Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LJ Hurt.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default LJ Hurt.

Johnson helped off field after injuring ankle against Packers

Associated Press
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City running back Larry Johnson was helped off the field after injuring his right ankle in the fourth quarter against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
    Larry Johnson, RB
    Kansas City Chiefs

Sunday vs. GB:
    Touches: 22
    Total YDs: 95
    TD: 2

» Week 9: Injuries | inactives
    » More: Scores | photos | stat leaders

Johnson, the Chiefs' leading rusher, was injured midway through the fourth quarter when he caught a pass from Damon Huard and was dragged down from behind by Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk. Johnson caught his toe on the turf after getting his feet tangled with Hawk's, then grabbed at his right ankle.
    He tried to put weight on the leg after the trainers looked at him, but had to get help to the bench. He later was taken to the locker room.
    Johnson had 53 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries before the injury. He also caught a 30-yard touchdown pass.
    Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

This looked pretty nasty. I hope he is ok and will be ready for the Donks. I love Priest and will be happy to see him get a little more attention, but he is still not entirely back to form. He was man-handled by AJ Hawk when Hawk made his interception. In what was basically a fight for a particular spot on the field, Hawk won, hands-down. I imagine Priest will be better prepared for that from here on out, but it still shows that he is not 100% mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    This looked pretty nasty. I hope he is ok and will be ready for the Donks. I love Priest and will be happy to see him get a little more attention, but he is still not entirely back to form. He was man-handled by AJ Hawk when Hawk made his interception. In what was basically a fight for a particular spot on the field, Hawk won, hands-down. I imagine Priest will be better prepared for that from here on out, but it still shows that he is not 100% mentally.
    Priest need smore reps and he will get them this week. How can you say he isnt ready? He has only played like 7 downs in two games?

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    Priest need smore reps and he will get them this week. How can you say he isnt ready? He has only played like 7 downs in two games?
    I think you just answered your own question Polleo.

If he gets more downs he will get better.

LJ's ankle roll looked pretty bad. I am gonna say it was worse than just a high ankle sprain and am thinking it damaged some tendons, or ligaments. Sigh...

I hope he is not out longer than a week.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

it wouldnt surprise me if he is back next week. Hard to tell until the next day. I am sure we will know tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I think you just answered your own question Polleo.

If he gets more downs he will get better.

LJ's ankle roll looked pretty bad. I am gonna say it was worse than just a high ankle sprain and am thinking it damaged some tendons, or ligaments. Sigh...

I hope he is not out longer than a week.
    I was just saying how can you tell he's not ready when nobody has really seen what he has? I hope he has it like in the old days, cause lord knows we'll need it!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I was just saying how can you tell he's not ready when nobody has really seen what he has? I hope he has it like in the old days, cause lord knows we'll need it!
    I sure hope he has it too, problem is even if he has it no one will respect him (other teams) for a few games, but then that could be a blessing also, teams come in thinking we are going to be one dimensional with LJ out (don't want LJ out but if it has to be maybe there is a silver lining) and then Priest run all over them because they are only protecting the pass like before they were only stopping the run.

Dunno guess we will find out.

I tried to show you a specific play where Priest showed a shortness of awareness. AJ Hawk man-handled him and took the position from him.

I am a staunch Priest supporter, but I think he could have used a little more action, to help him get adjusted to the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I tried to show you a specific play where Priest showed a shortness of awareness. AJ Hawk man-handled him and took the position from him.

I am a staunch Priest supporter, but I think he could have used a little more action, to help him get adjusted to the game again.

yes, you are correct on that play. in that situation, priest was in front of AJ, had position, but did not hold his ground. So yes on that particular play, priest did make the mistake, that wasnt huards interception.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I sure hope he has it too, problem is even if he has it no one will respect him (other teams) for a few games, but then that could be a blessing also, teams come in thinking we are going to be one dimensional with LJ out (don't want LJ out but if it has to be maybe there is a silver lining) and then Priest run all over them because they are only protecting the pass like before they were only stopping the run.

Dunno guess we will find out.
    Yeah, but truth is we have been 1 dimentional if that. We havent run the ball or made anyone think we can all year. Nobody is or has been scared of our running game!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast