Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody watching the Super Bowl?

Default Anybody watching the Super Bowl?

If you are, say hello.

It'll be interesting to see how Goodell handles this.

Someone in Vegas bet 1.1 million on the Falcons winning ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Someone in Vegas bet 1.1 million on the Falcons winning ouch
    Ouch is right! Imagine going home and explaining that one to the family.

Watching brady throwing makes me rethink alex smith as our qb. I always have said we can win with smith but if tou seen brady throw them you see he throws the receivers open. Brady anticipates and so damn accurate and throws it so perfect that only hos wr can catch it. He throws it in a way that it opens the wr. Heck he threw it to the running back before he was even open or looking . I saw that but smith can stillbwin just needs more help and brady is just something special and its really unfare to compare brady amd smith.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Watching brady throwing makes me rethink alex smith as our qb. I always have said we can win with smith but if tou seen brady throw them you see he throws the receivers open. Brady anticipates and so damn accurate and throws it so perfect that only hos wr can catch it. He throws it in a way that it opens the wr. Heck he threw it to the running back before he was even open or looking . I saw that but smith can stillbwin just needs more help and brady is just something special and its really unfare to compare brady amd smith.
    The first half was not Brady at his best. He threw some bad passes trying to hook up with Edelmenn. It took him little while to get back on track, but once he did...

Falcons deserve to lose that game. Throwing the ball with 8 minutes left with 20 seconds still on the play clock. The fumble by Ryan took the wind right out of that team. Should have never happened. Worst case they punted with less time on the clock and more yard for the Pats to go.

I was sitting there before that turn over thinking what are they doing. This may come back on them.

Ryan made a couple of critical mistakes that pretty much cost them the game. Overall he played very well but those two glaring mistakes were back-breakers.

It still was the greatest comeback in history. Sucks for the falcons to be at the other end of it but they only have themselves to blame. Offense and defense they lost it in the second half. 25 point deficit. Offense couldnt take on point and defense xouldnt stop them. It says more about how good the Patriots are. Anyother team would have caved amd goven up. Hell i gave up at halftime. But what i said earlier about alex smith i still think we can win with him. People complain about the dink and dunk smith plays but brady plays the dink and dunk game. He just knows how to create and find mismatches better than anyone. Smith jist needs to trust his wr's and throw them open. But alot of it is andy reids playcalling as well. Mostly on playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    It still was the greatest comeback in history. Sucks for the falcons to be at the other end of it but they only have themselves to blame. Offense and defense they lost it in the second half. 25 point deficit. Offense couldnt take on point and defense xouldnt stop them. It says more about how good the Patriots are. Anyother team would have caved amd goven up. Hell i gave up at halftime. But what i said earlier about alex smith i still think we can win with him. People complain about the dink and dunk smith plays but brady plays the dink and dunk game. He just knows how to create and find mismatches better than anyone. Smith jist needs to trust his wr's and throw them open. But alot of it is andy reids playcalling as well. Mostly on playcalling.
    I mostly agree. The "dink and dunk" CAN get it done...even more so if you have a QB that can run the ball as we have seen Alex can. So yeah...we CAN win it all with Alex. And yes, Alex CAN air it out. We've seen it and the many Alex highlights vids show it. He CAN do it. He's not great at it but when called upon he can certainly throw that 35 or 40 yard pass.

IMO the problem is NOT that Reid's playcalling sucks. His playcalling is pretty damned good for Alex. But it just seems to come up short a little too often. I'm not sure how to fix that. Firing Reid is NOT the solution. 11-5, 9-7, 11-5. 12-4. A playoff win FINALLY! We have the team and coaching staff that can get the job done, but somewhere there is a small "tweak" that needs to be made to push us to the next level. I wish I thought I knew what that "tweak" was, but I don't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123