Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things lost in the frustration yesterday

Default Things lost in the frustration yesterday

We were all VERY frustrated with the offense yesterday and some of us still are ticked but there were a few good things that came out of yesterday.

1. The D. They played pretty well overall. A far cry from how they were playing earlier in the year. Yes they gave up some points but they mostly came in the first half and they were on the field more then 70% of the time. When you have a D on the field that much sure they are going to give up a score or to.

2. Pressure. Looking back we got more pressure on the QB then we have in a while. Hopefully this is going to get even better going forward but it was nice to see a couple of sacks.

3 A BIG time shoutout to Reggie Ragland. He stood out yesterday and had a very good game. It's a shame his efforts went for not.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

All very good points! Also lost yesterday is my defense of Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We were all VERY frustrated with the offense yesterday and some of us still are ticked but there were a few good things that came out of yesterday.

1. The D. They played pretty well overall. A far cry from how they were playing earlier in the year. Yes they gave up some points but they mostly came in the first half and they were on the field more then 70% of the time. When you have a D on the field that much sure they are going to give up a score or to.

2. Pressure. Looking back we got more pressure on the QB then we have in a while. Hopefully this is going to get even better going forward but it was nice to see a couple of sacks.

3 A BIG time shoutout to Reggie Ragland. He stood out yesterday and had a very good game. It's a shame his efforts went for not.
    Yeah...we are all frustrated as hell. This crash and burn is killing me. Even worse, I don't have the first damned idea how to fix it. Usually I have some ideas, but right now I'm just completely at a loss.

But you made a great point....the last two horrid weeks the Defense did enough that we should have won. Our Offense simply didn't live up to their end of the bargain. There are some people that are part of this team that need to get up extra early in the morning and take a long, cold, hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they are earning even 1/10th of their paycheck.

Yeah....I'm frustrated.

The D did improve but IMHO we're nowhere close to where we at, at the start of the season. Good to see Tamba back, but we really need Dee Ford back to get things right on the D.

The offense needs to get it's collective poop together. It's one thing for our merry-go-round of WR's to not be on the same page as Alex Smith, but when it's Tyreek Hill and Albert Wilson not getting the plays right, it's time to devote some homework effort in the playbook. Reid could help out with this by trying to play a game without screen passes, but the offense would probably faint from the shock.

How does our offense go from #1 in league to not being able to move the ball an entire game vs a 1 win team? This is nuts in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    How does our offense go from #1 in league to not being able to move the ball an entire game vs a 1 win team? This is nuts in my opinion.
    It is. And that is why it's so frustrating. I wish I could figure out who to blame. Reid hasn't changed his play calling enough to explain the collapse of the offense. Smith has certainly under-performed compared to the first 5 weeks but not enough to explain this collapse. The O-line has not been what they were in the first 5 weeks but I don't think they have been so horrible as to explain the last few weeks. This mess has me utterly befuddled.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    It is. And that is why it's so frustrating. I wish I could figure out who to blame. Reid hasn't changed his play calling enough to explain the collapse of the offense. Smith has certainly under-performed compared to the first 5 weeks but not enough to explain this collapse. The O-line has not been what they were in the first 5 weeks but I don't think they have been so horrible as to explain the last few weeks. This mess has me utterly befuddled.
    It really explains more then what you might think CT. We keep trying the same bag of tricks and the other teams know that bag. They are ready for the bag. They are ready to stop that bag. And that's a big part of why the offense has sucked.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It really explains more then what you might think CT. We keep trying the same bag of tricks and the other teams know that bag. They are ready for the bag. They are ready to stop that bag. And that's a big part of why the offense has sucked.
    THIS. If we keep doing the same screens and shovel passes over and over and over and over, we shouldn't expect anything but opposing D's tackles in our faces five yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    THIS. If we keep doing the same screens and shovel passes over and over and over and over, we shouldn't expect anything but opposing D's tackles in our faces five yards behind the line of scrimmage.
    Matt, Dugstr....Yes, Reid's bag of tricks can get real predictable. We've seen that for 4 years. But this complete offensive collapse just seems worse than anything we've seen before. It just seems there is something going on above and beyond predictable play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Matt, Dugstr....Yes, Reid's bag of tricks can get real predictable. We've seen that for 4 years. But this complete offensive collapse just seems worse than anything we've seen before. It just seems there is something going on above and beyond predictable play calling.
    I don't mean to imply that playcalling is the only issue but IMO it is the biggest. Alex has missed chances the O line has left some things to be desired there are many reasons.

The biggest reason I now support a move to Mahomes at QB is maybe he can add a new wrinkle to the offense. He has physical tools that Alex just doesn't have and maybe mixing in some of those will help the playcalling.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast