Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huard's stats proves that he need to go

Default Huard's stats proves that he need to go

19 for 32, 213 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

For the season-

8 TD, 9 INT

Pathetic. I can't see any reason why they won't throw Croyle in now. I would be shocked if they didn't.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Throwing more INT's than TD's is not the O line's fault. That little gem is placed squarely on Huard's bad decision making. Nothing more, nothing less. He can't run worth a damn and throws bad passes that get intercepted. Mark my words, "Croyle starts next week after Huard's dismal perforance." Crotle has been taking 40% of the first team practice snaps for a reason. The time has come.
    I was surprised that Croyle didn't come in during this game, but I am thinking Herm was thinking with it so close we cant afford to throw int's and still thought Huard would make good decisions, something he has shown he doesn't do this year.

I think most everyone would consider Brett Favre a great QB, Here are some stats to back up your throwing more Ints then TDs line.

This year GB is having a great year, Brett Favre has 13 TDs and 8 Ints. Last year they were not good, Brett Favre threw 18 TDs but also 18 Ints, Lifetime Brett Favre has the record for Int's now at 281 Ints but during that same time he has thrown 471 TD passes. Throwing Int's is not good but one of the best Quarterbacks of all time has the record for the most, You have to take the good with the bad at times, but for your team to be good your good has to be better then your bad.

BTW 1996 Green Bay won the Super Bowl Brett Favre 39 TDs 13 Ints,
    1997 Green Bay back to the Super Bowl Brett Favre 35 TDs and 16 Ints.

This year Damon Huard has thrown 8 TDs and 9 Ints.

And for the but we are first in the division, I submit that yes we are but with this record,
    Standings if we were in other divisions.

2nd (Tied) AFC East (behind NE but then who isn't)
    4th AFC North only above the Bengals.
    4th AFC South only above the Texans (who would win the tie breaker if need be with us)

NFC (Weaker Division by most thinking)
    4th NFC East above only the Eagles
    3rd NFC North above both Viqueens and Bears
    2nd (tied)NFC South Behind the Bucs but tied with Panthers and Saints
    1st (tied) NFC West Wow one other division we could compete in, and this division is made up of The Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers (sorry rbedgood) and Rams

Some here are going to say that it is the O-Lines fault that Huard threw picks because the O-Line didn't give him time to throw, but is he were more mobile and had better vision we likely would not be in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post

I think most everyone would consider Brett Favre a great QB, Here are some stats to back up your throwing more Ints then TDs line.

This year GB is having a great year, Brett Favre has 13 TDs and 8 Ints. Last year they were not good, Brett Favre threw 18 TDs but also 18 Ints,
    Ignore me if you want, but is Favre a great quarterback eventhough he threw 18 TDs and 18 Ints, in the same season? From most of your logic, that would make him...Horrid, wouldn't it? Was Farve just that bad, for a limited time, only to re-emerge as a great quarterback again?

Last year, Favre had problems with getting protection. He also had trouble getting any help from his running game.

It seems to me that even a great quarterback, with no running game and poor protection, can have poor numbers. Eventhough he might be a good quarterback.

You bring-up an interesting point there. Kudos.

But Huard is not, never has been and never will be in the same category as Favre, I would have said the same league but I guess he is in the National Football League, so that does put him in the same league as Favre.
    But the opposite can be said, A bad QB can have a good year and go back to being bad, Huard had a good year last year, this year he is back to being a backup caliber player, let go already he is never going to be Green (coming in and being Great late in his career after bouncing around)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Croyle may very well start next week. But yes, interceptions can be caused by O-line. Not so much directly, but they can certainly force a quarterback to rush his throws, by creating a rushed atmosphere for him. Huard has been the entire offense, even with all of the pressure he has been under, both physically, and mentally.

this is not true. quarterbacks are taught to take the sack, or get out of the pocket and throw it out of bounds and worry more about field position rather than taking a chance on a hurry and still throwing.

so even when you are hurried, you are to take the sack or run out of the pocket, then throw it away.

Punting is not always a bad thing. An interception is.

Ignore me if you want, but is Favre a great quarterback eventhough he threw 18 TDs and 18 Ints, in the same season? From most of your logic, that would make him...Horrid, wouldn't it? Was Farve just that bad, for a limited time, only to re-emerge as a great quarterback again?

Last year, Favre had problems with getting protection. He also had trouble getting any help from his running game.

It seems to me that even a great quarterback, with no running game and poor protection, can have poor numbers. Eventhough he might be a good quarterback.

You bring-up an interesting point there. Kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    But Huard is not, never has been and never will be in the same category as Favre, I would have said the same league but I guess he is in the National Football League, so that does put him in the same league as Favre.
    But the opposite can be said, A bad QB can have a good year and go back to being bad, Huard had a good year last year, this year he is back to being a backup caliber player, let go already he is never going to be Green (coming in and being Great late in his career after bouncing around)
    So you don't even see the similarities of Farves offense last season, to Huards offense this season? No running game, very poor protection...

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    this is not true. quarterbacks are taught to take the sack, or get out of the pocket and throw it out of bounds and worry more about field position rather than taking a chance on a hurry and still throwing.

so even when you are hurried, you are to take the sack or run out of the pocket, then throw it away.

Punting is not always a bad thing. An interception is.
    Like he would have still been starting, if he didn't take even the rarest of risks? You know that a QB has to do something. Rather it be Huard, or any other quarterback, if you hold the ball and take the sack all of the time, you are not a good quarterback. Even if there is literally no offensive linemen at all, you have to throw it sometimes. The less often that you have time, and the less time that you have, the more often you have to try something. Especially since there is so little help from your running game.

So you don't even see the similarities of Farves offense last season, to Huards offense this season? No running game, very poor protection...

Like he would have still been starting, if he didn't take even the rarest of risks? You know that a QB has to do something. Rather it be Huard, or any other quarterback, if you hold the ball and take the sack all of the time, you are not a good quarterback. Even if there is literally no offensive linemen at all, you have to throw it sometimes. The less often that you have time, and the less time that you have, the more often you have to try something. Especially since there is so little help from your running game.
    You mean like the 23 times Huard has taken the sack for a negative 159 yards. 4th Most in the NFL, And in Ints he is tied for 4th (actually tied kinda for 2nd 3 others are tied for first with 10).

But thank you for giving me ammo so I can run off of stats rather then personal attacks, I don't like myself when I make personal attacks.

That is always an opinionated debate there. Is the offensive line that bad, or is the quarterback holding it too long?

I think that most anyone can tell that our offensive line is that bad. I mean hey, how's that super-stud runningback of ours doing?

That is always an opinionated debate there. Is the offensive line that bad, or is the quarterback holding it too long?

I think that most anyone can tell that our offensive line is that bad. I mean hey, how's that super-stud runningback of ours doing?
    that is a great question! i am glad you asked! we will see how he is doing when he starts for the first time this year, next game against the broncs. Go priest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    that is a great question! i am glad you asked! we will see how he is doing when he starts for the first time this year, next game against the broncs. Go priest!!!
    Bottom line Huard is a game manager not a game winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    Bottom line Huard is a game manager not a game winner!
    yes, and i think he could manage the game well from the sideline, carrying a clipboard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast