Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postgame Steelers

Default Postgame Steelers

1. 5-1 is not bad. The Chiefs are just going to have to hope someone else knocks the Steelers out they just don't match up well against them.

2, Andy did not have a good week. You have a team that's only giving up 136 yards passing and you run out there your pass happy playbook? REALLY? Then not taking 3 points when it was right there. We could have just been playing for a FG and gone into OT felling good. But NOPE. This one is on you Andy IMO

3. Alex didn't have a lot to work with. But he had 2 huge miss throws late in that game. Every Qb has these games and he has played at a high level so far this year. But COME ON you have to make those throws in a game like this. Once again he just couldn't and it's frustrating to see.

4. The D did a lot to keep us in that game. But they also did a lot to lose it. I mean how do you just keep letting them line up on 3rd and long and run it down your throats? Just frustrating. all around

Short week hope this was a wake up call. I HATE THE STEELERS UGH
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    1. 5-1 is not bad.
    Quite right. I think it is even fair to say it's better than "not bad".

The Chiefs are just going to have to hope someone else knocks the Steelers out they just don't match up well against them.
    Yeah they have pretty much "had our number" for a while now, Starting to pish me off.

2, Andy did not have a good week. You have a team that's only giving up 136 yards passing and you run out there your pass happy playbook?
    100% right. Reid didn't do a very good job of game-planning for the Steelers.

REALLY? Then not taking 3 points when it was right there.
    I think that can be argued either way but with 20-20 hindsight it was clearly the wrong decision. I usually like that sort of gamble but I also thought we should have taken the 3.

We could have just been playing for a FG and gone into OT felling good. But NOPE.
    Can't agree at all. But perhaps I misunderstand this comment? We were down 12-3. Down by 9. Almost no way OT was happening. We kick that FG and now we are down 6. Not playing for a FG and OT.

This one is on you Andy IMO
    Sorry. I can't agree. Too much blame to go around to blame it on Reid. The Defense bent but didn't break, but they got bent into pretzels in the running game. I'm 60 and the way the defense was playing for the first 3 quarters I probably could have rushed for 50-75 yards. So IMO there is plenty of blame to go around including but not limited to Andy. The defense and offense pulled it together at the end but it was too little too late.

3. Alex didn't have a lot to work with. But he had 2 huge miss throws late in that game. Every Qb has these games and he has played at a high level so far this year. But COME ON you have to make those throws in a game like this. Once again he just couldn't and it's frustrating to see.
    Dunno what two throws you are talking about but if we're talking about the same ones, on one of them the receiver fell, slipped or got knocked down after Alex released the ball. Can't blame that on Alex. But Alex certainly didn't wake up until VERY late in the game.

DAMNED stupid new laptop is making me NUTS. Won't let me finish. I may have to shoot it.

If we would have taken those 3 points instead of going for the TD it would have been a 19-16 game. Another Field goal gets us to OT. And we would have had some real mojo behind us.

This one is on Andy for me because both sides of the ball played bad a good amount of the time. When that happens you got to point the finger at the HC. He's the one who is suppose to have them ready to play and he didn't this week. Every team and coach has bad weeks this was one for Andy IMO

The throws I was talking about was both to Demarcus Robinson. One he was WIDE FREAKING Open in the endzone noone near him and the throw sailed. Another was high on the final drive that would have been a 1st down
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

4. The D did a lot to keep us in that game. But they also did a lot to lose it. I mean how do you just keep letting them line up on 3rd and long and run it down your throats? Just frustrating. all around
    Just so. Bend but don't break is damned good but not if you let the enemy gooble up the clock with 50 or more yards on every drive. So IMO Sutton get some of the blame.

Short week hope this was a wake up call. I HATE THE STEELERS UGH

Yep....and a short week against the Raiders who will be looking for payback just like the Steelers were.

In summary, this week we got outplayed, outcoached and outmotivated. And by the time everybody realized we were in poop up to our nose we were pretty much screwed. That damned tipped pass in the 4th for a Steeler TD was a killer.

Players and Coaches ALL need to do better next week. Need to play 4 quarters of football instead of 1.

Still watching the DVR of the game, but what jumps out at me so far is the fact that the Steelers continue to overpower us physically every time. Playcalling has been really restrained...Is this Andy's way of holding back until Thursday? Was he holding back because he felt we might see the Steelers again in the playoffs? Tomlin and Haley really seem to have Reid figured out.

5-1's not bad at all, and pounding the Raiders into the ground in Oakland will make for a nice bounce back, but I'm really angry we took a home game against a respectable team so lightly. And for the love of all things holy and just someone please rip that stinkin' screen play to DAT right out of the playbook.

I think I can sum it up pretty well. We didn't play well yesterday. Not on offense, not on Defense, not on special teams, not on coaching. The only good thing about yesterday is that we're 5-1 and that despite being outplayed just about the whole game we still managed to rally in the 4th quarter and make it a close game. Not much consolation, but it's better than if we had gotten blown out.

whats up w/marcus peters? last week he gave up 4 receptions, 2TD's on 6 targests...this week he was afraid to tackle anybody......last week he lost the ability to speak english; "Ima hella weak" what????? this week he's having a tantrum on the sidelines...i wonder what language he was speaking....he kneels for the national anthem...the more i see him the more i am beginning to hate this guy.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think I can sum it up pretty well. We didn't play well yesterday. Not on offense, not on Defense, not on special teams, not on coaching. The only good thing about yesterday is that we're 5-1 and that despite being outplayed just about the whole game we still managed to rally in the 4th quarter and make it a close game. Not much consolation, but it's better than if we had gotten blown out.
    That does "sum" it up perfectly. Bell just shredded us. We did adjust some, but it really took the wind from us. Our D was on the field forever! A little better then 23 minutes on the grass doesn't cut it. I'm very superstitious. At one point I was listening to the game on the web somehow thinking that might helps us win the game (I know so stupid) The feed was too slow, so I went back to the TV. CT...You're correct. At least we battled! Didn't completely fold.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    whats up w/marcus peters? last week he gave up 4 receptions, 2TD's on 6 targests...this week he was afraid to tackle anybody......last week he lost the ability to speak english; "Ima hella weak" what????? this week he's having a tantrum on the sidelines...i wonder what language he was speaking....he kneels for the national anthem...the more i see him the more i am beginning to hate this guy.
    What's up with Peters? He is more interested in being "Marcus Peters--celebrity" than he is in being "Marcus Peters--Chief". But I will make a prediction....2018 is the last year of his contract and he is going to want HUGE CASH for 2019. So in 2018 he will have a BIG YEAR because that is what it will take to get him the cash he's going to want.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    That does "sum" it up perfectly. Bell just shredded us. We did adjust some, but it really took the wind from us. Our D was on the field forever! A little better then 23 minutes on the grass doesn't cut it. I'm very superstitious. At one point I was listening to the game on the web somehow thinking that might helps us win the game (I know so stupid) The feed was too slow, so I went back to the TV. CT...You're correct. At least we battled! Didn't completely fold.
    So you are superstitious like me? I never use some of the derogatory names for the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers when I post here because I think it might "jinx" us. There is some good news that I am going to post in another thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast