plays to help this, but I think LJ needs to explode off the hike and hit the line and whatever hole there may be hard and fast, then cut for additional openings for additional yards.

LJ has had to have his eyes on the D while getting the ball from Huard.

Believe it or not I used to play QB (in high school, we had a pretty competitive team) and it is not exactly easy for a QB to get the snap, take his steps to the RB and make the handoff to a RB like LJ when there are D in the backfield. It throws everything off.

Don't really know how to explain the concept I am trying to explain I guess.

LJ is explosive off the snap and gets to Huard at the SAME time as the D gets to him. There is just nothing a RB or QB can do about that.

This is not improvisation, and jukes and stuff. If the play never gets started because of the O line, how can you blame someone who hasn't had a chance to even GET the ball?

Am I making any sense at all? Not being sarcastic, just don't see how you can't see this.

sigh..
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    What's happenin', hot stuffs?
    You flirtin' with timsatt again luv?

You liked that picture of him at Arrowhead, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

Believe it or not I used to play QB (in high school, we had a pretty competitive team) and it is not exactly easy for a QB to get the snap, take his steps to the RB and make the handoff to a RB like LJ when there are D in the backfield. It throws everything off.

LJ is explosive off the snap and gets to Huard at the SAME time as the D gets to him. There is just nothing a RB or QB can do about that.

This is not improvisation, and jukes and stuff. If the play never gets started because of the O line, how can you blame someone who hasn't had a chance to even GET the ball?

Am I making any sense at all? Not being sarcastic, just don't see how you can't see this.

sigh..
    Well believe it or not I also played football in High School as a running back. I was a small guy so power running was not my game. But hitting a small hole fast then cutting was. He needs to hit the hole and blow thru.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well believe it or not I also played football in High School as a running back. I was a small guy so power running was not my game. But hitting a small hole fast then cutting was. He needs to hit the hole and blow thru.
    My point exactly. He doesn't have a hole to hit.

And he can't get to the line on half of his carries, even if there was a hole.

Since you were the Priest type of RB, I assume you had holes to hit and THEN juke the D.

Just remember that LJ doesn't have that luxury.

You flirtin' with timsatt again luv?

You liked that picture of him at Arrowhead, eh?

The stuffs is plural. :p He's cute, but young.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Could you elaborate on these comments?

I don't follow, except for maybe I remember the media here talking about him responding to the diapers comment and Vermiel.

I would be interested in hearing about some of these issues.
    LJ made a statement, last season, about how he has a connection with Herm, because he is black. He went on to state that he could never have that kind of relationship with a white man. It wasn't really all that horrible of a thing to say, but if the races involved were reversed, then it would have been a huge story.

sigh..
    Yes, but I think that you are exaggerating how often he is being hit as soon as he gets the ball, and downplaying the level of responsibility that LJ has for his own rushing statistics. When he does get the ball, without getting hit immediately, then he needs to ba able to make something happen, alot more frequently than he has been doing.

I never thought that he was any better than he is right now. I think that he was a product of a great offensive line and a great offensive system. Now, he is just another runningback.

I do agree that he has done surprisingly well as far as not crying to the press...yet.

The guy still has the chip on his shoulder, and he is angry. Unfortunately he is unable to take it out on the opposing D because he is too busy holding onto the ball.

So... He has to take it out on the coaches, or hold it in. I think he is doing a pretty good job of not talking to the press and calling out the coaches and dividing the team.
    I wouldn't even bother man, they aren't even listening. I have seen some holes this year, and when they're there, he usually explodes in them. Case and point, 40yrd run vs the Chargers, a couple 20 yrd runs against the Bengals, he's still got it, we just need something to take the defense's mind off LJ, preferably........A PASSING GAME.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123