Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game @ jets RIP 2017 Chiefs

Default Post game @ jets RIP 2017 Chiefs

1. Screw Marcus Peters He needs to be cut RIGHT NOW. Don't wait he is a cancer and he's not even playing well in the first place. The guy is all about him and those are the players that you never want on your team. Cut his *** right now.

2. Thank you to the offense for your effort today. They really played well. It wasn't even their fault the D was on the field so long. The D had so many chances to get off the field and just failed over and over and over again.

3. This team has shown what they are. They are soft they are quitters. For those hoping for a turn around like we saw when we were 1-5 it's just not going to happen they don't have the character to do it. ANd that starts with the head coach

The only bright spot is that losses will no longer hurt this year. But it shows that Reid needs to go. He has lost this team and you can tell. It's a shame but it really needs to be done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    1. Screw Marcus Peters He needs to be cut RIGHT NOW. Don't wait he is a cancer and he's not even playing well in the first place. The guy is all about him and those are the players that you never want on your team. Cut his *** right now.
    I'm not ready to go that far. Maybe we can get a 5th round pick for him after the season. But yeah...HE NEEDS TO GO!

2. Thank you to the offense for your effort today. They really played well. It wasn't even their fault the D was on the field so long. The D had so many chances to get off the field and just failed over and over and over again.
    Just so. IIRC the Jets were the worst in the league (or close) on 3rd down coming into this game, but we let them bulldoze us on 3rd down. Pathetic.

3. This team has shown what they are. They are soft they are quitters. For those hoping for a turn around like we saw when we were 1-5 it's just not going to happen they don't have the character to do it. ANd that starts with the head coach
    There is something wrong with this team that goes FAR DEEPER than talent or coaching or QB. I'm not ready to say where that problem is, but I know damned well it is there.

The only bright spot is that losses will no longer hurt this year. But it shows that Reid needs to go. He has lost this team and you can tell. It's a shame but it really needs to be done.
    I'm not there yet. But teetering on the edge perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm not ready to go that far. Maybe we can get a 5th round pick for him after the season. But yeah...HE NEEDS TO GO!

Just so. IIRC the Jets were the worst in the league (or close) on 3rd down coming into this game, but we let them bulldoze us on 3rd down. Pathetic.

There is something wrong with this team that goes FAR DEEPER than talent or coaching or QB. I'm not ready to say where that problem is, but I know damned well it is there.

I'm not there yet. But teetering on the edge perhaps.
    There is far more than 1 problem on this team. The biggest issue is the inconsistency that we have seen all year long. And really thinking back all through Reid's tenure in KC. When one unit plays well the other craps the bed. We don't put total games together and that's coaching. I know there's very little chance Reid goes after the year. But I honestly think that he needs to. He has these same issues in Philly he just isn't a super bowl winning coach. He is what he is
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Agree on Peters. Trade him in the offseason. And let’s get Mahomes in the game for evaluation. We need to see if it’s necessary to keep Alex around next year. I don’t care if it costs us a playoff spot. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs anyway. Let’s start the rebuilding project now so we can hit the ground running next year. Hopefully with a new Defensive coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Agree on Peters. Trade him in the offseason. And let’s get Mahomes in the game for evaluation. We need to see if it’s necessary to keep Alex around next year. I don’t care if it costs us a playoff spot. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs anyway. Let’s start the rebuilding project now so we can hit the ground running next year. Hopefully with a new Defensive coordinator.
    Agree on most all you said. Not sure about Sutton though.

There is far more than 1 problem on this team. The biggest issue is the inconsistency that we have seen all year long. And really thinking back all through Reid's tenure in KC. When one unit plays well the other craps the bed. We don't put total games together and that's coaching. I know there's very little chance Reid goes after the year. But I honestly think that he needs to. He has these same issues in Philly he just isn't a super bowl winning coach. He is what he is
    I've got to mull that over a bit. Let's remember that it wasn't so long ago that we were all longing for the Marty days.

1) I'd have to disagree there. Peters is the only DB we have on the team that can actually cover. Nelson trying to grab a guy two yards ahead with his back to the ball is not covering. That's a PI call or a completion about to happen. While I'm pretty aggravated at what Peters did at the end of the game, I've seen worse happen that didn't have any consequences afterwards. And if you do ditch Peters, make dang sure that we've got a replacement lined up that can cover like he can.

2) Agreed. Offense showed up today. There were some moments when I was aggravated with our O-line, but all in all good job. This loss falls on the D in a big way.

3) We are NOT a dominant team like NE or Philly. We deserved to lose for letting guys like McKown look like Joe Montana. And yes we're soft. Why are we soft?

IMHO...After the Pittsburg game, we should've seen this coming. IMHO the die was cast when we signed Berry that (2nd) huge arse contract, used it as justification for letting guys like Dontari Poe and Jeremy Maclin go, and then somehow rationalized a merry go round of FA WR's and DB's that couldn't intimidate a middle school roster as being a worthy replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Absolutely, positively, 100% agree with everything you said here. I'll take it one step further and say that the head coaching spot needs to be on the table as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    1) I'd have to disagree there. Peters is the only DB we have on the team that can actually cover. Nelson trying to grab a guy two yards ahead with his back to the ball is not covering. That's a PI call or a completion about to happen. While I'm pretty aggravated at what Peters did at the end of the game, I've seen worse happen that didn't have any consequences afterwards. And if you do ditch Peters, make dang sure that we've got a replacement lined up that can cover like he can.

Is he even playing that well? He's getting beat in coverage a fair bit as well. He has consistently shown that he won't give the effort to tackle guys. This to go along with the headaches he has caused this year. Is he worth keeping around? I didn't give a damn about what he was doing during the anthem it's his choice his right. But when his on the field play is lackluster there comes a point that he is just not worth keeping around anymore
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast