Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays my Chiefs Friends!

Default Happy Holidays my Chiefs Friends!

Just wanted to reach out & say have a safe & wonderful holiday. I've never used this forum more then I ever had & so enjoy it. Not many Christians (let alone Catholics) here in Istanbul. I think there's 120,000 of us out of a population on 80 million. We're having Turkey on Monday. It's not like back home in terms of buying one @ a supermarket. You have to find a special store to purchase one. BTW...ours is from the good old USA. Can't wait to have some cold turkey sandwiches next week! One thing I can say with confidence is it will not be a "White Christmas" for us. Have a great time all!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

TY Kcmass - Hope you have a great holiday! Can only imagine how different the holidays must feel in Istanbul.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    TY Kcmass - Hope you have a great holiday! Can only imagine how different the holidays must feel in Istanbul.
    It's so very different. Not seeing Christmas trees, lights in the windows etc. I came here to travel & found a girl (Catholic no less) by chance (what are the chances of that here?) I believe in fate. I just "lucked out" Crazy year for me. It's so good though. Now let's kick some Dolphin butt tomorrow! It will be 8:00 PM here for me (no problem)

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    It's so very different. Not seeing Christmas trees, lights in the windows etc. I came here to travel & found a girl (Catholic no less) by chance (what are the chances of that here?) I believe in fate. I just "lucked out" Crazy year for me. It's so good though. Now let's kick some Dolphin butt tomorrow! It will be 8:00 PM here for me (no problem)
    What are the chances of that? Exactly 0.15% according to your figures. Which is exactly the chances that Miami has of beating us this weekend! Merry Christmas!

Merry christmas all!

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    What are the chances of that? Exactly 0.15% according to your figures. Which is exactly the chances that Miami has of beating us this weekend! Merry Christmas!
    NJ...I'm laughing so hard right now! I mean it. Reading your reply took me over a minute to gain my composure. Correct. They're not many of us. We travel in "packs" Like wolves. I must admit it's a secular society here & all people are very cool. It's like an open city of sorts. Anything goes.

We MUST beat Miami tomorrow! No excuses. If we do...then we might take the AFC West,

If we do...then we might take the AFC West,
    If we beat the Dolphins then we DO take the AFC West. We can sew it up tomorrow.

Happy Holidays to everyone

May we spend a Merry Christmas hopefully celebrating a AFC west title for the 2nd year in a row
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When I hear about your situation (being in Istanbul, finding a s/o that's the same religion) it makes me think of some of my girlfriend's co-workers who came from Eqypt. Really nice people that had to leave because of their religion (Christian).

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Happy Holidays to everyone

May we spend a Merry Christmas hopefully celebrating a AFC west title for the 2nd year in a row
    Agreed. Time to stomp some 'phins into the turf at Arrowhead and take care of business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast