Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs from Istanbul....

Default Chiefs from Istanbul....

Hi All. In the middle of a divorce (almost 25 years) I decided to quit my job & travel. I've been away for over 6 months now. Went to Germany, France, Sardinia (island off Italy), Israel & now Turkey. Met this smoking hot 35 year old Turkish women (never been married) & I staying put @ the moment. There's a 7 hour difference & yet they air the Chiefs/Skins game! So in the middle of the night I'm cheering for our team!

I'm so lucky as I was @ a restaurant (by myself) & her friend walked up too me & said..."Hi. My friend would like to met you but she's too shy" I jumped on that right away. Istanbul is a great city. It's a tweener city. Part Europe/Middle East. Anyway...Too close for comfort. I knew the Skins were going to be a problem after watching the Raider game. Thinking of you guys from foreign soil! Here's a pic of Kayla.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Mass, I can tell you are very happy but just want you to take a step back real quick. I can tell you after divorce every girl looked suitable and I don't want you to rush into anything. Just to make a joke I went looking for some kind of ritual that would change your life after you got married, something like you would be responsible to support her whole family.

There are studies out there stating Turkish marriages to foreigners are on the rise, but the marriages are not lasting. The women are marrying for financial support and once married struggle.

Just saying be careful. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Mass, I can tell you are very happy but just want you to take a step back real quick. I can tell you after divorce every girl looked suitable and I don't want you to rush into anything. Just to make a joke I went looking for some kind of ritual that would change your life after you got married, something like you would be responsible to support her whole family.

There are studies out there stating Turkish marriages to foreigners are on the rise, but the marriages are not lasting. The women are marrying for financial support and once married struggle.

Just saying be careful. That's all.
    Seek: Thanks for your insight. BTW....Kayla's family is super rich. Her father owned (sold it) one of the largest sewer piping companies in Turkey. So no worries on the money aspect. I know it's a hurdle/challenge trying to mix different cultures together. We're like any normal dating couple, though it's unique. Statistics are just that. Doesn't answer how we are with each other. I know I'm coming off a 25 year marriage, but sometimes life throws us a "curve" & we have to roll with it. Girls like Kayla don't come around often brother. If I played it coy, then I couldn't have kept her. With Turkish women...you have to be "upfront" & let them know you're in. Once you do...the sky is the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    CT. By the way where are you in Connecticut? I missed a great New England summer I'm told. My soon to be ex-wife pulled our boat out & enjoyed it. My ex (Joyce) is very cool. The divorce is moving along. I'll never have a bad thing to say about her. She was with me thru some bad times & stuck with me! Sometimes...people just fall out of love. I simply didn't dig her like that anymore.

As for Kayla...I'm trying to take in slow, but sometimes you don't choose love, it's chooses you. Even with my ex it was never like this CT. She is wickeded HOT! I'm 6'5" & she is 5'2" I tower over her. When my plane landed in Istanbul....I wasn't looking for a GF or wife for that matter. Got lucky in Israel (twice) & Sardinia. I'm very happy right now & I'm going to run with it! I just dropped off Kayla a few minutes ago (it's past 11:00PM now.) I found an apartment the other day & I signed a lease for a year. Paid 6 months up front to get a better deal. So I'm in. We'll see where it take us. I have a really good feeling about Kayla.
    I'm located in Falls Village, Ct in the NW Corner of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm located in Falls Village, Ct in the NW Corner of the state.
    Wow...You're out there! West of Springfield, MA.? South of Pittsfield. No wonder why you collect vintage guns. There's plenty of room in those parts. CT. I wanted to thank you for reaching out brother. I know this is a KC Chiefs forum & not a "chick forum" Just the same, it's nice that you gave me your insight & friendship. I really appreciate it! Now...Need to pick-up Kayla in my rented Red 2016 VW Golf (5 speed manual diesel) for dinner. BTW...The food ROCKS here!

Wow...You're out there! West of Springfield, MA.? South of Pittsfield. No wonder why you collect vintage guns. There's plenty of room in those parts. CT. I wanted to thank you for reaching out brother. I know this is a KC Chiefs forum & not a "chick forum" Just the same, it's nice that you gave me your insight & friendship. I really appreciate it! Now...Need to pick-up Kayla in my rented Red 2016 VW Golf (5 speed manual diesel) for dinner. BTW...The food ROCKS here!
    Have fun MASS!

Have fun MASS!
    I am brother. Leaving the restaurant now. I pay $85.00 a month for the VW Golf. It's like brand new. Leather (ish) seats, sunroof, satellite radio etc. Kayla owns a Audi Q5, but she's the WORST driver ever! I mean really bad! She lives on the outskirts of the city. She picked me up like two weeks ago & I felt like my life was in danger when she was driving! I told her to pullover & I took the wheel. I live in downtown...Just 3 blocks from her hospital she works at. Pretty girls don't make the best drivers!

Got to love the weekend! It's coming my friends.

Got to love the weekend! It's coming my friends.
    Houston is coming Sunday night and they won't be easy in Houston. We've been whupping up on them for a while and they are going to want some payback in the form of beating the only undefeated team in the NFL. Hope you and Kayla can be here for the game thread. Have you bought her a Chiefs shirt or hat yet? :)

Houston is coming Sunday night and they won't be easy in Houston. We've been whupping up on them for a while and they are going to want some payback in the form of beating the only undefeated team in the NFL. Hope you and Kayla can be here for the game thread. Have you bought her a Chiefs shirt or hat yet? :)
    I know CT. I'm really worried about the Houston game. What sucks is the time difference. It's going on @ (8:30PM EST) 3:30AM for me on Sunday. I'll be watching it @ Kayla's place (her dad's) Might be our 1st loss. Houston has a killer "front seven" Plus our O-Line is pretty banged-up. Not sure if Mitch & the boys will be back for the game.

We have Amazon here. I bought Kayla 2-KC Chiefs T-Shirts. Red is her color (as it's mine as well) I'll take some pics & upload them. She laughs @ how hardcore I'm a Chiefs fan I am! I have worn my KC T-Shirts in town & people stop me & say "Hey...Are you an American & an NFL fan?" Trick question I say to myself. Packing-up & hitting the beach again today. Once again it's 70 & a ball of sun. My tan is working brother. I'm black as asphalt these days. About 10:00AM here.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast