Thread: Favre magical again, leads comeback against Chiefs

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Favre magical again, leads comeback against Chiefs

Favre magical again, leads comeback against Chiefs

Associated Press
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Add one more uncommon distinction to the glittering resume of Brett Favre.
    Hitting Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go Sunday, Favre rallied Green Bay past Kansas City 33-22 and joined Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as quarterbacks who've beaten all 31 other teams in the NFL.In an odd confluence of timing among three of the game's greats, Manning and Brady both achieved the career milestone only one week ahead of Favre, who had been 0-3 against the Chiefs and was probably seeing them for the last time.
    "I've been on some pretty good teams that came in and lost," said Favre, who hit 24 of 34 passes for 360 yards with two TDs and two interceptions while notching his 40th game-winning rally.
    "Do I think those teams are better than this team? Yeah, but the record (7-1) speaks for itself. We're finding ways to win games, but we're also finding ways to make them closer than maybe they should be."
    Packers coach Mike McCarthy was as impressed as anyone else.
    "I know only Peyton and Brady have accomplished that," he said. "That's incredible. Another record for him."
    The Chiefs (4-4) had taken a 22-16 lead with 5:18 left on Damon Huard's 17-yard pass to Tony Gonzalez and a two-point conversion run by Priest Holmes, who came in when Larry Johnson injured his ankle a few minutes earlier.
    Jennings, whose 82-yard touchdown catch on the first play of overtime lifted Green Bay past Denver six days earlier, went streaking down the middle of the field on a cleverly designed play that had cornerback Patrick Surtain break off coverage and left linebacker Donnie Edwards alone with the fleet receiver.
    "What they did was put triple on one side," said Surtain. "There were three receivers, so they had the advantage with a linebacker on a receiver. They planned for it and hit the play when they needed it."
    Mason Crosby added a fourth field goal, from 45 yards, and with 59 seconds to go Charles Woodson intercepted Huard's pass and went 46 yards for a touchdown that made the game look much more lopsided than it actually was. The Packers scored 17 points in the final 3:05 on a defense that hadn't given up more than 20 all year.
    A Chiefs spokesman said Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowler, apparently had a sprained ankle, but that nothing definite would be known at least until Monday.
    "He couldn't put any weight on it. That's never a good sign," said coach Herm Edwards.
    The Packers, who were tied with Dallas for the NFC's best record coming into the day, have won 11 of their last 12 going back to last season. Their sixth straight road win ties for the second-longest away-from-home streak in team history.
    "It is hard to doubt us," said Favre. "You can question us. I do, too. Did I think we were blowing chances? Absolutely. Did I think we were running out of time? Absolutely."
    Huard was 19-of-32 for 213 yards, with two touchdowns and two interceptions. Gonzalez had 10 receptions for 109 yards and one TD, his seventh career game with 10 or more catches and 21st career 100-yard receiving game.
    "I'd trade it all in for a victory," Gonzalez said. "This is horrible, coming in this locker room like this, especially the way we played. We didn't play bad. They've got a Hall of Fame quarterback. He made the plays when he had to and we didn't."
    Johnson was hurt when he was tackled near the Chiefs' bench late in the fourth quarter. His backup is the 34-year-old Holmes, who made his second appearance since returning to football after almost two years.
    Jennings gave the Packers a 13-7 lead on the final play of the third quarter when he took Favre's pass on a crossing pattern, cut back across the grain and snaked across the goal line.
    After Benny Sapp's interception in the final seconds of the half, Johnson scored on a 1-yard run for a 7-6 halftime lead. Johnson later scored on a 30-yard screen pass to put Kansas City on top 14-13.
    Notes: Will Shields, the Chiefs' 12-time Pro Bowl right guard who retired this season, was honored at halftime. ... Green Bay WR Koren Robinson made his first appearance since serving a one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He had three receptions for 18 yards.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?...2007&week=REG9

Favre had a good game against us. The D played rather well and our O looked better. We can't win them all.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.