Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst chiefs draft ever!!

Thumbs down Worst chiefs draft ever!!

i am sooooo bummed. waisted picks given away and for what. hey i have been wrong a bunch and i really hope this is one of those times but i just don't see it. we move up to get a QB that has a cannon for an arm, throws a nice deep ball but does not read defenses well, makes mental errors, will throw off balance and with poor mechanics often. don't we already have that QB and his name is Tyler Bray. they say mahomes may be 2 to 3 years away from learning to be a starter...so why waist a first round on a QB now, we can get a more pro ready in the next 2 years. we get a DL that is a project ,,,again with a high pick, then move up to get a running back that is not believed to be a feature back. then lets get a WR that will be at [best] be a #2, more likely a #3 or even #4. with all of the picks we had going into this draft we could have addressed areas of need and added depth...neither of which we did. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS DRAFT!!! we are pinning our future on UDFA since we did not do much with our picks.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not just Blackledge. There were high 2nd round picks, Mike Elkins (1989) and Matt Blundin (1992) that also flopped during the CP/Marty era.
    Very true. At that time neither Marty nor CP could develop a QB to save their souls. Marty really didn't improve in that department until he coached in SD (Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers). King Carl never did squat with a drafted QB, always relying on free agency after the Blundin debacle. But I really believe the draft of '83 really stung everyone in the front office of the Chiefs for years into thinking "Never waste a first round pick on a QB..."

Thankfully Dorsey and Reid have a much, much better track record in the QB department.

With all this being said, don't think that we should really get to down on ourselves because of this year's draft picks. Right now we're the only team in the AFC west that has any sort of consistency going. Denver is going to be breaking in a new head coach, The Chargers are getting used to a new stadium, and the Raiders will be trying to focus on football instead of gambling and showgirls. Yes we've got a tough schedule but we've had nothing but tough schedules for the past three years.

I still say 2009 was the worst. Chiefs got nothing but a kicker with the last overall pick from that draft.

TJ was overdrafted & Chris Jones played WAY better last year than TJ ever did in a Chiefs uniform.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123