Thread: Good AFC West Losses Today!

Default Good AFC West Losses Today!

It's early here. I just watched the highlights from NFL.com on the Raiders/Bills & the Chargers/Patriots games. Good new for us! Phillip Rivers has the strangest release, but effective. Loved how the Bills used their old 60's AFC uniforms yesterday! Man...We need to take the Broncos tomorrow (today for me) The one thing I dislike about living in Istanbul is the time difference. Yet another "middle of the night" game for me! Be well my Chiefs friends.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Yes, a win tonight would be big for the division race. And it’s a home game. Need to get this win!

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    It's early here. I just watched the highlights from NFL.com on the Raiders/Bills & the Chargers/Patriots games. Good new for us! Phillip Rivers has the strangest release, but effective. Loved how the Bills used their old 60's AFC uniforms yesterday! Man...We need to take the Broncos tomorrow (today for me) The one thing I dislike about living in Istanbul is the time difference. Yet another "middle of the night" game for me! Be well my Chiefs friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yes, a win tonight would be big for the division race. And it’s a home game. Need to get this win!
    Re-quoted for truth. The football gods were VERY kind to the Chiefs yesterday. The Bills de-cleated the kiddie pirate crew in Buffalo (Watched that game and it got better as it went along. The Bills will be tough when we play them. Thankfully we play them in KC.) The Patriots did what they normally do to lesser teams. A win tonight would give us a three game lead in the AFC West. Huge game tonight.

Well....as has been said so well above, everything went perfectly for us yesterday. Raiders and Chargers are both 3-5, and are getting close to being out of the race for the AFC West Championship.

But the Broncos are at 3-3 thanks to the shutout loss against the Chargers last week. If the Chiefs take care of business tonight they will have a 2 1/2 game lead on the Broncos and a 3 game lead over the Raiders and Chargers. As I said in another thread a few weeks ago, it's all about winning division games. The Chiefs are 1-1 in the division and if they can go 5-1 in the division they will certainly win the AFC West as by going 5-1 in the division the best the Raiders or Chargers could do is 10-6 and the best the Broncos could do would be 11-5 and that assumes that all 3 of them were to win every single game for the rest of the season except those against the Chiefs. If the Chiefs win tonight, Vegas will make them a 70% or better favorite to win the West.

In short, we have a chance tonight to take a nearly insurmountable lead in the division. But Denver won't go easily as we all know so painfully well.

Coach Sutton...Tonight we need your best game plan of the year so far.

Coach Reid...Your Offense is going up against one of the best Defenses in the NFL tonight. While I admire your accepting responsibility for losses during post game pressers, I don't want to hear none of that BS this coming week. NOT AT ALL! So get your Offense ready, call the best plays of your career and get out there and kick some Bronco butt!

Coach Toub....The Broncos are not especially good at defending kick and punt returns. We need a STELLAR GAME from your team tonight. GET IT DONE!!!

Gentlemen...tonight we are playing for a commanding lead in the AFC West. How long has it been since we won the West 2 years in a row? I don't know but I do know that it's been a long damned time. That is very likely what we are playing for tonight.

​GO CHIEFS!!!!!!