Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnson vs Holmes

Default Johnson vs Holmes

I dont know about wht all you are thinking , but from what I saw, Priest can run the ball in this offense better than LJ. Dont get me wrong , I love LJ....but he(LJ) keps ramming into the o line like he is actually gonna go somwhere? priest still shows his patience and running where there are yards! LJ learned this once from Priest but has since forgotton! I think Priest needs to show this "kid" some more moves! Go PH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    LJ is one of the best running backs in the NFL! Its just not working out right now with his style of running. He needs some reason to go that extra mile not that he shouldnt with his contract, but without competition he has been slacking.

I never did believe that he was as good as his numbers, but he definitley has some valuable tools for a runningback. I think he is in the right system, but with the wrong linemen in front of him. That, and he really doesn't seem to have much interest in blocking, or running outside. But I would definitely feel more comfortable with him playing right now.

well, i think priest and lj are both fantastic runners, it just appears with the o-line we have that holmes would be the better choice given he hits the edge so fast. i dont think he is 100%, but he is close. it would be nice to use both more effectively, but the reality is the man makin the big bucks will get the call even if he is not produceing like he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by marctahoe65 View Post
    well, i think priest and lj are both fantastic runners, it just appears with the o-line we have that holmes would be the better choice given he hits the edge so fast. i dont think he is 100%, but he is close. it would be nice to use both more effectively, but the reality is the man makin the big bucks will get the call even if he is not produceing like he should be.
    yes, that is the key. Even if priest outperforms LJ, when lj is healthy, his starting position is locked in by the millions the Chiefs Org gave him.

All I know is everyone had to have been shi**ing themeselves when LJ went down. And I know you were going crazy when he dove over the pile on the beautiful Screen play when He grabbed the flag and staked it in the ground ! Tell me you werent ! I dont care if you like him or resent him , we need him .He has been awsome catching the ball this year ( something many many people said he sucked at last year ). We just need to use him differently until we get some beefy 300 pounders on the Oline to push people backwards. I loved the call of the screen pass when he scored. Matter of fact ask HH or bryanC if I didnt call it right before he threw it. By the way Priest is ready , he got a taste of the endzone now. We are gonna roll on the Donkeys. Keep in mind that had Bowe not gotten hurt, and LJ gone down we might have had two more guys to THROW the ball to that are great runners after the catch. OUR O-Line is what is hurting our offense and TY Law is what is killing us deep ! He gave up two touchdowns that a younger faster guy wouldnt have . How much did we lose by ? Less that 14 points . Ty Law was great at one time . He is our weakest link at covering guys deep. He would be a better playing closer off the line and letting page cover his area deep.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    All I know is everyone had to have been shi**ing themeselves when LJ went down. And I know you were going crazy when he dove over the pile on the beautiful Screen play when He grabbed the flag and staked it in the ground ! Tell me you werent ! I dont care if you like him or resent him , we need him .He has been awsome catching the ball this year ( something many many people said he sucked at last year ). We just need to use him differently until we get some beefy 300 pounders on the Oline to push people backwards. I loved the call of the screen pass when he scored. Matter of fact ask HH or bryanC if I didnt call it right before he threw it. By the way Priest is ready , he got a taste of the endzone now. We are gonna roll on the Donkeys. Keep in mind that had Bowe not gotten hurt, and LJ gone down we might have had two more guys to THROW the ball to that are great runners after the catch. OUR O-Line is what is hurting our offense and TY Law is what is killing us deep ! He gave up two touchdowns that a younger faster guy wouldnt have . How much did we lose by ? Less that 14 points . Ty Law was great at one time . He is our weakest link at covering guys deep. He would be a better playing closer off the line and letting page cover his area deep.
    Awesome post! I agree and rep added.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I agree with the offense, but Law didn't get beaten on that big play, if that's what you're talking about. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I agree with the offense, but Law didn't get beaten on that big play, if that's what you're talking about. =P
    Ty Law gave up a bunch of third downs against Jax because he knows he is vulnerable against the deep ball. Even if it wasn't him on a particular play, I have seen him give up more passing plays than any other Chiefs' defender this year.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

That is true. I was screaming with joy at the TV while LJ was running down the sidelines, and dove over that wuss at the goal line!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Yes he said ... try to remember the wording, but something to the effect of, this would be a great time for a screen, or Huard should try a screen ... something like that.

At that moment and just for that moment I started praying to YZilla cause I knew he had divine intervention to get herm to listen.

OK with 19 seconds left in the third quarter Farve threw a slant route to jennings to the direction of Ty Law he wasnt the only one arounf the guy but he should have been between the endzone and the reciever because the slant came right at his corner of the endzone. (Not completely his fault but I say 75% ) . The long pass in the 4th with 3:19 left if you look in the replay from the endzone point of view you will see Ty Law near the line of scrimmage looking on from behind . I belive that is his corner to cover . Donnie Edwards and Surtan were the closest to the reciever at the point of the catch so either Ty law fell down or he was on a blitz. Either or the point is meaningless now. But we all know that He has been burnt more times than he should be for a Superbowl ring wearing Vetran with his experience . He is slow and needs to be utilized in a postion where he is not the safety net of a broken or big play . I should have stated that Mcintosh is a fat slow Turd that would be better off on Defense plugging a running lane. Because he got burnt by younger faster defensive lineman. His feet were like cement at the snapp of the ball. That last sack after we went behind in points before Huard threw the pick Killed us thanks to Mcintosh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast