Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Day Thread

Default 2017 Draft Day Thread

Well here we are my friends the big day is here, let's hope we get some good players

What say you??

Cardinals pick LB Haason Reddick Temple

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You know that Dorsey/Reid really did their homework on Mahomes to make this move & they knew that in order to get him, they had to move up.
    Most certainly. We certainly inspected all the QBs in this draft with a proctoscope so there is no doubt they knew what they wanted, held their breath for the first few rounds and then moved like an angry rattlesnake when they got the chance to get what they wanted and I sure won't second-guess them. Gotta say I am surprised though.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Glad we went with Mahomes rather than Watson. Didn't like his attitude.

Again Houston's move makes our move look cheap when you consider what they gave up for Osweiller and now a year later for Watson. Houston has screwed the pooch.
    I just watched some footage of Mahomes, and he has got an absolute ROCKET-LAUNCHER for an arm. We talked about it before, that if the Chiefs were going to go after a QB, that now was the time. And at least the Chiefs didn't give up an established STAR player to go up to get him (like the Browns did back in 1970 with the Paul Warfield trade), they simply gave up a 3rd rounder this year and and their 1st rounder next year.

Eagles pick DE Derek Barnett Tennessee

Colts Pick Safety Malik Hooker Ohio State

Sorry I'm running late...

C4L, m/c - Hat's off to you guys for calling it right.

Now let's get some D give Sutton some weapons to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I just watched some footage of Mahomes, and he has got an absolute ROCKET-LAUNCHER for an arm. We talked about it before, that if the Chiefs were going to go after a QB, that now was the time. And at least the Chiefs didn't give up an established STAR player to go up to get him (like the Browns did back in 1970 with the Paul Warfield trade), they simply gave up a 3rd rounder this year and and their 1st rounder next year.
    I agree that he was the best fit in this draft for the Chiefs. He has the raw material and I think he's come to a team that can take that and turn it into a true QBOTF. He has a lot to learn to adjust to the NFL game but I think we've got the staff and QB for him to learn from. One thing is for damned certain....we didn't make a "safe pick" and look for "another Alex Smith. We went for the Home Run. Hope like hell we didn't strike out.

LB Reuben Foster or Kendall Beckwith or Jarrad Davis or Tankarrist McKinley would be awesome

<p>
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Sorry I&#39;m running late... C4L, m/c - Hat&#39;s off to you guys for calling it right. Now let&#39;s get some D give Sutton some weapons to work with!
    100% right on both counts! C4L NAILED IT and now we need to go ALL IN for Defense!</p>

We need a RB too Marlon Mack from Florida State would be good in the middle rounds

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast