Thread: Something odd....

Default Something odd....

I've seen it written in a number of places that Spencer Ware didn't have a very good year last year. And I kinda felt that was true. But I looked up the stats. He played in 14 games. Had 214 rushing attempts. Gained 921 yards rushing. Averaged 4.3 yards per carry. Averaged 65.78 yards rushing per game. In addition, He caught 33 passes on 42 targets for 447 yards at 13.5 yards per catch. And he got a combined total of 64 1st downs. That's a 1st down every 3.8 times he touched the ball. He had 1 fumble in 247 touches. He had 5 combined TDs. Total all purpose yards were 1,368.

All in all he wasn't the best of the best in the NFL but he had a very respectable year.

Agreed. Those stats aren't bad. When he's healthy, he's a very good back.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I've seen it written in a number of places that Spencer Ware didn't have a very good year last year. And I kinda felt that was true. But I looked up the stats. He played in 14 games. Had 214 rushing attempts. Gained 921 yards rushing. Averaged 4.3 yards per carry. Averaged 65.78 yards rushing per game. In addition, He caught 33 passes on 42 targets for 447 yards at 13.5 yards per catch. And he got a combined total of 64 1st downs. That's a 1st down every 3.8 times he touched the ball. He had 1 fumble in 247 touches. He had 5 combined TDs. Total all purpose yards were 1,368.

All in all he wasn't the best of the best in the NFL but he had a very respectable year.
    If Reid had replaced the doofus sideline passes to DAT with some power sweeps or between tackles run plays...Ware's numbers would've been a lot better.

I think everything was all positive with him until he fumbled a couple games in a rows which kind of got some people turning on him.

I've heard RB roster breaks down like this, Ware #1, Hunt #2, Spiller #3 and West is #4 on the depth chart

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Agreed. Those stats aren't bad. When he's healthy, he's a very good back.
    His stats would also have been better if he had played 16 games (he was out for two). If he had played all 16 games and had gotten his average number of yards (65.785 YPG) in each of the 2 extra games his total yards would have been 1053. Again, not spectacular but good solid numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr;334692[B
    ]If Reid had replaced the doofus sideline passes[/B] to DAT with some power sweeps or between tackles run plays...Ware's numbers would've been a lot better.

THIS Cut them out for anything they do nothing and work like once a year. But we run them a million times every week it's mind blowing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!