Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raiders move to Vegas

Default Raiders move to Vegas

NFL owners voted 31-1 for the move

The Raiders are leaving Oakland again, this time for the neon lights of Las Vegas.

In a decision that would have been hard to fathom not so long ago, NFL owners voted 31-1 on Monday at the Annual League Meeting to approve the Raiders' proposal to relocate to Las Vegas.

source

they'll need cheerleaders

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Doesn't matter if we hate the Raiders or not can we all just take a minute to mourn the death of another historic football City. Al Davis has to be turning over in his grave
    Just remember....the Raiders left Oakland once before--and without permission from the NFL IIRC. They were in Los Angeles for something like 13 years. Wouldn't be surprised at all if you lived to see them move back to Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    wonder what kind of fans in Vegas ??
    Just speculation on my part but I'll toss in my $0.02. Vegas is not that far from Oakland. Under 600 miles I believe and not much further than San Diego where Raider fans have been known to turn out in large numbers. So I suspect we'll see plenty of the usual Raider thug-types. But Vegas lives and dies by tourism so I suspect we'll see a lot of folks going to Vegas as a long weekend vacation to watch an NFL game and do some gambling. I also suspect Raiders games will bring in a lot of fans of the team they are playing on any given week. In addition I suspect that Vegas authorities will make a big effort to keep thug-like activity to a minimum. Lots of thug-like activity would be bad for business and we all know that in Vegas IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

I bet this has a negative affect on rookies and younger players being tossed in las vegas with new cintracts with money to spend. I doubt this would be the last place a coach wznts to coach for with having to deal with off field stuff ans behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Just remember....the Raiders left Oakland once before--and without permission from the NFL IIRC. They were in Los Angeles for something like 13 years. Wouldn't be surprised at all if you lived to see them move back to Oakland.
    Not when the city of Las Vegas builds them a 1.5 billion stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I bet this has a negative affect on rookies and younger players being tossed in las vegas with new cintracts with money to spend. I doubt this would be the last place a coach wznts to coach for with having to deal with off field stuff ans behavior.
    Pretty safe bet that the Vegas Raiders would not be a good place for "Johnny Football"! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Good point. From the pics earlier in the thread they are going to have a VERY NICE stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Pretty safe bet that the Vegas Raiders would not be a good place for "Johnny Football"! LOL!
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    It's the Raiders front office we're talking about, though. They'll find a way to screw that up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It's the Raiders front office we're talking about, though. They'll find a way to screw that up, too.
    Mark Davis is not his dad. I heard he drives a beat up Mini Van. My point in that, is that it seems like he I much more laid back, and not as hands on as his father. I think is letting people who know what there doing run things.

I also heard Oakland is not interested in obtaining Oakland in 2018. So they are looking for a temporary tenant until their stadium is built. They may actually move to San Antonio, TX for one year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast