Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the biggest need foe the chiefs?

Default What's the biggest need foe the chiefs?

We are getting our guard back i forget his name but also bailey,howard, DJ back frim injuries. Houston will be full healthy. Ford on the other side and hali as a breather. We signed ldt to a 5 year extension. So we might be set at oline.

Lt fisher
    Lg ehinger
    C morse
    Rg ldt
    Rt Swartz
    Te kelce and i think ross will be improved.
    Harris will be cut.
    Wr maclin,
    Wr conley, hill, dat
    Rb ware ,west, spiller
    Qb smith, bray

Le bailey, jones
    Nt ? Jones is not a NT
    Re howard
    Olb houston
    Ilb dj, alexamder
    Ilb Wilson , march
    Olb Ford, hali
    Cb Peters, white
    Cb gaines, mitchell
    Ss parker, Sorenson
    Fs berry, Murray

Thats just the main players. We have some depth on oline amd dline except NT.

I woukd say our biggest needs is a true NT and a #2 cb. Gaines is not the answer. Mitchell ended up being tje starter amd holding it down but dont know if he's a long term answer.

My needs would be NT ,cb, rb, ilb, and upgrade at guard at the depth positions.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think QB is a big need at this point

Alex will probably be the starter this season and that's fine. But at this point we have to wonder if he has taken us as far as he can. That combined with his age they better start getting ready for the next QB. Alex is closer to the end of his career then the beginning his days are numbered father time is undefeated
    Next year think will be the year KC goes after it's QBOTF, mainly because of what Dorsey stated about the 2017 QB draft class and what Clark Hunt has stated about Alex being the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Next year think will be the year KC goes after it's QBOTF, mainly because of what Dorsey stated about the 2017 QB draft class and what Clark Hunt has stated about Alex being the starter.
    I wouldnt be upset if one of the top wb falls in the draft and we draft one with our 1st pick like maybe the watson guy. Id rather pick one snd let them sit snd learn for a year or two instead of hsving to play them right away. But only if they fall. Don't trade up.

Someone in the Chiefs office has said they are in a prime position to trade back also and pick up a few more picks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Someone in the Chiefs office has said they are in a prime position to trade back also and pick up a few more picks
    If anything i think we might trade up. Dont we already have like 10 picks? We wont be able to keep all the players picked so ot might be a waste to trade back just to get more picks if we cant keep the players already unless you trade back and pick up picks in next years draft. I think we have enough for this year.

Maybe

Wouldn't be shocked to see them make a move this year still. Dorsey and Clark would say those things no matter what. Alex is currently the starter so until you can make something official it's not a wise idea to say anything otherwise. It might be next year. But I wouldn't be shocked to see them move somehow on this during this offseason
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Is their really a QB in this draft who has a high likelihood of becoming a top tier starting QB? I don't see one but then I don't follow the college game so I don't know ship.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Is their really a QB in this draft who has a high likelihood of becoming a top tier starting QB? I don't see one but then I don't follow the college game so I don't know ship.

Im not sure either but if they are a for sure a qbotf then they wouldnt fall to the end of the 1st round. So unless we plan to pick in the top 5 next year then we have to pick a qb who can sit and learn.

Maybe

Wouldn't be shocked to see them make a move this year still. Dorsey and Clark would say those things no matter what. Alex is currently the starter so until you can make something official it's not a wise idea to say anything otherwise. It might be next year. But I wouldn't be shocked to see them move somehow on this during this offseason
    Dorsey yes; Reid yes; Clark, no. Just not his MO.

With that being said, yes I think they'll do something at QB to fill out the roster, but nothing that will be out of line from what Dorsey's done in the past.

Dorsey yes; Reid yes; Clark, no. Just not his MO.

With that being said, yes I think they'll do something at QB to fill out the roster, but nothing that will be out of line from what Dorsey's done in the past.
    About Clark I don't think he really said all that much when you really look at it
    “I would just reiterate what Andy has said several times throughout the offseason, which is he’s very happy with Alex and Alex is going to be our starter going into 2017,” Hunt said.

I think Clark is smart enough not to say any different then what his head coach and gm have publicly said. I think sometimes people make to much out of public statements this time of year. Teams have said a bunch of things that just didn't end up being what happened.

I do think Alex will be the starter but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they draft a QB early this year and start getting him ready to take over. IMO they really need to get started on this
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

About Clark I don't think he really said all that much when you really look at it
    “I would just reiterate what Andy has said several times throughout the offseason, which is he’s very happy with Alex and Alex is going to be our starter going into 2017,” Hunt said.

I think Clark is smart enough not to say any different then what his head coach and gm have publicly said. I think sometimes people make to much out of public statements this time of year. Teams have said a bunch of things that just didn't end up being what happened.

I do think Alex will be the starter but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they draft a QB early this year and start getting him ready to take over. IMO they really need to get started on this
    I agree. No one is going to completely show their hand trough the media. Instead they may use the media to screen their true intentions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast