Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst chiefs draft ever!!

Thumbs down Worst chiefs draft ever!!

i am sooooo bummed. waisted picks given away and for what. hey i have been wrong a bunch and i really hope this is one of those times but i just don't see it. we move up to get a QB that has a cannon for an arm, throws a nice deep ball but does not read defenses well, makes mental errors, will throw off balance and with poor mechanics often. don't we already have that QB and his name is Tyler Bray. they say mahomes may be 2 to 3 years away from learning to be a starter...so why waist a first round on a QB now, we can get a more pro ready in the next 2 years. we get a DL that is a project ,,,again with a high pick, then move up to get a running back that is not believed to be a feature back. then lets get a WR that will be at [best] be a #2, more likely a #3 or even #4. with all of the picks we had going into this draft we could have addressed areas of need and added depth...neither of which we did. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS DRAFT!!! we are pinning our future on UDFA since we did not do much with our picks.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I think your over reacting a bit. 1st i love the qb pick. If we were to gamble eould be this year. We had what 10 picks with really no holes to fill. No way 10 draftees would make this team anyways. I part of me agrees but if we stayed at 27th i font think theres a player that we could have picked that would replace anyone on this tram as the starter anyways. So the impact i font think would have been as nuch snyways. Plus let alex smith smarts and decision making rub off on mahones and let him learn from alex plus i think this will motivate alex smith to let it rip nore and we will see a more aggressive smith. So it goes both ways. Our biggest need is a true NT which i dont think Logan is but i dixnt see a true nt in the draft worth a high pick either.
    Noe the wr we picked i didnt care much but he will replace the overhyped robert wilson. If anything but i dint see either of them making the team. So i wish they would have taken a chance on another lb,oline to groom. There were so many Db's drafted that im not sure what the talent at cb or s would be left cuz thet were so nany picks ss well at wr. So it was an ok draft but not a bad one. It hinges on mahones

Mahomes will be the deciding factor on if this draft was a success or not as Jason said.

I love the rb we got. A lot can be said as to what he's thought to be but the only thing that matters is what he becomes

Relax take a breath and lets see what these kids got. I never get to up or down about a draft anymore. EVERY pick is a gamble every single one. That's what the draft is a bunch of gambles by every team. Some teams will hit and some will miss. Dorsey has done a pretty good job of having more hits then misses for us. I expect that to continue
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Worst draft ever???

Sorry, but that honor goes to Pioli's first draft in 2009 -- HANDS DOWN !!

This is one of our best drafts ever

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think your over reacting a bit. 1st i love the qb pick. If we were to gamble eould be this year. We had what 10 picks with really no holes to fill. No way 10 draftees would make this team anyways. I part of me agrees but if we stayed at 27th i font think theres a player that we could have picked that would replace anyone on this tram as the starter anyways. So the impact i font think would have been as nuch snyways. Plus let alex smith smarts and decision making rub off on mahones and let him learn from alex plus i think this will motivate alex smith to let it rip nore and we will see a more aggressive smith. So it goes both ways. Our biggest need is a true NT which i dont think Logan is but i dixnt see a true nt in the draft worth a high pick either.
    Noe the wr we picked i didnt care much but he will replace the overhyped robert wilson. If anything but i dint see either of them making the team. So i wish they would have taken a chance on another lb,oline to groom. There were so many Db's drafted that im not sure what the talent at cb or s would be left cuz thet were so nany picks ss well at wr. So it was an ok draft but not a bad one. It hinges on mahones

Who do you think won't make the team I guarantee you all of them will

It's refreshing to see us draft a quarterback. We moved up and got picks we wanted. I think we have to take a wait and see attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Who do you think won't make the team I guarantee you all of them will
    Oir last 3 picks will be on tje roster buble. The safety, ilb, and wr. Im not sure if they are any better than what we already have.

He have fopd depth everywhere except at NT, cb. Ilb bit we will get justin march back so im not sure if the ilb is any better than the bdwpth we have already. I like our 1st two picks and thats about it.

pretty sure there were some CP drafs where we got like one sub standard player

WR Chesson should be able to become our #4 displacing the horrible Wilson.

Maclin, Hill, Conley Chesson and Robinson are our 5.

The Safety we picked appears to have the speed to it wouldn't surprise me to see him converted to CB

Kareem Hunt is super quick and should start right away and make a big impact

The ILB is a project but his ceiling is super high, 1-2 off seasons and he should be DJ's replacement and a damn good one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast