Thread: What is everyone thinking about Houston?

Default What is everyone thinking about Houston?

Just curious what everyone else is thinking. As for me, I'm kinda worried, but I don't have a "bad feeling" about this game. I think it's going to be a tough game, but I think we're good enough to beat them though the injuries worry me.

Concerned. Already porous offensive line now has major holes. Clowney, Watt... Alex Smith less mobile with sore ankle. He'll be back to quick delivery, or get sacked into oblivion. They'll be keying on Hunt. Look for Kelce to have a big game. And yet we're still gonna win :) This is our year Connecticut. After almost four decades.

Jersey.....Kinda the way I am thinking. Sorta "Somehow we are going to pull it out". Kelce, Hunt and Hill...you just can't shut them all down and if by miracle a team does shut them down then West, Conley and Wilson should be untouched. Alex is playing his best football ever by a wide margin. Reid is mixing things up much more than we've seen before. Our Defense hasn't been quite as heroic as the last few years, but I think we have a good enough offense to overcome that. I'm not ready to call this "our year" but it's starting to maybe have that sort of "feel" to it. Injuries worry me though. Though I suspect anyone who has been a Chiefs fan for and length of time finds lots of things to worry about.

Connecticut, I'm very disappointed that you of all people are "not ready to call this our year". I'll remind you of this on February 4th :)

Houston is very good

They are going to be a very nice test playing on the road. I think the Chiefs are really going to have their work cut out to come out still unbeaten. They can very well win the game but if they do it's going to take them playing much better then the start they got out to on Monday night.

I'll be sorta distraced with the Tribe playoff game going on but I just don't feel great about this game with Houston
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Connecticut, I'm very disappointed that you of all people are "not ready to call this our year". I'll remind you of this on February 4th :)
    Jersey....I hope you do! And if you do, I owe you and your SO dinner at your favorite restaurant. There is nothing I want more than to see our Chiefs win it all this year. But it's been a while so I'm kind of leery of making predictions. When I say "I'm not sure" what I mean is that after 49 years as a Chiefs fan I'm just not quite ready to make predictions. But I am getting a bit of a "tingling feeling".

In previous years, when we were off to 9-0 starts, I was skeptical because the wins came by virtue of a combination of a weak schedule, miraculous returns (Dante Hall), turnovers ... in other words, the ball taking a lucky bounce in our direction. This year, with Alex Smith's seemingly newfound confidence and balanced weapons, I really believe that the Chiefs are amongst the very few best teams overall. But the O-line will be the key as we pound through the scariest schedule I've ever seen.

YUP! This schedule is a female dog! (substitute word that starts with B). But so far the team seems to have the talent and determination to overcome almost any problem. That's what it takes to be among the best of the best. If injuries don't completely kill us then I feel pretty confident this is a Chiefs team that can make a whole lot of noise in January and perhaps in February. Since I turned 60 this year I'd be very grateful if the Chiefs could arrange for that to be my birthday present. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    YUP! This schedule is a female dog! (substitute word that starts with B). But so far the team seems to have the talent and determination to overcome almost any problem. That's what it takes to be among the best of the best. If injuries don't completely kill us then I feel pretty confident this is a Chiefs team that can make a whole lot of noise in January and perhaps in February. Since I turned 60 this year I'd be very grateful if the Chiefs could arrange for that to be my birthday present. :)
    Yeah as really think that it will if they beat the Texans and it may be hard to do with a rookie QB that is red hot. As really Watson is. But with Smith as the vet. He could give the Texans a run for the money.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Yeah as really think that it will if they beat the Texans and it may be hard to do with a rookie QB that is red hot. As really Watson is. But with Smith as the vet. He could give the Texans a run for the money.
    Just so! This is a game either team can win. Not a "any given Sunday" win. Just 2 tough teams with a lot at stake. A game that truly deserves National coverage.