The Kansas City Chiefs

vs.
    The San Francisco 49ers

Friday, August 11
    at
    Arrowhead Stadium
    Kansas City, MO
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

To many flags in this one can't win like that needs to be worked on
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I liked what I saw out of the first string; very solid both offensively and defensively. I saw what I needed to see in the first quarter. I liked what I saw out of Mahomes; I think he has great potential upside.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    To many flags in this one can't win like that needs to be worked on
    Absolutely agreed and definitely need to clean that up, but that is what preseason is for; to evaluate new talent and see what needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Absolutely agreed and definitely need to clean that up, but that is what preseason is for; to evaluate new talent and see what needs work.
    Most 1st preseason games have a lot of flags but even for that WOW to many tonight. Good to have the coaches get a night like this when it doesn't count.

Oh and my other take is Mahomes is going to be the backup QB IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

My thoughts, exactly. His poise and pocket presence is light years ahead of Bray's. And tonight, Mahomes did not make critical mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    My thoughts, exactly. His poise and pocket presence is light years ahead of Bray's. And tonight, Mahomes did not make critical mistakes.
    I think bray will be the #2 guy. Bray had one bad throw that got picked. But whats stunning was how bad our #2 &3 olines protection was. Bray with the ones was good. I dont want mahommes to be #2 at all this year. One bag game from alex and yall be screaming for a qb change.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think bray will be the #2 guy. Bray had one bad throw that got picked. But whats stunning was how bad our #2 &3 olines protection was. Bray with the ones was good. I dont want mahommes to be #2 at all this year. One bag game from alex and yall be screaming for a qb change.
    Nay, nobody is going to call for Mahomes to start this year. Although he showed some potential tonight, he needs more time and seasoning. He's just learning his trade. Next year will probably be different.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    THIS. Bray's stats would've been a whole lot better if it hadn't been for an offensive PI call on Conley. Mahomes is clearly the future of the team but right now we need Alex and Bray to step up and get it done, give Mahomes more time to learn the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nay, nobody is going to call for Mahomes to start this year. Although he showed some potential tonight, he needs more time and seasoning. He's just learning his trade. Next year will probably be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    THIS. Bray's stats would've been a whole lot better if it hadn't been for an offensive PI call on Conley. Mahomes is clearly the future of the team but right now we need Alex and Bray to step up and get it done, give Mahomes more time to learn the offense.
    I'm inclined to agree with you both with one small exception....I would like to see both Bray and Mahomes get some regular season reps with the starters when/if the appropriate moment presents itself. Like late in any game where either a win or a loss is already a certainty. Also if late in the season we have any "meaningless" games either because we have already clinched our highest possible playoff spot or (God Forbid) we have already been eliminated from the playoffs. Neither Bray nor Mahomes has ever played a regular season snap so I think if we get any opportunities to give them regular season reps with nothing really on the line I think the experience would be good for them.

Most 1st preseason games have a lot of flags but even for that WOW to many tonight. Good to have the coaches get a night like this when it doesn't count.

I agree; Bray did not perform nearly well enough.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789