Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dontari Poe Not likely to Receive Tag

Default Dontari Poe Not likely to Receive Tag

Report: Chiefs not expected to use franchise tag on Dontari Poe, free agency next?

by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Mar 1, 2017, 9:26am CST

Here we go. The next big domino to fall is Dontari Poe(a very big domino). The Kansas City Chiefs are NOT expected to use the franchise tag on him. This according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport who indicates Poe will be hitting free agency.

And Adam Schefter:

Welp. The deadline to use the tag is 3 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) today. The Chiefs haven’t said anything. There is so much money on the free agent market right now that I wouldn’t expect him back if he hit free agency on March 9. I can’t say this is a major shocker but there was some question. I could’ve gone either way. Most of us thought this was a 50/50 deal. The downside to tagging Poe is the price tag - around $13 million. That’s a lot of money for a team who just signed two players to $119 million worth of contracts on Tuesday alone.
    The Chiefs seem to like Poe but for such a heavy guy with a back surgery and a ton of snaps on his resume I’m not sure it’s the best bet. I’d be curious to see what the market is for Poe.

If we are able to resign Poe that totally changes the draft and allows us to do whatever we want and not have to draft for need

I think we will resign poe. I thino poe likes it here and will take a discount. I think he likes the guys hes playing with. But maybebthats just me being nieve. But if we resign him than we habe alot of money tied up on the defenseive side but i think poe doesnt get the credit he deserves. I think we will miss him cuz jones is not a NT.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think we will resign poe. I thino poe likes it here and will take a discount. I think he likes the guys hes playing with. But maybebthats just me being nieve.
    I hope you are right. But I doubt it. :(

I think Dorse already said Poe is gone when they didn't franchise him. He said, we will let Free Agency play out, and I will fight as much as I can to keep him, but saying so I think Poe already has a number in his head and the Chiefs walked on that. The only way we resign him is if there is less interest in him than Poe thinks there will be.

To put a nail in the Poe Coffin, my son received an autographed helmet by Poe, won from a suite during the last home game. The autographs he gets never stay, with exception to Kelce and Colquitt.

Blame Russia. I bet they influenced poe and fed him dorseys scouting report of himself and he no longer likes kc. Russia, Russia,Russia

Blaming Russia is like blaming Poe for the 45th president's ranting and stupidity...

Report is Poe wants $10 million a year

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Report is Poe wants $10 million a year
    A lot of cash that we simply don't have.

I actually kinda hope the patriots sign both poe and charles. It would be nice for both of them go to the patriots and chase a championship. Can ypu imagine tom brady with a duel threat out of the back field lile charles ? Plus patriots want to go after a rop wr like deshean jackson or brandon cook. Tjat would be scary good. Adrian Peterson said he would take a one year small contract just to sign with the patriots to cjase a championship which wpuld also be scary but peterson is not a duel threat and is more one dimensional so he would only be used on running downs which kinda tips tje defense. Im not sure what kinda pass blocker he is eiyjer but we know charles can pass block and catch. Can you imagine the motion charles put as a wr and then turn him loose. That's the one thing i wiaj we did more with charles. I dont think we used him like a wr like todd haley did with Charles. Yes im a chiefs fan 1st but I'm also a brady/patriots fan 2nd. Just wish they werent both afc team's. If the chiefs dont make it then i hope its the pats. But imagine poe on that defense witj pats playimg more 4-3 poe wpuld be a beast at penetrating instead of the gap system and just occupying blockers like he does here and i think it would be healtheir fpr poe as well simce we wont have to hold his ground and can just attack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12