Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The case against Andy Reid

Default The case against Andy Reid

I'm going to start by saying that Andy Reid was the right hire for the Chiefs in 2013. And he deserves a lot of credit for how far this team has come since the time he was hired. That was then and this is now. And now this team needs to move away from Andy Reid. Some feel that this is an overreaction so let me lay out my case in full.

Charge #1 PLAYCALLING!!!! This is something I think that we have all been frustrated with time and time again over the past few years. I know that I have been harping on this for years now. In postgame after postgame loss pressers, he has said over and over again that he has to do a better job in that. And yet the following week we see the SAME thing. Does he really recognize the problem? Or can he just not stop himself from running the failed plays? Either way, it has been something that has haunted him his entire NFL head coaching career. And if he hasn't learned in what is now 20 seasons will he ever? Yesterday it was reported he was giving up the duties but still overseeing the offense. And for the most part, the offense REALLY went well. But then like normal Andy just couldn't help himself. You have a defense that is struggling the ball and a 3rd and 1 you take out one of the best TEs in the NFL and call a play to get an O-linemen the ball? Surprise surprise it failed. Some might question if Andy called the play or Naggy? At the end of the day, Andy is the head coach and has the final call regardless. He just couldn't help himself one way or the other he allowed it to happen.

Charge #2 Discipline. We have seen this really stick out this season. Kelce has had a couple of them already and Peters did yesterday. We saw it some last season as well. You are damn right that you can put a lot of the blame for the guys losing their cool. But when you have so many cases of this it stands out. And as a head coach, it's your job to get this fixed. He hasn't. You can tell a lot about a coach by the discipline that his team has. And in this area, we have seen some very lackluster times. Between just bad penalties or plays losing it on the field, they don't have the discipline of a championship team.

Charge #3 Clock management. Like charge 1 this has been something that has haunted Andy his entire head coaching career. It is not quite at the level as the playcalling issue. But like the playcalling issue, I think this has been something that has left us all frustrated from time to time. While I can't point to one big thing in this regard relating to yesterdays game I can recall the time it bugged me the most. Going back to the playoff loss to the Pats. Late in the game Chiefs have the ball clock ticking way too much camera shows Andy just shaking his head. Doing nothing about it. And that time would come back to haunt the Chiefs in that playoff loss.

I'm not going to even pretend to say the Andy Reid shouldn't be an NFL head coach. If you are a team that is in need of being turned around then he is without a doubt a very good option to bring in to get things started. He is deserving of being one of the 32 guys that are an NFL head coach. But you are not going to get a championship level with him. He lacks the ability to fix the weakness in his teams. As I stated at the start he was the right hire for the position the Chiefs were in at that time. But now is the time it's time to move on. He has gone as far as he will go. It's time to move on from Andy Reid IMO If he could fix these issues I think he would have in the 20 years he has been an NFL coach.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When I see this thread popping back up is this...Okay, you don't want Reid as HC, then who do you want?

It's understandable to upset with Reid's "quirks" but at the same time let's not take things for granted. Reid's far from perfect, but under him, we've hosted a AFCCG, won playoff games, consistently gone to the playoffs, and have broken the KC curse of not being able to draft a QB worth a hoot. We've got consistently sold out games when parking alone is $60.

If we decide to can Reid, we could easily find ourselves in a situation where we're watching a team slowly implode itself right in front of us (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    When I see this thread popping back up is this...Okay, you don't want Reid as HC, then who do you want?

It's understandable to upset with Reid's "quirks" but at the same time let's not take things for granted. Reid's far from perfect, but under him, we've hosted a AFCCG, won playoff games, consistently gone to the playoffs, and have broken the KC curse of not being able to draft a QB worth a hoot. We've got consistently sold out games when parking alone is $60.

If we decide to can Reid, we could easily find ourselves in a situation where we're watching a team slowly implode itself right in front of us (again).
    This is a question I see alot when discussing Reid. My answer is I don't know.

But what I know is Reid has a track record of not being able to get the team to a championship level. As I stated I do think Reid is a very good NFL head coach and I do give him credit for the job he did when he did it. But I am seeing way to many of the worts of a Andy Reid team popping up on us in the last 2 games for me to think that it's going to end any different then it always has. Hopefully he proves me wrong and we can all laugh at me being a dummy again. But I am going to have to see it

I would start with OC Eric Bieniemy if he doesn't work out try again. Is there risk hell yeah there is. But ask Eagles fans if it's worth it?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is a question I see alot when discussing Reid. My answer is I don't know.

But what I know is Reid has a track record of not being able to get the team to a championship level. As I stated I do think Reid is a very good NFL head coach and I do give him credit for the job he did when he did it. But I am seeing way to many of the worts of a Andy Reid team popping up on us in the last 2 games for me to think that it's going to end any different then it always has. Hopefully he proves me wrong and we can all laugh at me being a dummy again. But I am going to have to see it

I would start with OC Eric Bieniemy if he doesn't work out try again. Is there risk hell yeah there is. But ask Eagles fans if it's worth it?
    Eric Bienemy isn't a bad idea. We wouldn't have to blow up & rebuild the team if we went that route, and would have a much better chance of keeping really skilled players around (Mahomes, Hill). With Reid not getting any younger, it wouldn't surprise me if Bienemy is being groomed for the job down the road. It makes me wonder if he'll be stuck in the same situation with the D though.

No, Eagles fans weren't complaining when Pederson was hoisting the Lombardi, but they were pretty vocal after following a man named "Chip" into a few pro football seasons, after Reid.

The scene: A packed court room eagerly awaiting what is about to happen. The jury slowly files in and takes their seats.

The Judge ask "Has the Jury reached a verdict?"

The answer " We have your honor"

The judge ask "will the defendant please rise and face the jury"

The defendant nervously rises fearing he knows what is coming

The judge declares "You may read the verdict"

The foreperson Beings " We the jury in the above cause find the defendant Matthewschiefs GUILTY OF BEING A DUMB*** and sentence him to life knowing just how dumb he really is"

The judge thanks the jury looks at the defendant and says "May god have mercy on your soul you dumb***"
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

^^^^^^^^ I agree with the above post completely. Thank you for eating crow, you dumb ***

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The scene: A packed court room eagerly awaiting what is about to happen. The jury slowly files in and takes their seats.

The Judge ask "Has the Jury reached a verdict?"

The answer " We have your honor"

The judge ask "will the defendant please rise and face the jury"

The defendant nervously rises fearing he knows what is coming

The judge declares "You may read the verdict"

The foreperson Beings " We the jury in the above cause find the defendant Matthewschiefs GUILTY OF BEING A DUMB*** and sentence him to life knowing just how dumb he really is"

The judge thanks the jury looks at the defendant and says "May god have mercy on your soul you dumb***"
    Is this your way of saying you had to give the clipboard back?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Is this your way of saying you had to give the clipboard back?
    For the moment

I can't say that I will never take it back but it will be a while before I do that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678