Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs fire John Dorsey

Default Chiefs fire John Dorsey

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...m-john-dorsey/

Chiefs fire G.M. John Dorsey

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 22, 2017, 4:15 PM EDT
    ADVANCE FOR WEEKEND EDITIONS, MARCH 9-10 – FILE – In this Jan. 14, 2013, file photo, Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey, left, poses with head coach Andy Reid during an NFL football news conference announcing Dorsey’s hiring in Kansas City, Mo. The new group in charge of the Chiefs is going right to work, making bold moves to turn around a franchise that went 2-14 last season. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel, File)"
    AP
    In a surprise announcement at what is ordinarily the slowest time of the year in the NFL, the Chiefs have fired General Manager John Dorsey.
    The Chiefs issued a statement saying Dorsey is out.
    “I notified John that we would not be extending his contract beyond the 2017 season, and after consideration, we felt it was in his best interests and the best interests of the team to part ways now,” owner Clark Hunt said in a statement.
    That announcement came about half an hour after the Chiefs announced that head coach Andy Reid has signed a contract extension. That will obviously lead to speculation that perhaps Dorsey and Reid weren’t on the same page, and that Reid won a power struggle within the organization. Dorsey recently made the surprising decision to cut an old favorite of Reid’s, Jeremy Maclin.
    Dorsey is the third G.M. to be fired this offseason.

Last edited by Eydugstr; 06-22-2017 at 04:28 PM.

WHAT THE HELL UGH I'm not happy with a lot of this offseason
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

No words. We were going into this season being the only stable organization in the AFC West and now we've managed to screw that up, too.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I sure hope that they have a good GM candidate in line to take his place & soon. Reid cannot do BOTH jobs. That was already proven in Philly. This has REALLY turned this entire off-season completely UPSIDE-DOWN. I'm wondering if the Maclin release had anything to do with this.

Granted, not all of the moves by Dorsey during his time in KC were good ones, but at least he helped bring respectability back to KC.

This could get VERY UGLY !!

I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open. Somebody please tell me that I'm confused and that today is April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open. Somebody please tell me that I'm confused and that today is April 1st.
    I wish I could, but this is no April Fool's joke. This is for real. We can only hope for a worthy successor.

Reid is getting an extension and will not take over the GM job, chiefs looking for a new gm

I've been unpleasantly surprised by some oves by the Chiefs over the years but I can't remember every being as shocked as I am right now. Although that Christmas Day game in '71 is probably close.

My only criticism of Dorsey has been that he's not done a great job managing the cap. But since he had never been a GM before and so was doing OJT at cap management I figured he would figure that part of the job out.

I can only surmise that our cap situation is much worse than we know and that is what has led to this shocking move.

Reid had a heavy hand in personnel during his prior stop in Philadelphia and might take on a larger role in Kansas City.. maybe??
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I wish I could, but this is no April Fool's joke. This is for real. We can only hope for a worthy successor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Reid is getting an extension and will not take over the GM job, chiefs looking for a new gm
    Reid is a guy that always wants "his guys" on the staff so I suspect he will pretty much get to hand-pick the new GM. It is no coincidence that Reid gets an extension and Dorsey gets fired on the same day. I just hope like hell that Reid isn't thinking about being Head Coach and GM again. I adore Reid as HC but HC and GM is simply too big a job for one man.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast