Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game Vs Eagles

Default Post game Vs Eagles

1. The biggest take away from this game is THE O LINE has to play better. That effort is not going to be good enough in many games. They were very lucky to be able to get the W today. WORK to do for sure.

2. In both games so far the 2nd half has been better then the 1st. This might just be a 2nd half team.

3. Lets talk about Mr.Kelce. His on the field play is up there among the best in the game at TE. His antics not so much. That being said IMO refs are looking to call things on him. And won't call things for him. I mean how many times in the game threads have we all noted a blatant PI not called for him. There is some accountability on them as well. It's not going to change so Kelce is going to have to learn to deal with it. But the NFL really needs to start holding the guys in stripes accountable as well. That would help the situation, In the end, the good with Kelce outweigh the bad. And I still love me some Kelce.

4. Kareem Hunt is a hell of a find. He is doing things that are not what you see from a rookie. That last TD was a vet move to get the ball in. Also many rookies would let what for the most part was a day of struggling get to them he didn't and made that huge long Td run. John Dorsey might not have been great dealing with the cap but man what a job he did in the draft.

5. Chris Jones. Again a hell of a find and starting to pay off. Hell of a game for him not only the sacks but the pick were huge factors in that game. He was the biggest factor on the defensive side of the ball.

6. Alex Smith missed a touchdown pass early in the game. That could have come back to bite them in the end and has many times. But he didn't let it today. He keep a key scoring drive alive fighting off many defenders to get a 1st down. That was as big of a play that won't get much play as the pass his missed could have been. He has to work on hitting that deep pass that he can miss sometimes. But today give him credit he still managed to have a pretty good day despite the O line being a joke much of the game.

7. Daniel Sorensen also had very nice day. He got some pressure on the QB that really made things hard on them. Got to give him a shout out as well.

Team is 2-0 to start the season. There is still clear work to be done. But the w/l record is what matters and 2-0 is a great start. On to The LA Chargers GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If we could get to the Bye week at 10-0 I would be very pleased

I had predicted a tough game & suspected the Eagles would show up and play HARD. Too bad that Dallas didn't show up in Donkeytown.

It just confirms for me that this is the Best division in the NFL hands down from bottom to top

It was a tough game. The Eagles are a lot better team than they're given credit for, much improved from the Chip Kelly squads.

Like m/c pointed out, the aggravating thing for me was the O-line. Their front seven went through us like a hot knife through butter. Even trying to settle down and just run the ball at the beginning of the game wasn't working. Don't think that we really backed them down any at all, until Alex Smith started running the ball.

Kareem Hunt's move to get the ball in the end zone...priceless. How he saw that, or even just reacted to do that, while being surrounded by that many arms, legs and eagles jerseys...Great job. Even if the Zebras had called that one the other way, believe he still would've punched it in right after.

It sucked that Smith didn't connect with Tyreek Hill on the long pass. He missed another opportunity to Wilson later in the game as well, when he caught the Eagles trying to blitz. Alex did throw some erratic passes today. But I'm glad they didn't give up on the deep ball, later in the game he connected with Conley on a nice pass.

Sorensen played well from start to finish. Chris Jones got better as the game went along. The defense really stepped up today when we needed it.

Tough win but still a win. In a way I'm grateful because it shows us what we need to work on.

I suppose quite a few fans and pundits weren't taking notice of the talent of the Eagles Defensive front 7, and you can rest assured that the Chiefs O-Line won't be the only ones having their struggles with them. I'll go out on the limb and predict the Eagles win the NFC East and their Defensive Front 7 will have a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It was a tough game. The Eagles are a lot better team than they're given credit for, much improved from the Chip Kelly squads.

Like m/c pointed out, the aggravating thing for me was the O-line. Their front seven went through us like a hot knife through butter. Even trying to settle down and just run the ball at the beginning of the game wasn't working. Don't think that we really backed them down any at all, until Alex Smith started running the ball.

Kareem Hunt's move to get the ball in the end zone...priceless. How he saw that, or even just reacted to do that, while being surrounded by that many arms, legs and eagles jerseys...Great job. Even if the Zebras had called that one the other way, believe he still would've punched it in right after.

It sucked that Smith didn't connect with Tyreek Hill on the long pass. He missed another opportunity to Wilson later in the game as well, when he caught the Eagles trying to blitz. Alex did throw some erratic passes today. But I'm glad they didn't give up on the deep ball, later in the game he connected with Conley on a nice pass.

Sorensen played well from start to finish. Chris Jones got better as the game went along. The defense really stepped up today when we needed it.

Tough win but still a win. In a way I'm grateful because it shows us what we need to work on.
    The pass to Wilson wasn't so much a miss as the defender was just able to get his hand in there and break it up at the end. (If I'm thinking of the same play you're talking about) Like the play by play guy at first I just thought that Wilson dropped it. Outside the missed TD chance the only really pass that stood out to me as bad was he missed Hill on what I think was a miscommunication on where Hill was to go. But it looked like Hill had some running room if he had gotten the ball to him. And the pass to Conley was a thing of beauty. It's great to see them making a clear effort to have more of a downfield threat this year instead of the constant screens. Loving that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Play-calling was questionable at times, as well. But they called that delayed handoff TRAP at the right time. Fisher and LDT executed it perfectly, and Hunt shot through the hole and was GONE for a 53-yard score. The Eagles were playing pretty good Defense up to that point, but you cannot ever afford to get gashed by a big TD run like that in a tight ball game, as those type of plays are game-changers.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-18-2017 at 04:09 AM.

To me, DAT should ride the pine. He is killing us by taking the ball deep out of the end zone and only getting to the 10 or 15. They may have benched him already as Akeem Hunt got in and had a decent return.

We saw what Alex is capable of in New England when given the time necessary to survey the field. This game the o-line didn't do as good a job protecting Alex and we saw more of the short passing game that he has, unfortunately, become mostly associated with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast