Thread: DJ Alexander

Default DJ Alexander

So I knew he got selected as an alternative to the Pro-Bowl as a special teams player because Andy is the coach. Next thing you know he is starting at MLB. That alone is confusing to me. How did that happen?

Next, He looked the part. It excited me. Here he is no even a starter with the Chiefs but doing pretty decent job against some of the best in the league.

Did anyone watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So I knew he got selected as an alternative to the Pro-Bowl as a special teams player because Andy is the coach. Next thing you know he is starting at MLB. That alone is confusing to me. How did that happen?

Next, He looked the part. It excited me. Here he is no even a starter with the Chiefs but doing pretty decent job against some of the best in the league.

Did anyone watch?
    Seek....I can't say I paid special attention to his play as MLB, but I'll take your word for it because if you think about it that seems to be a perfect example of what Reid does as a coach. Reid seems to be the master of "next man up". He just seems to get much more out of seemingly pedestrian players than most coaches in the NFL. That doesn't change the play-calling and clock management that has us all doing face-slaps but when you take it all as a whole it makes Reid (IMO) a damned good coach.

As an aside Reid now has a better regular season winning % (.671) than any other Chiefs coach in history. I know Reid makes us all CRAZY sometimes, but 11-5, 9-7, 11-5 and 12-4 is more fun than I have had as a Chiefs fan in forever. The Montana/Marcus Allen years were great, but they only lasted 2 years. 4 winning seasons in a row, 4 playoff games in 4 years, a playoff win....when was the last time that happened?

Yeah as really as a Chiefs fan the team will be getting better and better! As really just need to take it to the next level.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

He looked great, but I doubt most of the players were going 100%, making him look a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    He looked great, but I doubt most of the players were going 100%, making him look a bit better.
    This. While it's great to be sent to the pro bowl, the game itself isn't meant to be taken too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    This. While it's great to be sent to the pro bowl, the game itself isn't meant to be taken too seriously.
    Well he did make great play on a dump pass. It didn't really look like they were going half speed. He was also involved in a goal line stance that kept E. Elliot out of the end zone from the 2. In that instance, I would have to say they cared more than other plays.

It's a really small sample size on him. Some people were convinced Eric Kush was ready to be our starting center after one start at the end of the season many moons ago

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    It's a really small sample size on him. Some people were convinced Eric Kush was ready to be our starting center after one start at the end of the season many moons ago
    When did Eric Kush play in the pro-bowl?