Thread: For those that have been upset by the "take a knee" thing...

Default For those that have been upset by the "take a knee" thing...

Kareem Hunt gave two police officers tickets to the Super Bowl. Check the article linked below. I gotta say....Hunt is turning into a DAMNED FINE CHIEF...both on and off the field. Makes me proud he is a Chief.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...8-d3f916f458ae

Makes me like hunt more but does nothing I regards to Peters or others taking a knee

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Makes me like hunt more but does nothing I regards to Peters or others taking a knee
    Wasn't intended to make you feel differently about "take a knee" or Peters. Sorry if my hamfisted words made you think that was what I was trying to do. Only intended to remind all of us (and that includes me) that are upset about "take a knee" that most of our Chiefs are fine men and well, y'know, to show that Hunt was pretty much doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of taking a knee. Krapernick wore his "pig socks" and Hunt gave Super Bowl tickets to the people Krapernick would have called "pigs". Hunt in a very gentle manner stuck his thumb right in the eye of all the "take a knee" people. I kinda like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Wasn't intended to make you feel differently about "take a knee" or Peters. Sorry if my hamfisted words made you think that was what I was trying to do. Only intended to remind all of us (and that includes me) that are upset about "take a knee" that most of our Chiefs are fine men and well, y'know, to show that Hunt was pretty much doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of taking a knee. Krapernick wore his "pig socks" and Hunt gave Super Bowl tickets to the people Krapernick would have called "pigs". Hunt in a very gentle manner stuck his thumb right in the eye of all the "take a knee" people. I kinda like that.
    I do agree, Hunt and many other Chiefs are great kids. I am just hoping Hill keeps himself humble after his mistake.

My son got a Hunt Jersey for Xmas from his grand parents. The boy was super excited. Then in his pack of football cards, he got special Rookie card that actually had a small square of K. Hunts pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I do agree, Hunt and many other Chiefs are great kids. I am just hoping Hill keeps himself humble after his mistake.

My son got a Hunt Jersey for Xmas from his grand parents. The boy was super excited. Then in his pack of football cards, he got special Rookie card that actually had a small square of K. Hunts pants.
    WOW! Your Son had an awesome Christmas! I too hope Hill "learned his lesson". The real test will be what happens when his rookie contract ends and he suddenly finds himself a millionaire. He'll find himself with all kinds of new "friends" and that can lead to problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    WOW! Your Son had an awesome Christmas! I too hope Hill "learned his lesson". The real test will be what happens when his rookie contract ends and he suddenly finds himself a millionaire. He'll find himself with all kinds of new "friends" and that can lead to problems.
    Yeah the square almost feels like canvas. He has rubbed it so many times it is turning black. Pretty cool that out of hundreds of cards he got the special card for K. Hunt. I keep telling him it is part of his jock strap.

Part of his jock strap! HAHAHAHAHA! I still can't believe we got Hunt in the 3rd round. It says A LOT for our coaching staff--bottom to top, position coaches to Reid--that so many of our later round picks are turning into such stars. Kelce--3rd round. Hunt--3rd round. Hill--5th round. And this year ALL 3 OF THEM OVER 1,000 yards. Our scouts have done a excellent job at looking past the 1st 2 rounds of the draft and our coaches have done an excellent job of turning later round picks into major impact players. And that doesn't even begin to mention what they have done with UDFAs, waiver wire players and practice squad steals. So many of our important players were later round picks and players that other teams felt didn't have what it took. Look at Parker....he was with Seattle 3 times plus with the Raiders and Panthers. He ain't Berry or Peters but he is a damned solid performer...and we got him off the waiver wire. And of course there is Butker...who we stole from a practice squad.