Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brett Veach it is.....

Haha i Knew it

Fingers crossed that he maintains Dorsey's eye for talent and bringing solid players to the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Fingers crossed that he maintains Dorsey's eye for talent and bringing solid players to the Chiefs.
    Exactly so Demps!

I have 3 big concerns about Veach.... 1) Does he have Dorsey's eye for talent? Because let's face it Dorsey brought in some GREAT players. And that was supposed to be what he was good at. And he was. 2) Does he know anything about cap management? 3) From what I've read Veach is another of "Reid's Guys" and I worry that this is Reid trying to expand his control while still "officially" only being responsible for coaching. Reid is a GREAT HC but HC and GM is too much for him.

I guess I have to get out my google button and try to do some serious research about this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Haha i Knew it
    You do have quite a talent for making accurate predictions!

I found the following on Yahoo Sports.

"He went on to play at Delaware, where he also served as a graduate assistant on the football team, impressing nearly everyone he interacted with. Veach was recommended for a training camp internship with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he came to meet and impress Reid.So much so that more than two years after the internship ended, Reid called Veach and offered him a job as his coaching assistant, which he did from 2007-09.
    According to the Star story, in 2008 Reid tasked Veach with finding the best receiver the Eagles could draft in the second round. Veach’s pick: DeSean Jackson.
    When Reid moved to Kansas City in 2013, Veach was among those that he brought with him."

My first thought is GOD THIS GUY IS YOUNG! He's 39! My next thought is Reid gave him his first job in the NFL. Veach has never worked for anybody except Reid. Veach is not our GM. He has the title but he's taking his orders from Reid. This does not make me feel real good. I'd rather Reid stuck to coaching which is what he's really good at.

I'll see if I can find anything more but since he is so young there really isn't much out there on him. His resume basically amounts to the following as far as I can tell. If anybody knows anything more or if I got anything wrong please speak up.

1) Training camp intern with the Eagles in 2004-2006 with Reid.

2) Assistant Coach to Reid in 2007-2013. Considered one of the Eagles keenest scouts. That's encouraging.

3) 2013....Came to KC with Reid.

The more I found out about this guy the more worried I am. Like Dorsey he has scouting experience (though less of it) and also like Dorsey he appears to have ZERO cap experience. All in all, I believe that Reid now has pretty much complete control even it some of that control is by remote control. Reid is doing what he did in Philly.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-11-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Haha i Knew it

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Spot on. Hopefully we didn't trade a good GM for a "yes man".

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Since all of Veach's employment in the NFL appears to have been working as a Reid "protege" I fear that we may have. IMO Reid now has pretty much complete control of the team.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-11-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

BINGO. That thought had crossed my mind.

If that is the case, it won't work. History has proven this.

Hopefully this doesnt backfire on us, Veach is a high reward and high risk guy. I hope it doesnt go badly cause then it will set us back another 20 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast