Thread: Chiefs TE Arrested Charged with Felony Possession

Default Chiefs TE Arrested Charged with Felony Possession

Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris arrested for felony possession of marijuana

by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Mar 8, 2017, 8:24am CST

A reader tipped us off that Kansas City Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris was arrested on Tuesday afternoon for felony possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Indeed a spokesperson for the Missouri Highway Patrol confirmed he was arrested in Bates County, Missouri, which is south of Kansas City.
    Sgt. Bill Lowe of the Missouri Highway Patrol told me that Harris was a passenger in the car that was pulled over for a traffic stop. It becomes a felony when it’s over 35 grams. The sergeant told me he was cooperative.
    It’s obviously disappointing news to get arrested and news that the Chiefs won’t like to hear. The Chiefs front office is busy as it is dealing with the start of free agency on Thursday afternoon.
    Harris is one year into his three-year contract extension signed last year. I have no idea how the Chiefs will respond but I’m not sure the Chiefs have a tight end on the roster ready to replace him as the No. 2.
    What this means for the Chiefs on the field is that Harris is likely subject to a suspension from the league.

Dumb. Scratch four games off of Harris's nfl stats. Guess that explains the drops.

I just don't understand these people. I've nothing against pot. But if you have a career that pays over $1 million per year that could get wrecked by smoking, eating or possessing the stuff then JUST DON'T DO IT. If it is your preferred form of recreation then no problem. Wait for the off-season, rent yourself a place in Colorado, Washington DC or some other place where the stuff is legal and party all you want until 45 days before the first day you would be eligible for a drug test then stop until next off-season. Don't these players have any common sense?

Wouldn't be surprised if they released him for this, could be in the market for a TE in the draft now. I hope it's David Njoku from Florida State

Well harris hasmt dine much anyways. Im sure we can go younger amd cheaper and get the same out of the next guy.

I just don't know why the NFL players can't keep themselves in line unless they are tired of making a lot of easy money at the cost of their bodies. You can only have 1 oz in your possession in CO and 35 grams is equal 1 1/4 oz, so it would have been illegal in Co also.

dumb ***
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I just don't know why the NFL players can't keep themselves in line unless they are tired of making a lot of easy money at the cost of their bodies. You can only have 1 oz in your possession in CO and 35 grams is equal 1 1/4 oz, so it would have been illegal in Co also.
    Well said N TX. It amazes me as well. Wait until you retire & go nuts if you want to. Us working stiffs put money away & it won't even come close to what some make in a year.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

I am surprised he didn't drop it and just act like it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am surprised he didn't drop it and just act like it never happened.
    LOL Don't think that Goodell will drop the ball when it cones to a suspension though.

Hope this serves as a wakeup call and that he grows up and goes back to making money instead of making the drug dealer rich.