Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: An IMPORTANT reflection on our season.

Default An IMPORTANT reflection on our season.

Thanks to TR's EXCELLENT game day thread I noticed some things that are REALLY CRAZY about this season. Thought I should pass them along....

#1) Alex has 3,239 yards passing on the season. That is only 263 yards short of his best ever for a 16 game season. So barring injury or him looking like poop for the next four games he will likely have the best season of his career, pass 4,000 yards passing for the first time in his career and is on track for about 4,300 yards passing for the season. That would be right about 800 yards BETTER than his previous best.

#2) Kareem Hunt has 930 yards rushing so again he'll probably go way over 1,000 yards rushing.

#3) Tyreek Hill has 911 yards receiving. So he is going to go over 1,00 yards receiving.

#4) Travis Kelce has 871 yards receiving. So he will likely have over 1,000 yards receiving.

So here is what all that means....Our QB is going to have FAR AND AWAY the best season of his career; we're going to have a WR and a TE with over 1,000 yards receiving each and we're going to have a RB with over 1,000 yards rushing.

And our season has been tanking. WELL...I sure as hell know whose fault it ISN'T. ​The fault does not belong to the offense.

The offense was to blame for the steelers, raiders and giants game though

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    The offense was to blame for the steelers, raiders and giants game though
    I think you mean the Bills game not the Raiders
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

So let's update this....

#1) Alex now has 3,482 yard passing. Just 20 yards short of his previous best season ever. On track for 4,285 yards for the season. Barring injury it will be far and away the best season of his career.

#2) Kareem Hunt is now at 1,046 yards rushing. Plus 389 yards receiving. So 1,435 yards total. So on target for 1,766 total yards for the season.

#3) Tyreek Hill is now at 986 yards in receptions. So he'll go well over 1,000 yards in receptions and he is on target for over 1,200 yards receiving. And that doesn't even count punt returns.

#4) Kelce now has 945 yards receiving so he is on track for 1,163 yards receiving.

Alex will go over 4,000 yards passing, Hunt will go over 1,700 total yards rushing and receiving and Hill will go over 1,200 yards receiving. Surely isn't the Offense's fault we are 7-6.

The offense is PART of the reason we are 7-6 they have put up some big numbers in games but they also had a few real stinkers when the D didn't play bad
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The offense is PART of the reason we are 7-6 they have put up some big numbers in games but they also had a few real stinkers when the D didn't play bad
    YOU are SO RIGHT.

According to nfl.com Alex is at 3,507 yards passing. http://www.nfl.com/stats/player?seas...=REG&Submit=Go

Haven't checked Hill's or Kelce's number's, but did see Hunt's over a 1,000 for the season. Normally I'm not a numbers guy (too many years of watching QB's throw over 4,000 yards but turn around and post 4-6 win seasons, for ex. Jeff George).

While I'm very happy with the win today (great job all around) we still have our work cut out for us. None of the teams remaining on our schedule will be pushovers. All three are AFC opponents. We can't turn around and get cute with the playcalling, get lazy on D, drop passes, miss tackles or run carelessly with the ball or the clock. Our star players need to take a cue from what guys like Tamba did today and step up.

I think both sides of the ball own about two thirds of that horrible loosing streak; the other third belongs to coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    According to nfl.com Alex is at 3,507 yards passing. http://www.nfl.com/stats/player?seas...=REG&Submit=Go
    We're 25 yards apart on Alex and my numbers were done by calculating (with paper and pen) his yards for the game plus his previous total before most sites updated their totals so I think we can call it "close enough". What is important is that Alex is right at +/- a few yards of his career best after just 13 games. So it seems safe to say that barring injury he will BLOW AWAY his previous best by a HUGE MARGIN. Specifically about 800-900 yards or in terms of percentage...by about 23% +. ​ That's CRAZY!

Haven't checked Hill's or Kelce's number's, but did see Hunt's over a 1,000 for the season. Normally I'm not a numbers guy (too many years of watching QB's throw over 4,000 yards but turn around and post 4-6 win seasons, for ex. Jeff George).
    Yes. By my calculation above Hunt is at 1,046 yards rushing plus 389 yards receiving for a total of 1,435 yards total rushing and receiving. On target for over 1,700 offensive yards. Again, by my quick post-game calculation Kelce is now at 945 yards receiving and again by my quick calculation Hill is at 986 yards receiving plus close to 200 yards in punt returns. These guys are KILLING IT! Why are we at 7-6? It ain't the Offense. And honestly, it ain't the Defense. In those losses to crappy teams the Defense mostly kept the points to a minimum (except the Jets). So WHAT HAS CHANGED? Hopefully what changed was a MOTIVATION PROBLEM and that came to an end today.

While I'm very happy with the win today (great job all around) we still have our work cut out for us. None of the teams remaining on our schedule will be pushovers. All three are AFC opponents. We can't turn around and get cute with the playcalling, get lazy on D, drop passes, miss tackles or run carelessly with the ball or the clock. Our star players need to take a cue from what guys like Tamba did today and step up.
    Exactly so! All we did today was make ourselves a serious contender in the AFC West again. We control our future. We're tied with the Chargers (and hold the tiebreaker on them), a game ahead of the Raiders (and hold the tie-breaker on them), and the Broncos are TOAST.

But the next 3 weeks are Chargers, Dolphins and Broncos. Any one of them could ruin our season and the Broncos would LOVE to do it in week 17. We MUST go out and play as if there is NO TOMORROW because thanks to 3 really stupid losses (Giants, Bills, Jets) just one more loss probably means there is no tomorrow. Every game from here on in is pretty much a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thanks to TR's EXCELLENT game day thread I noticed some things that are REALLY CRAZY about this season. Thought I should pass them along....

#1) Alex has 3,239 yards passing on the season. That is only 263 yards short of his best ever for a 16 game season. So barring injury or him looking like poop for the next four games he will likely have the best season of his career, pass 4,000 yards passing for the first time in his career and is on track for about 4,300 yards passing for the season. That would be right about 800 yards BETTER than his previous best.

#2) Kareem Hunt has 930 yards rushing so again he'll probably go way over 1,000 yards rushing.

#3) Tyreek Hill has 911 yards receiving. So he is going to go over 1,00 yards receiving.

#4) Travis Kelce has 871 yards receiving. So he will likely have over 1,000 yards receiving.

So here is what all that means....Our QB is going to have FAR AND AWAY the best season of his career; we're going to have a WR and a TE with over 1,000 yards receiving each and we're going to have a RB with over 1,000 yards rushing.

And our season has been tanking. WELL...I sure as hell know whose fault it ISN'T. ​The fault does not belong to the offense.
    All very good points, but I would be interested in seeing what their numbers are during that four game loosing skid. I would look them up myself but I'm just too lazy.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 12-10-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast