Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ummmm wtf chiefs cut maclin

Default Ummmm wtf chiefs cut maclin

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...5-8318d0ccb3c5

Unless they have something in the works goodbye hopes and dreams this season
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well last year conley started out strong then when maclin came back it was like reid never gameplaned to ise him anymore. So im anxious to see what conley can do as #1 all year.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Peters & Morse come to mind when it comes to spending that cash.
    Isn't it a little early to be doing a new contract with Peters? We got him in the first round in 2015 so we have him under contract through 2018 and have a 1 year option for 2019. If he'd sign for cheap I could see giving him a multi-year extension now but I doubt he would sign for anything but pretty big bucks. Morse was also drafted in 2015 but in the 2cond round so we don't have that 2019 option so maybe he'd do a reasonably priced extension.

You were correct earlier what you said 'PRODUCE OR DIE', because seeing what happened to Maclin, guys like Berry, Houston, and Fisher had better do just that. At least Fisher is at the OTA's, but Houston and Berry are not.

Yup! Many times we've seen players get "The Big Payday" and then seemingly decide they don't have to really give it 100% anymore. Not "slacking" but seemingly only doing as much as they absolutely have to. Perhaps part of what went into the Maclin release was to set "an example" to our big money players. Although Maclin has been at OTAs.

Somebody posted that Maclin was caught loafing too many times last year & didn't even run his routes. That will get you an exit stage left.
    IF that is the case then he CERTAINLY needed to go. Can't have big money players setting an example of "get your big contract, get one more big year and then you can take it easy".

Unless they bring in a real talent to counter this move, I can't see this as making us a better team for 2017. Maclin wasn't likely to match production vs cost, but no, I can't say at this time that I like the decision to axe him.

Kelce says they feel kinda down at camp right now because of Maclins release

Travis Kelce says Jeremy Maclin’s release ripped his heart out, compares it to another Chiefs cut

by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Jun 6, 2017, 9:29am CDT

Jeremy Maclin was one of the Kansas City Chiefs team leaders so his release will be felt for a while. Andy Reid will speak to the media today and I’m sure he’ll be asked about it. Alex Smith said he was shocked by the move. Travis Kelce spoke to 810 WHB’s Soren Petro on Monday and said it ripped his heart out.

“It ripped my heart out,” Kelce said. “Just about everybody on the team the same way. I don’t want to get into whether we should’ve done something this way or that way. That’s out of our hands. That’s the organization at that point making decisions. You just have to roll with the punches.”
    Kelce admitted that it seems “a little down” right now.
    “Right now, it kinda seems a little down knowing one of the leaders, one of the best players on our team is no longer with us,” Kelce continued. “Just gotta keep coming on. I don’t want to get too in depth with it because I haven’t really had a chance to talk to Maclin about it. I wanted to let all this die down before I gave the guy a call. It’s a tough position for all of us and puts you on notice that even the best guys on the team their jobs are on notice. That’s just the nature of the business.”

Okay, now that the sky has fallen and we are all dead. Has everyone looked at how much he helped this team last year and then look at what we have and really think this was a bad thing given his salary?

Chris Conley's stats are very similar to Macklin with exception to TD's and less attempts.

T Hill lead the team among receiver with 68 receptions for close 600 yards.

Our leading receiver is Travie Kelce.

Albert Wilson, a no body with no salary was just a productive given the lower amount of attempts.

Then we still have two young receivers with D. Robinson and Jeyu Chesson who athletically rank high for their position in what the can bring to the table.

And I then the is the gimmick player DAT who could be a problem with T. Hill also on the field.

Prior to Maclin being cut, there wasn't much good to say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Okay, now that the sky has fallen and we are all dead. Has everyone looked at how much he helped this team last year and then look at what we have and really think this was a bad thing given his salary?

Chris Conley's stats are very similar to Macklin with exception to TD's and less attempts.

T Hill lead the team among receiver with 68 receptions for close 600 yards.

Our leading receiver is Travie Kelce.

Albert Wilson, a no body with no salary was just a productive given the lower amount of attempts.

Then we still have two young receivers with D. Robinson and Jeyu Chesson who athletically rank high for their position in what the can bring to the table.

And I then the is the gimmick player DAT who could be a problem with T. Hill also on the field.

Prior to Maclin being cut, there wasn't much good to say about him.
    Yes....Maclin had a bad year in 2016. Missed (I believe) 4 games and IMO never really came back from the injury. But he did VERY well in 2015 though he was injured and at less than 50% for the Patriots game. I'm sad to see him go for what really amounts to cap squeeze and one tough season. But that's the salary cap NFL. Very little room for "sentimentality". I don't like his release but I just have to trust that Reid and Dorsey know what they are doing. And for 4 years now they've given me no reason to doubt that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123