Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postgame @Giants Maybe next year

Default Postgame @Giants Maybe next year

1. SEE MY ANDY REID RANTS from the past. I mean again the guy just doesn't FREAKING LEARN a TE pass what a shock it doesn't work. This is why I don't think he will ever win a superbowl and am starting to think the Chiefs should move on. The guy just never learns or is to stubborn to change what has proven doesn't work time and time and time again.

2, Alex was pretty bad as well today. I am not as upset with him because I don't think the playcalling put the offense in a good position. But he missed open guys all game long with poor throws. And that was a big reason the Chiefs were not able to get the W and struggled.

3. I'll give the defense a tip of the cap. Yes some of it might have been a weak offense but they were the only reason that the game even went to OT. The only scores in regulation they gave came off turnovers with a dumb playcall and a dumb throw. I can't be to upset with them at all

It's hard to be excited about this team. It's the same old thing and when your head coach refuses to change what's not working well then you don't have much of a chance. And please never talk about Reid being good off the bye ever again
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Chiefs looked like they didn't even want to play today. Went from one of the best teams in the nfl (5-0) to one of the worse (lost 4 of last 5). Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Chiefs looked like they didn't even want to play today. Went from one of the best teams in the nfl (5-0) to one of the worse (lost 4 of last 5). Unreal.
    At least on offense. I didn't see much wrong with the D but again that could have been the Giants bad offense.

But even though I thought he was pretty bad today Alex at the very least showed some desire to be out there on some scrambles. So there was that at least
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I find it difficult to say anything good about this game. But I'll try.

Yes, the Defense held the Giants to 12 points and 317 offensive yards, but they did it against the worst Offense in the NFL. Not impressive.

Alex didn't have his worst game when it comes to completion percentage (65.8%) and total yards passing (231) but he threw 2 picks after throwing only 1 in the first 9 games. Pish poor. And he did it against a TERRIBLE Defense. Pathetic.

But I just have to try to find the silver lining in this gray cloud. So here it is....

Chiefs 6-4
    Chargers 4-6
    Raiders 4-6
    Broncos 3-7

So we have a 2 game lead on the Chargers and Raiders and a 3 game lead on the Broncos with 6 games left to play. We have the easiest remaining schedule of any team in the AFC West. That means 5 more wins guarantees us winning the AFC West. 4 more wins means the worst we can do is wind up with a tie record with Chargers or Raiders and they would need to win out to tie our record if we win 4 mores games. So when all is said and done, 9-7 (3 more wins) is likely to win us the West, 10-6 would be almost sure to win the West and 11-5 guarantees we win win the West. So the odds are good we win the West. Not an especially pretty way to win the West but it's still better than an awful lot of seasons I've seen.

Another happy thought.....the Broncos are a whisker away from being mathematically out of the playoffs. The thought makes me smile.

One more happy thought. In 2015 we came back from 1-5 (5 straight losses) and went 11-5 and won our first playoff game in 22 years. We're a whole hell of a lot better off now than we were after week 6 of the 2015 season. So yeah, it's not as bad as it feels right now.

Andy...please perform a cranio-rectal extraction IMMEDIATELY and get this team back on track. If we go 1 and done but win the West I can live with that--unhappily. But failing to win the West would simply be pathetic with all the advantages we have right now.

Alright...there you have it...it's the best I can do for a silver lining right now.

We may have beat the Patriots but it's clear to me were not as good as them or Pittsburg, they don't lose to 1-8 teams

Far as I'm concerned they should just call this game the "Yet Again Bowl".

I'm still watching the DVR of the game, but all the same BS this team has been doing over and over from the beginning the season - It's getting old. The part where Alex threw the shovel pass and it got intercepted, was anyone here really surprised?

What aggravates me is that our hands our really tied. Reid isn't going to give up his screen passes any more than Linus will give up his security blanket. God only knows how much time was wasted on coming up with five different variations of the shovel pass. Our cornerback situation won't get any better anytime soon. Neither will our WR situation. Or the O-line.

Alex Smith had another day where the man showed up but his throwing arm took the afternoon off. The 38 yard completion to Hill was actually underthrown; the misfire to Kelce early in the game was really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Far as I'm concerned they should just call this game the "Yet Again Bowl".

I'm still watching the DVR of the game, but all the same BS this team has been doing over and over from the beginning the season - It's getting old. The part where Alex threw the shovel pass and it got intercepted, was anyone here really surprised?

What aggravates me is that our hands our really tied. Reid isn't going to give up his screen passes any more than Linus will give up his security blanket. God only knows how much time was wasted on coming up with five different variations of the shovel pass. Our cornerback situation won't get any better anytime soon. Neither will our WR situation. Or the O-line.

Alex Smith had another day where the man showed up but his throwing arm took the afternoon off. The 38 yard completion to Hill was actually underthrown; the misfire to Kelce early in the game was really bad.
    This is why I'm really frustrated and really starting to question if we will ever go any farther under Reid. He just doesn't learn. Things don't work and he can't help himself but to keep doing them time and time and time again. We might win the division and maybe if we get a good match up win a wildcard weekend game but that's it. Reid just can't help himself
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

That's always been the problem with Reid even in Philly, he will never win a SB cause he doesn't have what it takes in the Playoffs, Reid is like Shottenhiemer great in the regular season in terms of record but craps out In the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    That's always been the problem with Reid even in Philly, he will never win a SB cause he doesn't have what it takes in the Playoffs, Reid is like Shottenhiemer great in the regular season in terms of record but craps out In the playoffs
    No offense C4L, but Reid actually did fairly well in the playoffs in Philly. In 19 playoff games in Philly he won 10 (52.6%). By contrast, during his 10 years in KC Schottenheimer made the playoffs 10 times and won 3 playoff games (30%). And of those 10 playoff appearances and 3 wins, 4 of the playoff appearances and 2 of the wins came with Joe Montana as QB. And while I like Alex Smith, he ain't no Joe Montana. In fact, in 20 complete years (his first year with Cleveland he started as HC mid-season) as a head coach with 4 different teams Schottenheimer is 5-13 in the playoffs (27.8%) vs in Reid's 18 complete years as a Head Coach with 2 different teams he is 11-12 in the playoffs (47.8%)--almost twice as good as Schottenheimer. And of course, Reid never had anyone like Montana as QB. All in all, Reid has 23 playoff appearances in 18 complete years and 11 wins vs Schottenheimer's 18 playoff appearances in 20 years with just 5 wins. So IMO suggesting Reid is just like Schottenheimer is not quite fair. Reid has more playoff appearances and more than twice as many playoff wins in 2 less years than Schottenheimer. So no...Reid ain't no Schottenheimer.

Reid has 5 more playoff appearances and 6 more playoff wins in 2 less years than Schottenheimer.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-20-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Im over Sutton though and I know who I would hire in his place with full control over defensive control of playcalling, Hiring, Firing and personel. You would never guess who I would choose, He is IMO the Best DCordinator in the game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast