Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Fan Base??????

Default Worst Fan Base??????

In a well publicized study, we were ranked the worst fan base in the NFL! WTF? That really ticks me off. Have any of the "researchers" ever been to Arrowhead? What think ye all of this nonsense?

Worst fan base? Does that mean we offend the other 31 team fan-bases more than all others? Well good, let's continue then by all means. That way we can claim a championship of some sort. Just thinking outside the box on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Worst fan base? Does that mean we offend the other 31 team fan-bases more than all others? Well good, let's continue then by all means. That way we can claim a championship of some sort. Just thinking outside the box on this one.

Maybe so. It'd be a nice thing to reflect on someday when we can hear what they're saying (How many decibels does Arrowhead generate again ?!?)

Sorry I forgot to post the link guys. Anyway, being from the NY area, I've been to numerous Jets/Giants games. None have even remotely compared to the games I've been to in KC in terms of energy and volume. And ask any opposing QB in what Stadiums they hate to play. Arrowhead is always high on the list. For a fan base that hasn't seen a Super Bowl in some 47 years, I'd say we are pretty strong.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Sorry I forgot to post the link guys. Anyway, being from the NY area, I've been to numerous Jets/Giants games. None have even remotely compared to the games I've been to in KC in terms of energy and volume. And ask any opposing QB in what Stadiums they hate to play. Arrowhead is always high on the list. For a fan base that hasn't seen a Super Bowl in some 47 years, I'd say we are pretty strong.
    Did you have to remind us how long its been?

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    And ask any opposing QB in what Stadiums they hate to play. Arrowhead is always high on the list.
    Just so. Also ask any Head Coach past or present what stadiums are the 3 toughest to play in and many of them will say Arrowhead.

This "study"--and I use that term very loosely--is just a continuation of the habit of disrespecting teams from less populated states. If it wasn't for the Lombardi years the Packers would get treated as poorly as we do by the media. What all these media morons forget is that if it wasn't for Lamar Hunt and the Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs the NFL wouldn't be a fraction of what it is today. Ask yourself how many football leagues have started and failed the last 40 or so years. A BUNCH. But Lamar Hunt and the people he recruited to start teams had what it took to make the AFL work and to challenge the NFL which had been tried before and had always failed. Lamar Hunt is primarily responsible for making the NFL what it is today. A good argument can be made that the Lombardi Trophy should actually be named the Hunt Trophy.

End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Just so. Also ask any Head Coach past or present what stadiums are the 3 toughest to play in and many of them will say Arrowhead.

This "study"--and I use that term very loosely--is just a continuation of the habit of disrespecting teams from less populated states. If it wasn't for the Lombardi years the Packers would get treated as poorly as we do by the media. What all these media morons forget is that if it wasn't for Lamar Hunt and the Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs the NFL wouldn't be a fraction of what it is today. Ask yourself how many football leagues have started and failed the last 40 or so years. A BUNCH. But Lamar Hunt and the people he recruited to start teams had what it took to make the AFL work and to challenge the NFL which had been tried before and had always failed. Lamar Hunt is primarily responsible for making the NFL what it is today. A good argument can be made that the Lombardi Trophy should actually be named the Hunt Trophy.

End of rant.
    The AFL never should have realigned with the NFL. I didn't like it back then & I still don't like it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The AFL never should have realigned with the NFL. I didn't like it back then & I still don't like it to this day.
    An interesting thought Demps. What would have happened if the AFL and the NFL had never merged? And as you know, it was a group of NFL owners that originally contacted Hunt about a possible merger. The AFL had their own commissioner at the time. Al Davis if I remember right. But the NFL owners didn't approach Davis, they approached Hunt. The AFL was winning the battle between the two leagues or at least was "achieving parity" in the eyes of the public and the TV networks. As for me, I liked the "interim period" when the two leagues were separate but played a championship game between each other. Ultimately though I think that for "business reasons" the two leagues probably had to merge. The separate drafts that generated competition for players that were based mostly on the size of the contracts offered to players was pinching the wallets of both leagues.

But yeah...I miss the AFL days too. I remember being a school kid and being the only kid who supported the AFL. The "cool kids" all supported the NFL. But then, I wasn't "cool" back then and I'm not today. I kind of like being "different". Hell....I lived in the DC area for 22 years. I was supposed to be a Redskins fan. I wasn't. I was a Chiefs fan. Now I live in Ct. I'm supposed to be a Patriots, Jets or Giants fan. I'm not. I'm a Chiefs fan. And after 49 years as a Chiefs fan I guess I will die a Chiefs fan. If Reid can do what Stram did I'll die a very happy Chiefs fan. All I really want is a few more AFC Championship appearances and one more Super Bowl win.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    An interesting thought Demps. What would have happened if the AFL and the NFL had never merged? And as you know, it was a group of NFL owners that originally contacted Hunt about a possible merger. The AFL had their own commissioner at the time. Al Davis if I remember right. But the NFL owners didn't approach Davis, they approached Hunt. The AFL was winning the battle between the two leagues or at least was "achieving parity" in the eyes of the public and the TV networks. As for me, I liked the "interim period" when the two leagues were separate but played a championship game between each other. Ultimately though I think that for "business reasons" the two leagues probably had to merge. The separate drafts that generated competition for players that were based mostly on the size of the contracts offered to players was pinching the wallets of both leagues.

But yeah...I miss the AFL days too. I remember being a school kid and being the only kid who supported the AFL. The "cool kids" all supported the NFL. But then, I wasn't "cool" back then and I'm not today. I kind of like being "different". Hell....I lived in the DC area for 22 years. I was supposed to be a Redskins fan. I wasn't. I was a Chiefs fan. Now I live in Ct. I'm supposed to be a Patriots, Jets or Giants fan. I'm not. I'm a Chiefs fan. And after 49 years as a Chiefs fan I guess I will die a Chiefs fan. If Reid can do what Stram did I'll die a very happy Chiefs fan. All I really want is a few more AFC Championship appearances and one more Super Bowl win.
    The merger was a good thing (common draft starting in 1967), but the realignment of the two leagues was not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12