Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick as a coach in training.

Default Michael Vick as a coach in training.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aching-intern/

Well....I guess we really know who is running the team now. Top to bottom. Big Red now has pretty much complete control of our Chiefs. Veach is no more than a figurehead.

I dunno how to feel about that other than worried. But then when you are entering your 50th year as a Chiefs fan worrying comes naturally.

As to Michael Vick as a "coaching intern". Let me say first that my best friend is my dog "General Lee". A Brittany and a bird-hunting machine. So I HATE what Vick did. But y'know, looking back on 60 years (yeah, I'm older than Reid) I can say that while I am generally proud of the way I've lived my life there are some things I've done where I sincerely wish I could have a "do-over". I think that is the nature of life. And I can truly say that had I ever been in Vick's shoes back when he was at the top of his game I'd probably have more regrets than I do today. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Many Chiefs fans will be in a RAGE about Reid giving Vick a chance at coaching. Yeah...I "get it". I ain't stupid. But we gave Tyreek Hill a "second chance". And I am OK with that even though I HATE what he did. So I am OK with Reid giving Vick a chance at coaching. Our Chiefs have what may become our first ever "home grown best of the best" QB. Vick was once considered as a contender for a truly great QB. But Mahomes is raw. VERY RAW. Mahomes needs someone to really train him up to be an NFL QB. Who better than Vick? Reid is now running the whole team. Reid doesn't have the time to devote to Mahomes. Mahomes needs someone to give him 24/7 attention to make him a truly great NFL QB. So yeah....I'm OK with this. I'd like to see our Chiefs win another Super Bowl before I die and if the price for that is hiring people like Tyreek Hill and Michael Vick then I can live with it....because when I go to sleep at night I still wish I could have a couple of "do-overs". I'm glad Tyreek Hill got one and I'm glad Reid is giving Michael Vick one. And if anyone hates me for that...I understand. When I was younger I thought there was such a thing as "absolutes". But looking back on my life I'm not so sure anymore.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.

This off season sucks Vick is a bum.

No No No. I don't want him in our town, I don't want him near our team. Case closed.

That being said, the say Bid Red is not so Big Red anymore. Lost a lot of weight this off season.

ctchiefsfan,

You make many good germane points that I'll add on to. I do NOT in any way shape or form condone what Vick did, and hope he came to his senses and slapped himself upside of his own head and said to himself "What was I thinking?" -- and will make it a personal resolution to NEVER engage in any such type of activity again. Reid brought in Vick to help mentor Mahomes, and that is understandable, because they need to exercise any and all resources possible to help Mahomes become successful, because if Mahomes fails, the Chiefs could very well be going back to the abyss.

I've already seen Chiefs fans say they will boycott the Chiefs because of this. Not so fast. Let us take a look at the criminal activity going on with Terrell Davis being inducted in the HOF (while the Chiefs great WR Otis Taylor and great FS Johnny Robinson are still on the outside looking in). Here was a guy (Davis) that was only relevant for 4 years, and was a HUGE beneficiary of his O-Line getting away with massive holding, illegal chop-blocks, and even wearing grease on their jerseys during those 4 years that he was relevant. Everybody saw what happened in 1999 when Davis' O-Line was made to play under the same rules as everybody else -- Davis got the living hell beaten out of him & didn't last through 4 games and his career was essentially over. Not to mention, Davis was a willing and active participant of the Donkeys cheating the salary cap during those years (as was Turd Elway).

Vick had to pay for his crimes, while Davis and Turd Elway are still benefiting from theirs.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 07-26-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ctchiefsfan,

You make many good germane points that I'll add on to. I do NOT in any way shape or form condone what Vick did, and hope he came to his senses and slapped himself upside of his own head and said to himself "What was I thinking?" -- and will make it a personal resolution to NEVER engage in any such type of activity again. Reid brought in Vick to help mentor Mahomes, and that is understandable, because they need to exercise any and all resources possible to help Mahomes become successful, because if Mahomes fails, the Chiefs could very well be going back to the abyss.

I've already seen Chiefs fans say they will boycott the Chiefs because of this. Not so fast. Let us take a look at the criminal activity going on with Terrell Davis being inducted in the HOF (while the Chiefs great WR Otis Taylor and great FS Johnny Robinson are still on the outside looking in). Here was a guy (Davis) that was only relevant for 4 years, and was a HUGE beneficiary of his O-Line getting away with massive holding, illegal chop-blocks, and even wearing grease on their jerseys during those 4 years that he was relevant. Everybody saw what happened in 1999 when Davis' O-Line was made to play under the same rules as everybody else -- Davis got the living hell beaten out of him & didn't last through 4 games and his career was essentially over. Not to mention, Davis was a willing and active participant of the Donkeys cheating the salary cap during those years (as was Turd Elway).

Vick had to pay for his crimes, while Davis and Turd Elway are still benefiting from theirs.
    How is cheating in the NFL anything close to tying weights around a dogs neck and throwing them in a pool. I don't care if he paid for his crimes, mandated by some court where a lawyer got him the best deal.

Plus I could care less what Davis or any of those players do going forward. They are not Chiefs and have no employment with a team I support, and my kids support.

Vick should have bee drowned to almost near death for every dog he killed so he could feel their pain as they died, then sent to jail and never been allowed back in the NFL.

I love dogs if you cant tell. I want nothing to do with this man. Go find someone better to coach Mahommes.

Thanks Demps! I knew this hiring would stir up a hornets nest so I tried to really think about it rather than simply react because my knee-jerk reactions often prove to not be very smart. I despise what Vick did (like I said, my best friend is my dog) but ultimately the American Criminal Justice System decided the penalty he would pay for his actions. That is the way the system works. You do the crime. You do the time. Vick did the time. Vick didn't release himself early from prison (18 months instead of 24) for good behavior, the courts did. Vick didn't reinstate himself to the NFL after his release, Goodell did. Vick didn't decide he had paid his debt to society for his actions. The courts did. Whether I like it or not I accept it. I don't have to like Vick, but I don't have the right to say he shouldn't be able to make a living. In the end all I can really do is hope that he has TRULY LEARNED FROM HIS MISTAKES. If he has, then I wish him a successful career in coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    This off season sucks Vick is a bum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    No No No. I don't want him in our town, I don't want him near our team. Case closed.
    slc chief, Seek.....Please believe me when I say I understand how you feel. I sincerely hope my post did not offend you. As I've gotten older moral absolutes seem murkier than they used to. I "knew everything" when I was younger. Not so much any more. Part of getting "not to young" I guess. If I did offend either of you I apologize and hope you will forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    slc chief, Seek.....Please believe me when I say I understand how you feel. I sincerely hope my post did not offend you. As I've gotten older moral absolutes seem murkier than they used to. I "knew everything" when I was younger. Not so much any more. Part of getting "not to young" I guess. If I did offend either of you I apologize and hope you will forgive me.
    Not offended at all. Other than this A hat being tied to my team.

It is not a move the Chiefs needed to make with all the turmoil going on right now.

The case isn't closed, it is a done deal. Vick is there at the Chiefs camp. Time will tell how this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    It is not a move the Chiefs needed to make with all the turmoil going on right now.
    I hear that. Loud and clear. This has been a chaotic off-season. IMO Reid has pretty much taken over the entire team. Top to bottom. That worries me. It's pretty much what he did in Philly. But like you, I'm a Chiefs fan. And the way I look at it Reid has EARNED the right to enough rope to hang himself. 4 winning seasons. 3 playoff appearances. Finally after 22 years a playoff win. I can only hope that Reid has learned from some of the mistakes he made in Philly. Time will tell. I do sincerely wish he would stick to what he does best....COACHING. But it doesn't look like that is going to happen. If Mahomes turns into a superstar we'll all forget these worries. I hope that Vick plays an important role in making Mahomes into a superstar. I just want to see the Chiefs be successful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast