Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure

Default Pressure

I was kind of wondering if anyone had noticed a player on the Chiefs defense, not named Jared Allen, who has gotten any pressure on opposing quarterbacks.

Alphonso Boone has been about the only other player that I have seen get some pressure. Tamba has split a couple of sacks with Jared. (All Jared if you were to ask me.) But we get an occaisional blitzer in there, and that's about it.

Basically, I am wondering if Hali is ever going to learn how to rush the passer.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I was kind of wondering if anyone had noticed a player on the Chiefs defense, not named Jared Allen, who has gotten any pressure on opposing quarterbacks.

Alphonso Boone has been about the only other player that I have seen get some pressure. Tamba has split a couple of sacks with Jared. (All Jared if you were to ask me.) But we get an occaisional blitzer in there, and that's about it.

Basically, I am wondering if Hali is ever going to learn how to rush the passer.
    Today was definitely Boone's day on D.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Today was definitely Boone's day on D.
    Or D held of the pack as long as they could. Packers are for real apparently. Boone did great. Jared did good too. It was a good team effort on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    Or D held of the pack as long as they could. Packers are for real apparently. Boone did great. Jared did good too. It was a good team effort on defense.
    I'm just saying that all season long, Tamba Hali has been failing to get any pressure on the qyarterback. He didn't get pressure last season either. Most of his sacks were on a quarterback who had left the pocket, or who held onto the ball forever.

I can't be alone on this.

Hali needs to learn from JA.

Where the hell was Napoleon Harris?

I don't want him to be out but where is Napoleon Harris?

I don't think I heard his name?

Is he injured?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'm just saying that all season long, Tamba Hali has been failing to get any pressure on the qyarterback. He didn't get pressure last season either. Most of his sacks were on a quarterback who had left the pocket, or who held onto the ball forever.

I can't be alone on this.
    Hali rarely gets a sack by himself.

He is getting more help from Jared (go figure that Jared is this dominant so early in his career) now that Jared is back.

Hali is getting better, but he could have much better stats is this freakin' scheme we are playing wasn't so conservative.

We have MAJOR talent that is being ignored, unused, whatever you want to call it.

This is classic "Give me five years and I can make a Championship team." coaching.

Hope that new guy HERM is able to do it.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I don't think Hali can cut it.He is a fair run-defending defensive end, but I don't see him beating his man when pass-rushing, and I didn't see it last year either. He can't get around the edge, even against right tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Hali needs to learn from JA.

Where the hell was Napoleon Harris?

I don't want him to be out but where is Napoleon Harris?

I don't think I heard his name?

Is he injured?
    He was in on one of the first tackles. He played.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I don't think Hali can cut it.He is a fair run-defending defensive end, but I don't see him beating his man when pass-rushing, and I didn't see it last year either. He can't get around the edge, even against right tackles.
    Your serious, you defend Huard and attack Hali. Wow and with this Admin I will end my post respectfully.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Your serious, you defend Huard and attack Hali. Wow and with this Admin I will end my post respectfully.

Have a nice day.
    Look, your unwavering biased against Damon Huard has made you blind to the subject.

As for Hali, yes, I think he is slacking. I'm amazed that this is coming as a shock to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast