Thread: Postgame VS Jokeland

Default Postgame VS Jokeland

1. First of all a big tip of the cap to the defense. Without the top CB everyone thought this was going to be a rough game. Outside of the end (you had to know they would make a run) The D dominated that game. Shut them down Very nice to see. And a major improvement from what we have seen.

2. Another huge tip of the cap to Andy Reid. The playcalling was much better and we didn't see any baffling nonsense that we have grown way to use to seeing. Timeout management was still a bit of a factor in the first half but this was still a major improvement in the coaching department.

3. What was wrong with Hunt? He just wasn't getting the ball enough. Hunt from the start of the season was a guy who's final 10 carries were better than his first 10. It's kind of hard to get that when you are giving him less than 10 a game. Today he got the damn ball and was right back where he can be. Let's hope that keeps up.

4. It's not often with this team that Sts has been an issue. But that onside kick wow you have to get that ball. A couple of guys had the chance to do it but just came up short. This is something that is going to have to be worked on this week. With a smaller lead, that kind of thing can be a killer.

This was a nice bounce-back win and a much-needed one. The Chiefs next Saturday night will have a chance to get right back in the driver's seat in the AFC West. Peters will be back and we have a game we can build on defensively. The chance is there now they just have to get the job done.

On a side note Is it just me or do people overrated David Carr? YES he had a great year last year. Take nothing away from that but overall I don't think he's as good as the hype that he gets. Maybe it's just the Faider hate but I just don't see it myself :)
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 12-10-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    1. First of all a big tip of the cap to the defense. Without the top CB everyone thought this was going to be a rough game. Outside of the end (you had to know they would make a run) The D dominated that game. Shut them down Very nice to see. And a major improvement from what we have seen.
    No doubt. MAJOR IMPROVEMENT in the Defense.

2. Another huge tip of the cap to Andy Reid. The playcalling was much better and we didn't see any baffling nonsense that we have grown way to use to seeing. Timeout management was still a bit of a factor in the first half but this was still a major improvement in the coaching department.
    Agreed, but the tip of the cap for Reid really goes for turning the playcalling over to Nagy. Nagy called the plays again this week (as he did last week). Or at least that is what I have read from many sources. But Yes...KUDOS to Reid for taking responsibility for the problem and fixing it by giving up the playcalling. 57 points in two games shows what we need to be doing.

3. What was wrong with Hunt? He just wasn't getting the ball enough. Hunt from the start of the season was a guy who's final 10 carries were better than his first 10. It's kind of hard to get that when you are giving him less than 10 a game. Today he got the damn ball and was right back where he can be. Let's hope that keeps up.
    Yes. He was "back on track" today. 25 carries for 116 yards. Plus 22 yards in receptions. Why the bounce back? How about better playcalling (thank you Reid for turning that over to Nagy) and maybe a Chiefs O-line that was pished off and trying to redeem their DIGNITY against a HATED division rival?

4. It's not often with this team that Sts has been an issue. But that onside kick wow you have to get that ball. A couple of guys had the chance to do it but just came up short. This is something that is going to have to be worked on this week. With a smaller lead, that kind of thing can be a killer.
    Agreed. But I'm not going to get too worked up about it. CRAZY things sometimes happen on onsides kicks. But without a doubt Special Teams weren't and haven't been as good this year as we have expected the last 4 years.

This was a nice bounce-back win and a much-needed one. The Chiefs next Saturday night will have a chance to get right back in the driver's seat in the AFC West. Peters will be back and we have a game we can build on defensively. The chance is there now they just have to get the job done.
    SO TRUE! We are a LONG WAY from being "over the hump", but we showed today that we are still VERY MUCH in the hunt for the AFC West title. A loss would pretty much have ended all hope. Now it's the damned Raiders that are hanging by a thread.

On a side note Is it just me or do people overrated David Carr? YES he had a great year last year. Take nothing away from that but overall I don't think he's as good as the hype that he gets. Maybe it's just the Faider hate but I just don't see it myself :)
    MUCH TRUTH IN THAT. He was not much impressive today. But y'know, I like to think that a pished-off Chiefs Defense might have had a lot to do with his poor performance today. As Gen. Longstreet famously said many years after the Civil War when asked why the South lost, he famously said...."The Yankees had a lot to do with it".

...This; hopefully they proved to themselves, if no one else, that Carr can be beat. Great analysis Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...This; hopefully they proved to themselves, if no one else, that Carr can be beat. Great analysis Matt!
    Oh I think they knew Carr could be beat we are what now 7-2 against him. And I still think the one from October was a bunch of BS. But oh well.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!