Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Chiefs from Istanbul....

Default Chiefs from Istanbul....

Hi All. In the middle of a divorce (almost 25 years) I decided to quit my job & travel. I've been away for over 6 months now. Went to Germany, France, Sardinia (island off Italy), Israel & now Turkey. Met this smoking hot 35 year old Turkish women (never been married) & I staying put @ the moment. There's a 7 hour difference & yet they air the Chiefs/Skins game! So in the middle of the night I'm cheering for our team!

I'm so lucky as I was @ a restaurant (by myself) & her friend walked up too me & said..."Hi. My friend would like to met you but she's too shy" I jumped on that right away. Istanbul is a great city. It's a tweener city. Part Europe/Middle East. Anyway...Too close for comfort. I knew the Skins were going to be a problem after watching the Raider game. Thinking of you guys from foreign soil! Here's a pic of Kayla.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Never Kris. You're the goods! Kayla will be waking-up in the next hour, so I'm up (for now) Think I might skip church today. Maybe I'll cruise over to Ahmet's place (I have keys & the alarm code) & hang by the pool.

BTW...The Wi-Fi sucks here! When I post here. Sometimes I don't know if it takes. Also...I love my Red VW Golf TDI! Great gas mileage & wonderful torgue. Love the 5-speed manual.
    Last edited by KCMASS; 10-10-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Well..that one worked! :)

So It's about 9:00AM ish' right now & I'm sitting by the pool. Ahmet comes out with a cold beer (Carlsberg) & say's "Have one with me" I said "I don't drink anymore Ahmet" He's was like "Just this once" So...It went down so nice. He's not a drinker (bought a six-pack) I said one is enough for me (alcohol doesn't mix well with me) "You're on your own after this I said" Hanging with him @ the pool with my Asus tablet. Yet another 70 degree day & sun.

So I'm going to meet Kayla's younger brother (Kaden) with his wife (Sabina) on Friday. They live in Ankara. He's a lawyer (a good one I'm told) I'm kind of nervous as I think he's coming to meet me. Weird...as he's in his late 20's & a guy is coming to give me the "once over" & I'm 51! It's all about acceptance here. He's staying for the Pittsburgh game & leaving on Tuesday (Hi-Speed Train) I hope he's cool (Kayla says he very laid back & understanding) Yet another hurdle guys!

So I just found out about Kayla's brother the other day. Didn't even know she had one (she has a sister...Kanda) He's never mentioned @ Ahmet's home. He switched religions to marry Sabina. He didn't get Ahmet's approval (he wouldn't give it) & didn't attend the wedding. He hasn't been home in over 2 years. I told Ahmet..."Life is too short, just be with your son" The Catholic population here is very, very small. CT...It might be secular here, but all of Kayla's friends are Catholic I noticed. I see three of her friends in church almost everyday. So they hang with each other. Mass is much shorter here (35-40 minutes tops) Plus, we have an Irish pastor that only speaks English. Still a good turnout everyday.

We're all going to dinner on Saturday night. I'm really happy about this! Too my KC Chiefs buddies...Life is so short. Just enjoy everyday.
    Last edited by KCMASS; 10-12-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910