Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just can't sleep....

Default I just can't sleep....

Despite a healthy dose of beer during the game and a bottle of champagne after the game I'm still wide awake. Tried to go to sleep a few times but my nerve endings were flopping around like a frog in a red hot fry-pan. Spent most of the last 10 hours watching Chiefs highlights vids on youtube. This one is good... Long but a hell of a lot of fun if you have an hour to spare.

So this post may be long and boring but I'm just going to ramble a bit about what a different team our Chiefs are than they have been in SO DAMNED LONG.

I can't believe the DEPTH we have. We lose stars like JC and Houston and we just go right on WINNING. All the way to a playoff win and now winning the West and getting a bye and home playoff game. On the same note, we lose important contributors (Flowers, Bowe etc etc etc) to free agency and we just keep right on winning. Watch the above vid and you'll be shocked how many players you see in these highlights that are no longer with the team. And after 4 years we are 11-5, 9-7, 11-5, 12-4. (.672). Reid has the best winning % of any Head Coach in team history.

QB...Our first major move in the Reid-Dorsey era. A boring old "game manager". And every year since he came to KC has been better than any of his years in SF. 2 17 point 4th quarter comebacks this year. 2 OT wins this year. He ain't no Brady or Manning or Rivers on the stats sheet but since he came to work for Reid all he does is WIN.

2015....From 1-5 to 11-5 and a playoff win-WITHOUT JC for the last 10 games. CRAZY!

And now...2016...A TOUGH DAMNED SCHEDULE in the toughest division in the AFC and probably the NFL. 12-4. Win the West. First round playoff bye. Home playoff game.

I've been a chiefs fan for almost 50 years and lemme tell y'all.....THESE ARE THE GLORY YEARS!!!! Reid and Dorsey are creating a new Chiefs DYNASTY!

Just think if we had the Texans, Titans and Tampa games back we would be 15-1

All one has to do is look at where the Chiefs were at after 4 years of Pioli, and where the Chiefs are at now after 4 years of Dorsey & Reid. Quite a difference, isn't there? Nobody is calling for Dorsey to be ousted like they were calling for Pioli to be ousted 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    All one has to do is look at where the Chiefs were at after 4 years of Pioli, and where the Chiefs are at now after 4 years of Dorsey & Reid. Quite a difference, isn't there? Nobody is calling for Dorsey to be ousted like they were calling for Pioli to be ousted 4 years ago.
    No planes flying over Arrowhead towing "Fire Dorsey and Reid" signs either. I know that Reid sometimes leaves us scratching our collective heads and Alex Smith seldom lights the scoreboard up like a 4th of July fireworks display, but they JUST KEEP WINNING. And I ain't gonna argue with winning. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    No planes flying over Arrowhead towing "Fire Dorsey and Reid" signs either. I know that Reid sometimes leaves us scratching our collective heads and Alex Smith seldom lights the scoreboard up like a 4th of July fireworks display, but they JUST KEEP WINNING. And I ain't gonna argue with winning. :)
    That's the whole paradox -- nothing but winning seasons since Dorsey/Reid came in. Awful hard to complain about when you compare it to Pigoli's 4 years. Anyone with any common sense could see Pioli was taking the Chiefs NOWHERE and a change had to be made. Thank goodness Clark Hunt listened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Just think if we had the Texans, Titans and Tampa games back we would be 15-1

I still really think the Bucs and Titans games had a lot to do with looking ahead to Denver. But we were able to over come those and found a way to win the division
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

That's the whole paradox -- nothing but winning seasons since Dorsey/Reid came in. Awful hard to complain about when you compare it to Pigoli's 4 years. Anyone with any common sense could see Pioli was taking the Chiefs NOWHERE and a change had to be made. Thank goodness Clark Hunt listened.
    Just so. Clark Hunt had pretty much been letting the team run on auto-pilot. But after the 2012 season he realized he would actually have to become more involved and and take an active hand in running the team. And he made a BOLD MOVE in grabbing Reid and then letting Reid pretty much choose his own GM. Some people LOVE Reid. Some HATE him. Some people LOVE Dorsey. Some hate him. ​I LOVE SEEING THE CHIEFS WIN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I still really think the Bucs and Titans games had a lot to do with looking ahead to Denver. But we were able to over come those and found a way to win the division
    That is what we seem to do this year...FIND A WAY TO WIN!!! NOW WE NEED TO DO IT 3 MORE TIMES!!! LET'S GET REID a SUPER BOWL WIN!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Just so. Clark Hunt had pretty much been letting the team run on auto-pilot. But after the 2012 season he realized he would actually have to become more involved and and take an active hand in running the team. And he made a BOLD MOVE in grabbing Reid and then letting Reid pretty much choose his own GM. Some people LOVE Reid. Some HATE him. Some people LOVE Dorsey. Some hate him. ​I LOVE SEEING THE CHIEFS WIN!!!!
    As for anyone hating Dorsey, it leads to the obvious question: WHY? What has he done to earn dislike or done that is so despicable? I can't think of anything. Overall, he's done a pretty fair job of bringing good football players to this team in a 4 year span. The only GM the Chiefs have ever had that I really believe that can challenge Dorsey in that area is Don Klosterman in the early to mid 1960's.

As for anyone hating Dorsey, it leads to the obvious question: WHY? What has he done to earn dislike or done that is so despicable? I can't think of anything. Overall, he's done a pretty fair job of bringing good football players to this team in a 4 year span. The only GM the Chiefs have ever had that I really believe that can challenge Dorsey in that area is Don Klosterman in the early to mid 1960's.
    I happen to be one of the people that thinks very well of Dorsey. Some people complain that he doesn't do as well as he should in rounds 1-3 but IMO he more than makes up for any shortcomings in the early rounds by doing amazingly well in the late rounds, UDFA and some other not-so-traditional sources. If you look at the entirety of talent he has brought to the Chiefs I think he has done an excellent job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast