Thread: WR catches Reid's eye

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 0

Default WR catches Reid's eye

0 Not allowed!
    Chiefs’ Andy Reid highlights another young receiver who has caught his eye94by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Jun 16, 2017, 9:10am CDT TWEET SHARE PIN RECI remember the name Seantavius Jones from training camp. He was signed by the Chiefs before camp last year and from what I remember seeing in St. Joe he flashed a few times. Not enough for me to think he would make the 53-man roster but enough that I remembered to keep an eye on him.Andy Reid has apparently taken notice of him, too. A couple weeks ago Reid highlighted Demarcus Robinson as one of the young receivers who has done a nice job this offseason. That’s a big compliment in Big Red’s world.At the close of Thursday’s mandatory minicamp, Reid was asked about any other young receivers that have caught his eye.“Yes, I would say 81 (Jones) has done a nice job,” Reid said via quotes from the Chiefs. “I know him by ‘Stretch’. You guys know him by his real name. He’s done a nice job. He’s had a chance to work in there, in the rotation, and do some things. He’s a big kid that can run, pretty good hands. But again, he hasn’t played, hasn’t played yet. So, we have to see how he does in camp.”He’s 6’3 and 200 pounds. He’s got nice size to go up and get the ball. I’ll try to find a few clips I had of him at camp last year where he made some nice catches in the end zone.I have no idea where you find room on the roster but it’s certainly possible. Things will change after camp but right now Chris Conley, Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson and Jehu Chesson look like good bets to make it at receiver. Add in De’Anthony Thomas and Albert Wilson to that mix, too. There could be a roster spot to be had.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!
    I would say reid is really gping out on a limb here. To cut maclin he must really beleave in conley and hill. Its a big risk to go with less unknowns then a sure thing in maclin. I think he sees alot in cobley and hill.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 858
    Given: 1,998

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I would say reid is really gping out on a limb here. To cut maclin he must really beleave in conley and hill. Its a big risk to go with less unknowns then a sure thing in maclin. I think he sees alot in cobley and hill.
    You are EXACTLY RIGHT jason.....BIG RISK. This entire off-season has been one HUGE RISK. We spent 2 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick (FAR MORE than we paid for Alex) to get Mahomes....a QB that I don't think anyone expects to see start until AT LEAST 2018. We released JC, Maclin and Poe. More risk. We traded up in 2 more draft rounds. MORE RISK. Reid and Dorsey have mortgaged the house and gone to Vegas with the money. And I fully expect we are not going to have as good a season as we've come to expect since Reid/Dorsey came to town. And I'm OK with that. The way I see it they are building a whole new Chiefs team (much as we expected after the 2012 fiasco but didn't happen). I don't know if their risks will work. So many. All at once. But this "tear it apart and rebuild it" HAD TO HAPPEN. The Chiefs are becoming younger (which means cheaper) and high $$$ veterans all now know that no player's job is safe if he doesn't PRODUCE. Houston and perhaps EB come to mind. Hali will be asked to retire at the end of this year. DJ is coming off injury and he's not young anymore. If he isn't 100% this coming season he'll be gone too. We are going to see a whole new and less expensive Chiefs team for the next 4-6 years. I think 2017 may be a disappointmnet. And I think Reid and Dorsey have taken that risk deliberately in an effort to bring the Chiefs from being a "playoff contender" to being a "Super Bowl contender" I'm not so sure about this season but I feel really good about 2018 and beyond.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!
    I think we win the division this year at 11-5

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I surely hope you are right!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I say thats 50/50. Depends if risks pay off. Im not down on any of our moves. Iv always liked conley amd if he can match maclins stats then thats one more year of experience under his belt and we will see if hes any good for a while year. Want to find out what we actually have. Difference between potentially and reality

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I say thats 50/50. Depends if risks pay off. Im not down on any of our moves. Iv always liked conley amd if he can match maclins stats then thats one more year of experience under his belt and we will see if hes any good for a while year. Want to find out what we actually have. Difference between potentially and reality
    JUST SO! Dorsey/Reid took over the team in 2013 and with little change other than coaching, GM and QB made a truly broken Chiefs team respectable again. 2018 is going to honestly be the 1st year that this will be an almost completely Dorsey/Reid team. I'm worried a bit about 2017 but I'm really excited to see what 2018 and beyond will be.