Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Justin houston

Default Justin houston

Not to pick one person out but Houston gets paid a whole lot of money to not show up every week

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Could you tell me what you are referring to? What $100 million? Who was giving that money. Sorry to sound STUPID, but what you are referring to rings no bells with me. Could you please educate me?
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...stunt.amp.html

They are taking money from military donations and cancer awareness and other charoty sources to pay for this. So they're just taking money from one charity to another to make it look like they're doing something in which ita just a PR stunt. Not sure if its all finalized but it wont stop the knealing. Nfl loosing millions and the longer this keeps up the less fans will come back cuz they will realize they dont need football as much as they thought and will have moved on. Iv actually feel like i dont need it. I used to crave football but now realize i got so much more better things to do and enjoy not having to worry if chiefs win or lose. So like i said nfl brought this on themselves. I hated it lastyear with kap but i didnt jave to watch it with the chiefs but now it spread with peters. Sorry i lost buddies in iraq. I wont watch anyone who wont stand for the flag. Any i find that i dont miss football at all. If im bored il check nfl news but thats all.

Thanks for the explanation jason!

Yw. Also it scares me cuz the flag is suppose to he the one thing that unites us and bonds us all together and if we cant simpky agree to unite and stand for the flag then what can we unite on? Thats why i hate the kneelers using the flag to protest. Protest any other time except during the national anthem. They can all take a knee for one play all at once during the game and it would do more for their cause and be a bigger message than during the flag. Also kaepernick had socks with pigs as cops. Of they want to protest cops then they shoukd go kneel in front of a cop but not during the national anthem. They need to protest towards the things their protesting. Flag has nothing to do with their issues. Which makes it even worse. We need to unite during the anthem. Anyways thats my 2 cents worth. They have a right to kneel but i also have my right to change the channel. And just cuz they have a right doesnt mean it wont have consequences. Ok il shut up now. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yw. Also it scares me cuz the flag is suppose to he the one thing that unites us and bonds us all together and if we cant simpky agree to unite and stand for the flag then what can we unite on? Thats why i hate the kneelers using the flag to protest. Protest any other time except during the national anthem. They can all take a knee for one play all at once during the game and it would do more for their cause and be a bigger message than during the flag. Also kaepernick had socks with pigs as cops. Of they want to protest cops then they shoukd go kneel in front of a cop but not during the national anthem. They need to protest towards the things their protesting. Flag has nothing to do with their issues. Which makes it even worse. We need to unite during the anthem. Anyways thats my 2 cents worth. They have a right to kneel but i also have my right to change the channel. And just cuz they have a right doesnt mean it wont have consequences. Ok il shut up now. Have a good day.
    Jason....We are in complete agreement. Football and politics shouldn't mix. Sport is meant to unite us not divide us (except along team lines :) ). I wore our country's uniform (11B and 54E20) for 7 years. So all this BS offends me as much as anyone. But I stay away from politics here on ChiefsCrowd for that exact reason. I LOVE our Chiefs, but that doesn't mean I love each of them or what they each do. Sadly some of them care more for their own celebrity than they do for the Chiefs. But the fact that we have a couple of "bad actors" won't change that I love the Chiefs. Put a bunch of young coddled rich kids with degrees in basket-weaving together and give them nationwide TV coverage and some of them will inevitably show their true colors.

As for Goodell....He is going to get what he has coming. He is hurting the NFL and the owners know it. Call me crazy, but I think the owners are going to take care of the Goodell problem.

Jason....We are in complete agreement. Football and politics shouldn't mix. Sport is meant to unite us not divide us (except along team lines :) ). I wore our country's uniform (11B and 54E20) for 7 years. So all this BS offends me as much as anyone. But I stay away from politics here on ChiefsCrowd for that exact reason. I LOVE our Chiefs, but that doesn't mean I love each of them or what they each do. Sadly some of them care more for their own celebrity than they do for the Chiefs. But the fact that we have a couple of "bad actors" won't change that I love the Chiefs. Put a bunch of young coddled rich kids with degrees in basket-weaving together and give them nationwide TV coverage and some of them will inevitably show their true colors.

As for Goodell....He is going to get what he has coming. He is hurting the NFL and the owners know it. Call me crazy, but I think the owners are going to take care of the Goodell problem.

He just signed an extension today :(
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He just signed an extension today :(
    Yeah...I saw that. Made me want to PUKE! What the hell! Lets divide the NFL into AFL and NFL again. The AFL doesn't allow kneeling during the anthem (or similar BS) and the NFL can kiss the players butts until their lips are chapped and bleeding. Maybe I'm crazy, but I believe that by contract all players are REQUIRED to stand for the anthem (although there is no specified penalty for not doing so). So what the hell....Kneel and get suspended. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Yeah...I saw that. Made me want to PUKE! What the hell! Lets divide the NFL into AFL and NFL again. The AFL doesn't allow kneeling during the anthem (or similar BS) and the NFL can kiss the players butts until their lips are chapped and bleeding. Maybe I'm crazy, but I believe that by contract all players are REQUIRED to stand for the anthem (although there is no specified penalty for not doing so). So what the hell....Kneel and get suspended. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

The problem with this CT is you could open yourself up to more lawsuits for the suspensions. It's up the owner of the team to cut the guy that's the most they could really do IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The problem with this CT is you could open yourself up to more lawsuits for the suspensions. It's up the owner of the team to cut the guy that's the most they could really do IMO
    Perhaps. I think the real answer is that you have to have a lawyer read the exact words requiring players to stand during the anthem and give an opinion on whether the NFL or the teams can discipline players that don't comply. I'll say one thing for sure though....this nonsense would not have happened 20 years ago. It didn't even happen during the 60s when kids were taking over and burning college buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    This is why Kraft and Bill hardly ever sign a player to a huge contract
    So true. The Pats are the best organization team in the NFL! We should take a page from their book.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    So true. The Pats are the best organization team in the NFL! We should take a page from their book.
    We tried it the Pats way it went horribly.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast