Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspension

Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 0

Default Suspension

0 Not allowed!
    Chiefs have suspended CB Marcus Peter's for 1 game. He will miss the Raiders game

Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Wish we could trade him to the Browns for one of their 1st rounders

Thumbs Up
    Received: 900
    Given: 2,326

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I heard Marcus sent out a tweet on Tuesday. It only read "Lol". Radio guys think he was informed about it on Tuesday and announced yesterday.

The guy does not care. This suspension won't do anything but seal the deal that he won't be back with KC. Might as well trade him to another team, including the Raiders. He will end up there anyway unless he signed with a team we traded him to.
    Heard the same thing. I believe you have hit the nail on the head. At this point it's probably only about what we can get for him, not who he goes to. He should have good trade value.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 66

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I ain't as smart as you give me credit for. I'm a college dropout. So I don't have the "Goodhousekeeping seal of approval". I never did get along with professors telling me what I should read. Mostly because of the politics of said professors. But I've read all my life. 60 years now. Wore out 3 "kindles" in 2 years. As for the detail of "pour encourager les autres" I knew the phrase and it's meaning but had to check the details of how it came about. It actually comes from Voltaire's novel "Candide" which I read in French in High School in '74. The full quote is " Dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral pour encourager les autres." Since you also speak French I will not bother to translate. But the book was written after the battle I referenced so that battle is likely where the reference came from. I must say....Fascinating to have 2 long time Chiefs fans from New England who have never lived anywhere near KC with somewhat similar backgrounds with so much in common.

I wish I could say these next 4 weeks would be "stress-free" for me. But with Oakland, Chargers, Dolphins (they WRECKED my Christmas all those years ago) and Broncos up these next 4 weeks I'm still going to find the rest of the season stressful. Yeah...OK...I can accept that we're not likely to win the division, get into the playoffs or much of anything else but DAMMITALL!!!! I still want us to finish the season with some self respect! And all 4 of those games are "self-respect" games for me. So they matter to me every bit as much as if we were fighting for the top seed in the AFC.

JEEZ! You make me HUNGRY! In case I haven't mentioned it, I am a SEAFOOD NUT! Learned that from my Grandfather and living on the Cape. Enjoy your dinner and let's hope we can find a way to whup up on the Raiders this Sunday! Send my best to Kayla you lucky dog! :)
    I LOVE your reply! You don't have to have a degree to be smart CT. Trust me, I have one & I'm nothing special. Great line "In this country, it is good to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage others" Great quote! Maybe that applies to Andy Reid? I know. Being from New England & being a Chiefs fan is pretty rare. It's great that I love these boards so much. I've shared my personal life with you guys & everyone has been so wonderful.

Yeah..Kris. I've given-up & like I said...I'm K with it. Here's my take...What happens, happens. No stress. I'm just going to roll with it.

Seafood is my life. I cannot get enough of it! Thank god Kayla loves it too. We eat (some form of it) like 4-5 times a week. I'll let her know you said "hello" & you're correct...I am lucky! Oh...BTW. The we both had the blackened Red Grouper & an massive order of baked stuffed Sea Scallops (yum) Passed on the mussels as I eat them all of the time now.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 1,537

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Wish we could trade him to the Browns for one of their 1st rounders
    That could be a possiblity now that John Dorsey has signed on with Cleveland.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That could be a possiblity now that John Dorsey has signed on with Cleveland.
    Or Alex. Dorsey has plenty of cash to play with at Cleveland.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Update....If my info is correct, Dorsey has two (2) 1st round picks and three (3) 2cond round picks in the coming draft. Perhaps we can get him to part with some of those.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Or Alex. Dorsey has plenty of cash to play with at Cleveland.
    Very possible. But how motivated is Dorsey going to be to help KC, after KC didn't sign his extension? Wouldn't be a bit surprised for him to drag out talks with us on anybody, only to have him turn around and trade with Green Bay.

Would think that wherever Alex goes would depend on who signs somebody Alex has played for as coach.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Very possible. But how motivated is Dorsey going to be to help KC, after KC didn't sign his extension? Wouldn't be a bit surprised for him to drag out talks with us on anybody, only to have him turn around and trade with Green Bay.

Would think that wherever Alex goes would depend on who signs somebody Alex has played for as coach.
    Hopefully Dorsey will put aside any animosity against KC and do his job which is to do the best he can for Cleveland. He has lots of cash to spend and he's got a boatload of FAT picks. I wouldn't expect him to give us any bargains or "special discounts", but with the Browns having fired Sashi Brown after less than 2 years I suspect Dorsey will feel pressure to turn the team around quickly. And being honest, he knows our roster pretty well. So logically with the pressure to turn the team around quickly he might be looking to pick up some established players that he has some recent history with. Or anyway that is what I'd be doing if I was in his shoes.

The Browns desperately need a QB who can come in and perform RIGHT NOW and they have plenty of cap cash, so Alex's 2018 cap hit of roughly $20 million is not an issue. So IMO it would be logical for Dorsey to talk to us about Alex since he knows Alex is probably gone after this year. Yes, he could wait around to try to get Alex on the Free Agent market but with the pressure to produce RIGHT NOW perhaps he'd rather give up a draft pick or two (he has plenty) to not get in a bidding war. The Browns have won a TOTAL of 4 games between 2015, 2016 and so far this year. But Alex could probably make the Browns at least respectable right away (if they have a decent coach) and going 7-9 or 8-8 would probably take a lot of pressure off Dorsey and buy him some time to build through the draft. Which is how he likes to do things.

Peters.....Dorsey picked him, he did great for two years. So perhaps Dorsey might see Peters as an opportunity to improve the Browns right away. And being honest, Dorsey isn't going to give up draft picks easily but he has LOTS of them (high picks too) and he NEEDS to show some quick improvement in the Browns.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part but if I were in Dorsey's shoes with the pressure to improve the team QUICKLY with a huge wallet-full of high draft picks one of the first places I'd be looking was the Chiefs roster.

But that is just me....and I'm not Dorsey or even an NFL GM. But I have been hired (in other industries) and expected to fix the problems RIGHT DAMNED NOW so I think I have some small clue what is going on in Dorsey's head right now. PRESSURE.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-08-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Hopefully Dorsey will put aside any animosity against KC and do his job which is to do the best he can for Cleveland. He has lots of cash to spend and he's got a boatload of FAT picks. I wouldn't expect him to give us any bargains or "special discounts", but with the Browns having fired Sashi Brown after less than 2 years I suspect Dorsey will feel pressure to turn the team around quickly. And being honest, he knows our roster pretty well. So logically with the pressure to turn the team around quickly he might be looking to pick up some established players that he has some recent history with. Or anyway that is what I'd be doing if I was in his shoes.

The Browns desperately need a QB who can come in and perform RIGHT NOW and they have plenty of cap cash, so Alex's 2018 cap hit of roughly $20 million is not an issue. So IMO it would be logical for Dorsey to talk to us about Alex since he knows Alex is probably gone after this year. Yes, he could wait around to try to get Alex on the Free Agent market but with the pressure to produce RIGHT NOW perhaps he'd rather give up a draft pick or two (he has plenty) to not get in a bidding war. The Browns have won a TOTAL of 4 games between 2015, 2016 and so far this year. But Alex could probably make the Browns at least respectable right away (if they have a decent coach) and going 7-9 or 8-8 would probably take a lot of pressure off Dorsey and buy him some time to build through the draft. Which is how he likes to do things.

Peters.....Dorsey picked him, he did great for two years. So perhaps Dorsey might see Peters as an opportunity to improve the Browns right away. And being honest, Dorsey isn't going to give up draft picks easily but he has LOTS of them (high picks too) and he NEEDS to show some quick improvement in the Browns.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part but if I were in Dorsey's shoes with the pressure to improve the team QUICKLY with a huge wallet-full of high draft picks one of the first places I'd be looking was the Chiefs roster.

But that is just me....and I'm not Dorsey or even an NFL GM. But I have been hired (in other industries) and expected to fix the problems RIGHT DAMNED NOW so I think I have some small clue what is going on in Dorsey's head right now. PRESSURE.
    It could happen, but think they'll have to get the HC settled first. If Alex finishes the season strong, and let's say Brad Childress left to become the head coach of the Browns, then yes I'd say there's a really good chance.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    It could happen, but think they'll have to get the HC settled first. If Alex finishes the season strong, and let's say Brad Childress left to become the head coach of the Browns, then yes I'd say there's a really good chance.
    You make a good point about Childress. I hadn't been thinking that far ahead yet. But I can certainly see him raiding the staff of either the Chiefs or Green Bay to select a Head Coach. But we likely won't know much of anything about that until the regular season is over. I still wish I knew how and why the decision was made to fire Dorsey. I've heard so many different theories but that is all it's been...theories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12