Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension

Default Suspension

Chiefs have suspended CB Marcus Peter's for 1 game. He will miss the Raiders game

Needed to be done
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Chiefs have suspended CB Marcus Peter's for 1 game. He will miss the Raiders game
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Needed to be done
    I hate losing him for the Raiders game because of my fanatical hatred of the Raiders, but with the way we are tanking something had to be done to restore discipline. The French have a saying..."Pour encourager les autres". Rough translation "To encourage the others". It refers to the Battle of Minorca in 1756 that the British lost to the French. The British Admiral was subsequently court-martialed and executed for his failure. Sometimes you have to severely punish someone of very high profile to make the others understand that their actions do have consequences. Hopefully this will instill some discipline back into the team.

Great. Now the team gets punished by making its best corner sit? The only lesson we'll get from this is how bad our secondary gets shredded by Carr.

Actually Dugstr this was Reid's decision so far no punishment from the league on Peter's

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Actually Dugstr this was Reid's decision so far no punishment from the league on Peter's
    Not yet. He will most likely be fined?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Not yet. He will most likely be fined?
    Possible, but with Reid having suspended him for 1 game without pay I doubt the NFL will take any further action.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I hate losing him for the Raiders game because of my fanatical hatred of the Raiders, but with the way we are tanking something had to be done to restore discipline. The French have a saying..."Pour encourager les autres". Rough translation "To encourage the others". It refers to the Battle of Minorca in 1756 that the British lost to the French. The British Admiral was subsequently court-martialed and executed for his failure. Sometimes you have to severely punish someone of very high profile to make the others understand that their actions do have consequences. Hopefully this will instill some discipline back into the team.
    Love it CT! You know your "French" like me. Your history detail is amazing brother & you're "spot-on" Love throwing some past-time into this forum! You're a learned man. You bring class to these boards!

Peters had to get the boot. I don't like it either that he will not be playing against our hated Raiders, but it needed to be done. I've come to realize our season is over. I'm K with it. In some small measure, it's a relief. I don't know how much longer my old heart can take this crap. Not worrying on a Sunday is so stress-free.

Kayla & I are heading-out to our favorite seafood place in an hour. Blackened Red Grouper & mussels for me! So love this place!
    Last edited by KCMASS; 12-07-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Love it CT! You know your "French" like me. Your history detail is amazing brother & you're "spot-on" Love throwing some past-time into this forum! You're a learned man. You bring class to these boards!
    I ain't as smart as you give me credit for. I'm a college dropout. So I don't have the "Goodhousekeeping seal of approval". I never did get along with professors telling me what I should read. Mostly because of the politics of said professors. But I've read all my life. 60 years now. Wore out 3 "kindles" in 2 years. As for the detail of "pour encourager les autres" I knew the phrase and it's meaning but had to check the details of how it came about. It actually comes from Voltaire's novel "Candide" which I read in French in High School in '74. The full quote is " Dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral pour encourager les autres." Since you also speak French I will not bother to translate. But the book was written after the battle I referenced so that battle is likely where the reference came from. I must say....Fascinating to have 2 long time Chiefs fans from New England who have never lived anywhere near KC with somewhat similar backgrounds with so much in common.

Peters had to get the boot. I don't like it either that he will not be playing against our hated Raiders, but it needed to be done. I've come to realize our season is over. I'm K with it. In some small measure, it's a relief. I don't know how much longer my old heart can take this crap. Not worrying on a Sunday is so stress-free.
    I wish I could say these next 4 weeks would be "stress-free" for me. But with Oakland, Chargers, Dolphins (they WRECKED my Christmas all those years ago) and Broncos up these next 4 weeks I'm still going to find the rest of the season stressful. Yeah...OK...I can accept that we're not likely to win the division, get into the playoffs or much of anything else but DAMMITALL!!!! I still want us to finish the season with some self respect! And all 4 of those games are "self-respect" games for me. So they matter to me every bit as much as if we were fighting for the top seed in the AFC.

Kayla & I are heading-out to our favorite seafood place in an hour. Blackened Red Grouper & mussels for me! So love this place!
    JEEZ! You make me HUNGRY! In case I haven't mentioned it, I am a SEAFOOD NUT! Learned that from my Grandfather and living on the Cape. Enjoy your dinner and let's hope we can find a way to whup up on the Raiders this Sunday! Send my best to Kayla you lucky dog! :)

I heard Marcus sent out a tweet on Tuesday. It only read "Lol". Radio guys think he was informed about it on Tuesday and announced yesterday.

The guy does not care. This suspension won't do anything but seal the deal that he won't be back with KC. Might as well trade him to another team, including the Raiders. He will end up there anyway unless he signed with a team we traded him to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast