Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Day Thread

Default 2017 Draft Day Thread

Well here we are my friends the big day is here, let's hope we get some good players

What say you??

Welcome to day 2 boys and girls some mighty fine talent fell into these rounds, let's go after some more keep the aggression up

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    For me, I've got a good feeling about the move to get the QB, Mahomes. The cost was high at first glance, but as I said before, they only gave up three draft picks, they didn't give up the farm or any established 1st-rate players.
    KC is not out that much, the first this year was a draft order swap, and we had an extra third, so that leaves next year's first rounder that we're out of.

Guys on the radio said the Chiefs were aggressively trying to move back up to the 1st round. They have another guy they want. Not sure if it was R. Foster or Running Back D. Cook.

Personally, I really love what I have read about ILB Zach Cunningham. He sounds like a DJ 2.0.

They also said, they have confirmed the Chiefs got a couple calls right after the pick to congrat the Chiefs on the pick, but also to give them the finger because that was their guy. The Chief new there was others who wanted him and did what it took to steal him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Guys on the radio said the Chiefs were aggressively trying to move back up to the 1st round. They have another guy they want. Not sure if it was R. Foster or Running Back D. Cook.

Personally, I really love what I have read about ILB Zach Cunningham. He sounds like a DJ 2.0.
    I dont mind them being aggressive on trying to get impact players that can play immediate. Id rather get quality over quanity with gow our team is setup now.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I dont mind them being aggressive on trying to get impact players that can play immediate. Id rather get quality over quanity with gow our team is setup now.
    Unless your the Browns and need quantity over quality

[QUOTE=Seek;333703]Guys on the radio said the Chiefs were aggressively trying to move back up to the 1st round. They have another guy they want. Not sure if it was R. Foster or Running Back D. Cook.

I just want them to get CB Sydney Jones in the 2nd. I would give our 7th, 6's and a comp 5th to gain a 2nd or 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Do you think he will go in second round with his injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    KC is not out that much, the first this year was a draft order swap, and we had an extra third, so that leaves next year's first rounder that we're out of.
    He wasn't cheap, but reflecting on things I don't really think we overpaid to move up 17 slots. Basically we paid a first next year and a third this year to move up from #27 to #10 and I just can't get too upset about that. It's a lot better than some suggestions I had seen suggesting giving a round 1 and round 2 in 2018 plus a couple of our comp picks this year. All in all I'd say we didn't overpay to move up 17 slots. As to whether it was a great deal or a crazy move, well I doubt we'll find out until at least 2019. Many have said since 2013 that Reid was a "QB Whisperer"....we're going to find out.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 04-28-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

I'd love to see them do something to move up in the 2cond and 3rd round. I still want to see us get our Defense some help.