Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well here is a crazy thought....

Default Well here is a crazy thought....

Check out the article linked below. Some guy from ESPN is suggesting that might be interested in trading for Alex. I'm not in a hurry to see Alex go, but with a cap hit of $20.6 million and our Chiefs in eternal cap hell I just don't see us keeping him and having Mahomes hold a clipboard for another year. So for better or worse I think this is the last year we will see Alex in a Chiefs uniform. So it becomes a matter of who can we trade him to and how much can we get? Answer...The Bills! After all, they hold our 1st round pick next year plus our own. The Bills don't seem too excited about Tyrod Taylor (having benched him for Peterman in that disastrous mistake earlier this season) so they might be interested in a veteran QB like Alex. They can make the $20.6 million in cap space by dealing Taylor ($16 million cap hit) to another team that needs a QB. So it all makes a certain amount of sense.

But here is the more interesting thought. I'm sure we have all considered the idea that Dorsey at the Browns with more draft picks than he knows what to do with might be interested in Alex. Maybe we could get the Browns and the Bills in a bidding war for Alex? Wonder if we could get our 1st round pick back from the Bills?

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...e-tyrod-taylor

Here's not a crazy thought but a crazy fact I just thought to look this up tonight

Alex Smith is putting up near TOM BRADY numbers

Brady has 3 more td passes but also has 50 more passes thrown. They both have a td% of 5.4% And Brady is only .1 YPA higher then Alex. WOW never thought he would be up there with Brady but this season he is
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Here's not a crazy thought but a crazy fact I just thought to look this up tonight

Alex Smith is putting up near TOM BRADY numbers

Brady has 3 more td passes but also has 50 more passes thrown. They both have a td% of 5.4% And Brady is only .1 YPA higher then Alex. WOW never thought he would be up there with Brady but this season he is

WOW!!!! Good old "game manager Alex" putting up Brady numbers! Doubt anybody would have ever expected to see that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12