Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Vick as a coach in training.

Default Michael Vick as a coach in training.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aching-intern/

Well....I guess we really know who is running the team now. Top to bottom. Big Red now has pretty much complete control of our Chiefs. Veach is no more than a figurehead.

I dunno how to feel about that other than worried. But then when you are entering your 50th year as a Chiefs fan worrying comes naturally.

As to Michael Vick as a "coaching intern". Let me say first that my best friend is my dog "General Lee". A Brittany and a bird-hunting machine. So I HATE what Vick did. But y'know, looking back on 60 years (yeah, I'm older than Reid) I can say that while I am generally proud of the way I've lived my life there are some things I've done where I sincerely wish I could have a "do-over". I think that is the nature of life. And I can truly say that had I ever been in Vick's shoes back when he was at the top of his game I'd probably have more regrets than I do today. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Many Chiefs fans will be in a RAGE about Reid giving Vick a chance at coaching. Yeah...I "get it". I ain't stupid. But we gave Tyreek Hill a "second chance". And I am OK with that even though I HATE what he did. So I am OK with Reid giving Vick a chance at coaching. Our Chiefs have what may become our first ever "home grown best of the best" QB. Vick was once considered as a contender for a truly great QB. But Mahomes is raw. VERY RAW. Mahomes needs someone to really train him up to be an NFL QB. Who better than Vick? Reid is now running the whole team. Reid doesn't have the time to devote to Mahomes. Mahomes needs someone to give him 24/7 attention to make him a truly great NFL QB. So yeah....I'm OK with this. I'd like to see our Chiefs win another Super Bowl before I die and if the price for that is hiring people like Tyreek Hill and Michael Vick then I can live with it....because when I go to sleep at night I still wish I could have a couple of "do-overs". I'm glad Tyreek Hill got one and I'm glad Reid is giving Michael Vick one. And if anyone hates me for that...I understand. When I was younger I thought there was such a thing as "absolutes". But looking back on my life I'm not so sure anymore.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Once camp is over, Vick will be out of the picture, as far as anyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The case isn't closed, it is a done deal. Vick is there at the Chiefs camp. Time will tell how this works out.
    Got that right Demps! We paid a LOT to get Mahomes. I'll never like Vick. But if Vick helps make Mahomes into a truly great NFL QB then Vick's past doesn't matter to me one damned bit. I just want the Chiefs to WIN! If hiring Vick helps make that happen then it's the best thing ever. Besides....Mahomes (if he is successful) will be the very first truly "homegrown" great Chiefs QB ever. Not a lot I wouldn't give to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Once camp is over, Vick will be out of the picture, as far as anyone knows.
    Entirely possible. Reid has a reputation for being loyal to "his guys". Vick said he would like to get into coaching. Reid gave Vick what is very much "an entry level job". I won't fault him for that. Produce or die.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    Well....that is certainly a novel outlook on this hiring. Thanks for the smile!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    No way that's a dog. That's a wolf taking his zoo handler for a morning hunt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12